ADVERTISEMENT

When does Greg’s seat get hot?

The difference between Flood and Ash was that Flood started with a system in place, one that had already worked. He tried to continue it, but it eventually fell apart on Flood's own merit. Ash followed Flood, and he got what was left over, which wasn't much. Flood at least tried to recruit. Ash didn't know how. And he ran his own system that no one has ever understood to this day. No one else in the country would have hired Flood as its head coach, an OL coach who had been demoted from co-OC. Ash was a somewhat hot young assistant, but there are always hot young assistants, and they often don't work out. Both were bad choices.
Flood will be a head coach again. He had some great moments at RU (the win over Michigan is our best win in a decade - although Schiano will get a better one soon). Things didn't work out at RU at the end, but he took us to 8-5 in the B10. And then he went to Alabama and now he is the offensive coordinator at Texas. He will be a head coach again soon. And he will do a better job at his next stop than he did at RU.

Flood will be a head coach again. He had some great moments at RU (the win over Michigan is our best win in a decade - although Schiano will get a better one soon). Things didn't work out at RU at the end, but he took us to 8-5 in the B10. And then he went to Alabama and now he is the offensive coordinator at Texas. He will be a head coach again soon. And he will do a better job at his next stop than he did at RU.
I wonder if Coach Flood wants to be a HC again. He is making well over a million per year now without that headache. He will now always be a very much coveted Coordinator.

agree but does he want to be?

I wonder if Coach Flood wants to be a HC again. He is making well over a million per year now without that headache. He will now always be a very much coveted Coordinator.
Might just to get the RU HC experience taste out of his mouth and prove that letting him go was wrong.
But I doubt he's accept a HC position unless he felt he would be getting full support and what he feels needed to win there.

My numbers were based on his performance in the MSU game. Sorry if I was unclear or misleading..

You are correct he is 51 % ( rounded up) 7 TDs and 4 ints through 7 games. FBS D1 starting qb 7 tds through 7 games.

Yes UM and Wisconsin are the losers . Last week everyone said we lost to the west winner Wisconsin. What happened?? Why number 2 now? Wisconsin having a bad year and isn’t very good. MSU and NW have NO head coach. Context people.
Just watched the GW every throw against MST...he had 4 throw aways - 3 clear drops- 1 leading to an int. There were also 2 tipped balls and the first one, 2nd pass of the game- was just a great play by the guy who tipped it. He had already cleared the window GW was throwing through and somehow twisted backwards to get a hand on the ball. Otherwise- it looked like it may have been a perfect throw. GW also had 4-5 amazing throws to go with 4-5 bad throws.
Take aways 4 smart throwaways and add in the 3 drops- and ummmmm- his performance was actually - how do you say it- good.

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT