ADVERTISEMENT

Whose decision was it to enforce the ban on outside food and drink?

I would blame the new security company...Rutgers hired them to absolve themselves of any blame so have to play by their rules

I would blame the new security company...Rutgers hired them to absolve themselves of any blame so have to play by their rules

6ab627ef-ca2a-43e2-a429-b2c2f8f7a9de.png

That's bs . No pushing blame to the new security company . Rutgers hired said security company. It falls on Rutgers. Rutgers pushing off accountability is cowardly.

the same football god that ordered the biggest home beat down since 1888

Reactions: DirtyRU
I mighg be wrong but i thought it was put into effect only after the seaside chelsea bombs went off and felt it was going to be temporary....i needs to be lifted thats for sure

Honestly, I would rather be safe than have you tightwads be permitted to bring in sub sandwiches. Its a 3.5 hour game. You can eat before or after. If you have a medical need for snacks, the school has a procedure to get cleared.

There's a lot of folks who have little kids here, but if you saw the family in front of us you may disagree. Literally have watched two little kids grow up since infants, and little kids like their juiceboxes, cookies, etc. Ludicrous that a family can't bring in food items for small children.

Also, we have a cookie lady who throws cookies to the crowd when we score a touchdown.

Just as well, because at the Michigan game, everybody in my section was tossing their own cookies. [sick]

Yet smart

Cowardly . People buy tickets and donate to Rutgers . Rutgers basically says its ok we take your money and donations , but ooops we really don't have a say what you can bring into our stadium .

I agree with the "families with kids need to bring in snacks" replies. If you want your 2-10 year old to sit still for 3.5 hours, you'd better bring something to keep them occupied. Believe me, the magic of Rutgers football ain't getting it done for that long.

And we throw Twizzlers in our section when we score (not that we've needed many in the last few games), but now we've been told we can't bring them in anymore. More for the tailgate, I guess, but the recruits always loved it.

There's a lot of folks who have little kids here, but if you saw the family in front of us you may disagree. Literally have watched two little kids grow up since infants, and little kids like their juiceboxes, cookies, etc. Ludicrous that a family can't bring in food items for small children.

Also, we have a cookie lady who throws cookies to the crowd when we score a touchdown.

Just as well, because at the Michigan game, everybody in my section was tossing their own cookies. [sick]

At least they weren't tossing their own salads.

Cowardly . People buy tickets and donate to Rutgers . Rutgers basically says its ok we take your money and donations , but ooops we really don't have a say what you can bring into our stadium .
Smart business man. Deflect liability.
Get it?

I suppose that's a fair point (plus I like the twizzlers that get thrown). The sub sandwiches always kind of bothered me. I mean that could be anything in there. It always amazed me that it was allowed.

I guess ideally you need to have security discretion (no 12" sub, yes to snack size bag of pretzels) but in this day and age, we can't have anybody doing anything on a discretionary basis. Damn lawyers.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I interviewed with Andy Frain-the security company (who was recruiting at the RAC) when I picked up my season ticket. They seemed half disorganized and seemed just happy to get the account let alone create controversy. I literally had to yell the then schedule to the "leaders" so they could inform those there their work schedules.

I think it was decision by the Middlesex County Sheriff's dept if not local police or insurance company. Not wanting to create waves I'm sure Frain didn't argue if they had the chance. From my limited experience these firm that hire security are basically "temp/"temp to perm" agencies"-they are more interested in expanding business/accounts than else.

Whatever it was I think it was a "wink, wink" job as the top administration figured it was a good chance to raise revenue. From my experience:

1) All top in athletic dept have access to the food in the Hale Center-they don't care.

2) I used to work out with a surgeon from St Petes who had a connection to the NB police dept-the police chief or similar has a prime tailgating spot out front of the stadium- Why would they care about a food ban (only makes their job easier)?

3) See 1 above but I tailgate with another of the top 3 or 4's family "R tailgate". She is oft game by the time the "main course" is available but there is food available for her before she leaves for the Hale Center (where there is access to food). She sometimes comes back to the tailgate based on responsibilities.

Her boyfriend (now on staff) also runs our tailgate. He has access to the Hale Center and sometimes goes up there to see her (may also be a function of his children who attend once in awhile.

SUMMARY-my educated guess. A police decision at some level with no motivation to argue from RU senor staffers who also realize it can't hurt the bottom line.

Last edited:
Reactions: redking
I have always taken the position that being struck with a Twizzler is assault with a deadly weapon. To be fair to everyone we need to ban people from HPSS thus avoiding the problems highlighted in this thread.

This discussion would be easier to follow if we knew what Bac thought.

Seriously, it does not appear that Met Life has instituted a similar policy since per the stadium websitefood in a clear bag and factory sealed water bottles up to 20 oz. are allowed to be carried in. Why should Rutgers be different.

I have always taken the position that being struck with a Twizzler is assault with a deadly weapon. To be fair to everyone we need to ban people from HPSS thus avoiding the problems highlighted in this thread.

Now that you've reminded me R "twizzler lady" in section 125 disappeared years ago-maybe you inherited her. Another fan chased away by R "crew"? (doubt it -"we've" mellowed out a tad and she sat many rows behind us).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT