ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time a D-1A player drafted in the 1st round?

BeantownKnight

All Conference
Feb 14, 2008
With Carson Wentz likely going number 2 in tonight's draft, it did make me wonder, when was the last time a D-1AA player drafted in the 1st round? Or, how about this high up in the 1st round?

I know that there have been players who started their careers at D-1 schools but, due to personal or other reasons transferred down to FCS schools (where they could play immediately), and were drafted. But, that isn't the case with Carson Wentz who has played his entire career at North Dakota State.

Anyone?

Last edited:
With Carson Wentz likely going number 2 in tonight's draft, it did make me wonder, when was the last time a D-1A player drafted in the 1st round? Or, how about this high up in the 1st round?

I know that there have been players who started their careers at D-1 schools but, due to personal or other reasons transferred down to FCS schools (where they could play immediately), and were drafted. But, that isn't the case with Carson Wentz who has played his entire career at North Dakota State.

Anyone?
I'm not suring what you're saying? Are you saying 1AA (FCS) player?

Reactions: MikeR0102
I think you mean FCS player? Dominique Cromartie #16) and NJ-native Joe Flacco (#18) in 2008.

Steve McNair QB from Alcorn St was #3 overall in 1995.

Best NFL player from FCS IMHO was Jerry Rice

Reactions: tico brown
I think you mean FCS player? Dominique Cromartie #16) and NJ-native Joe Flacco (#18) in 2008.

Steve McNair QB from Alcorn St was #3 overall in 1995.

Best NFL player from FCS IMHO was Jerry Rice
Ed Too Tall Jones went #1 overall from Tennessee State, but that was a different era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT