ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the posters who argued with me that there were no more 6-day holds for the Big Ten?

Local Shill

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
Easton Avenue's finest gin mills
I tried to tell people they still exist under the new TV deal and was emphatically told no by several posters.

Two were announced for Nov. 4 so that ends that discussion.

Michigan State-State Penn

Ohio State-Iowa

I tried to tell people they still exist under the new TV deal and was emphatically told no by several posters.

Two were announced for Nov. 4 so that ends that discussion.

Michigan State-State Penn

Ohio State-Iowa

No idea where that was started but I never saw any good source that stated that these would no longer exist. It is possible there are fewer six day holds than there used to be though. The Nov. 4 six day holds in the big ten are the first ones I remember seeing this year.

It was @huskersalways. I'll try to find the thread.

Edit:
The new TV deal that started this year for the Big 10 eliminated the 6 day window. Game times are set before season or the 12 day window now.
The way it was explained on the NU board by a Mod it is gone for any games. To many logistical issues for the schools, fans and networks. The schools are thrilled.

I don’t recall arguing with anyone about it as I just passed on what the NU mods had posted about the 6 day question that was asked on the NU board. I will freely admit I was wrong because I really have no clue. Just passing on what read on NU board.

Is this the first time used this year? Surprised got this far into year without it being used.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and ATIOH
I don’t recall arguing with anyone about it as I just passed on what the NU mods had posted about the 6 day question that was asked on the NU board. I will freely admit I was wrong because I really have no clue. Just passing on what read on NU board.

Is this the first time used this year? Surprised got this far into year without it being used.
Maybe it was eliminated for night games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT