ADVERTISEMENT

Who will win the BigTen in 2024?

ivan brunetti

Senior
Nov 27, 2003
I would think Ohio State and Oregon would be the early favorites. Although, if OSU doesn't fix their QB issues, they could drop as many as three games. I think their defense will keep them in every game.

I think Michigan and Washington will fall back some. Potential for a lot of 9-3/8-4 teams.

What you got?

It’s difficult at this point, we’ll have to see all the transfers for each team. Also, I’ve predicted that Harbough will be coaching the LA Chargers in 2024, which would effect things. Based on anticipated talent levels, I would think OSU, Oregon, Mich, Wash as favorites with PSU, Wisc and USC as dark horse candidates.

It’s difficult at this point, we’ll have to see all the transfers for each team. Also, I’ve predicted that Harbough will be coaching the LA Chargers in 2024, which would effect things. Based on anticipated talent levels, I would think OSU, Oregon, Mich, Wash as favorites with PSU, Wisc and USC as dark horse candidates.

Wisconsin was one of the few losing bowl teams that should feel overall optimistic over their effort.

Exactly. With a season win-loss record of 69-0.

How do we win so many games in a single season, you might well ask. Easy.

We're going to be so damn good that we'll wind up playing multiple games per weekend just to try and find someone who can give us a real game. Which we will never find, despite playing several NFL teams.

You heard it here first, no matter what that @Plum Street guy says in 2025. 😃

Reactions: thegock
Before every season
Rutgers will win all its games and go on to win the National Championship.
I'll stick with that until the first loss.
RU B1G

• Haha
Reactions: zoby
Before every season
Rutgers will win all its games and go on to win the National Championship.
I'll stick with that until the first loss.
RU B1G

Point of order: if Rutgers loses its first game of 2024, but goes on to win the rest, the Scarlet Knights will be National Champions.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Nebraska needs to learn to crawl before it can attempt to run.

And USC's defense is almost as bad as Iowa's offense.
You may be in for a B1G surprise this season. The guy there Rhule actually knows how to win and Nebraska is not afraid to pay top dollar. We’ll see … figured why if not Rutgers toss some new names out there.

Reactions: Plum Street
Kansas St QB Will Howard to Ohio State. That should fix the Buckeye's QB issues.

(Unless he gets hurt.)
I’m not sure about that. I think he’ll be on par with McCord or worse. He’s not bad but he’s not the second coming of Stroud either.

I don’t know that there is as any qb left in the portal that would’ve been a big difference maker anyway.

Reactions: miket007
I’d go with PSU (if the growing pains with Kotelnicki aren’t too bad, Tom Allen is a new DC too), OSU, Oregon, USC (if Lynn can just make the defense mediocre) as the top contenders.

Who knows if Harbaugh will be back. He still hasn’t put out any rumors of the NFL.

I’ll go with Oregon and PSU. They might have a good enough combo of offense and defense to do it.

You may be in for a B1G surprise this season. The guy there Rhule actually knows how to win and Nebraska is not afraid to pay top dollar. We’ll see … figured why if not Rutgers toss some new names out there.

I don't doubt Rhule eventually having success in Lincoln. But going from 5-7 to Big Ten Champion in a single season is one steep step.

fba43d34c39f1b2be0520c6c61912d10.jpg

Reactions: ashokan
You would think so but ya never know. It’s my surprise pick because of Rhule , his past stops of winning at Temple , Baylor and he has already changed much of their roster. Does he have enough talent yet? Like Rutgers he’s filling the pipeline. Maybe two years but they have the fanbase even when they were not good.

I don't doubt Rhule eventually having success in Lincoln. But going from 5-7 to Big Ten Champion in a single season is one steep step.

fba43d34c39f1b2be0520c6c61912d10.jpg
I think their defense will be fine but I don’t see them making such a leap if that freshman is the starter. I don’t know what other qbs they have on the roster or have gotten through the portal.

I actually think they could make a leap in record though because looking at their schedule it seems quite manageable. At USC and at OSU are their toughest games and that’s it. The rest are their usual B10 west teams and IU, UCLA and us.

I would think Ohio State and Oregon would be the early favorites. Although, if OSU doesn't fix their QB issues, they could drop as many as three games. I think their defense will keep them in every game.

I think Michigan and Washington will fall back some. Potential for a lot of 9-3/8-4 teams.

What you got?
Right now, I'd have to go with OSU and Oregon with a big asterisk for OSU on fixing their OL. Michigan is losing a ton of 4th and 5th year seniors as they pointed to this year being it. USC needs to fix that putrid defense before they challenge.

Howard is great for KSU but this is best case scenario for the B1G. OSU will not dominate this year....
Also sounds like OSU is getting help with players returning in the last couple of weeks that could have declared for the NFL. Their defense will be rock solid but the OL ???

You can put RU in the dark horse category if, and it is a big IF, they get solid play from the QB position. I do think most of the other "big" teams take a step back opening up the door for RU.

Michigan

Newbies need to get through a season before being considered top dogs. One thing to play one offs, another to play punishing ball week in and out. Let's see the depth

Reactions: ashokan
Michigan

Newbies need to get through a season before being considered top dogs. One thing to play one offs, another to play punishing ball week in and out. Let's see the depth

Only if JJ returns. Michigan will lose a ton of players next season.

Will the Big Ten Championship have any meaning anymore same as bowl games? The 12 best teams get into the playoff. It‘s actually increases their playoff chances not to have a championship and increases the lost for one of the team when you compare to ND.

Will the Big Ten Championship have any meaning anymore same as bowl games? The 12 best teams get into the playoff. It‘s actually increases their playoff chances not to have a championship and increases the lost for one of the team when you compare to ND.
Huh? The Big Ten Championship absolutely has meaning next year. The six highest ranked conference champs followed by the next six highest ranked programs make the playoffs, and the top four conference champs get a first round bye.

Sure it has meaning because a conf champ has a good chance at a top 4 seed and a bye. Teams will definitely be playing for that. Also ND can never be a top 4 seed and get a bye while they’re independent.

Huh? The Big Ten Championship absolutely has meaning next year. The six highest ranked conference champs followed by the next six highest ranked programs make the playoffs, and the top four conference champs get a first round bye.
It’ll likely be amended to top 5 conf champs because of the loss of the PAC but that still has to be voted on and money distribution will likely come into play to get that change.

Of course it will have meaning. If a team is a conf. champion of the top 5 rated conferences, the team is in the playoff guaranteed. For the 5-12 seeds, the higher seed gets the playoff game at home on campus! This arrangement will make the regular season much more meaningful for many more schools.

Only if JJ returns. Michigan will lose a ton of players next season.
Yep, and some of the "way too early" predictions have OSU and Oregon out front with Michigan and PSU right there too. Didn't realize that Oregon picked up OK QB Dillon Gabriel in the Portal. They were also after Will Howard (along with USC) who committed to OSU.

With that said, just think that Michigan is losing a ton of 4th and 5th year players but they also seem to develop players really well. We'll see

Yep, and some of the "way too early" predictions have OSU and Oregon out front with Michigan and PSU right there too. Didn't realize that Oregon picked up OK QB Dillon Gabriel in the Portal. They were also after Will Howard (along with USC) who committed to OSU.

With that said, just think that Michigan is losing a ton of 4th and 5th year players but they also seem to develop players really well. We'll see

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT