ADVERTISEMENT

Why does the band keep truncating “The Bells Must Ring” before the R U Rah! Rah! cheer?

LOL...better to be civil and less emotional but THANK YOU for the tweet!!
Yes, I made the smart move there I think, for once! Make sure you shoot an email to the band Director! I know you’re a former member/an alumnus, so it’ll be good to hear from you guys as well!

Reactions: RUHouston

I recommend being civil and explaining what you miss and why it's important to the gameday experience.

I recommend being civil and explaining what you miss and why it's important to the gameday experience.
Well that makes sense...he went to Penn State.

Thanks for saving me time looking that stuff up....so as I rewatched our smackdown of Indiana this past weekend, I DID hear the band (loved seeing them in the stands in Bloomington!) do The Bells Must Ring PROPERLY with the cheer and all so I'm thinking this is not the band director at all. I'll concentrate on this PJ Mullen person.

Perhaps he doesn't realize the importance of the cheer? I know for a fact that when it's done during time-outs and the crowd gets into it, it HAS to make it hard on opposing teams, especially when they're in front of the student section!

AND, after watching these early games on BTN+ there's a TON of empty space during commercial breaks since they don't cut away from the feed...you hear the band for a smidge and then basically watch the dance squad kinda mill about...I'm sure those here who go to the games can attest to that?

Looks like the Bells issue got fixed tonight, as it was back to its regular way.

I think the song for countdown before the start of each half changed a few years ago when the band started playing a new version of Colonel Rutgers. In its place, the verse and chorus of Bells is played. I'm okay with that minor change.

A friend pointed out tonight that the band doesn't play anything but cheer songs. When I was in the band, we had at least 20 songs to choose from. Some longer ones were for pre-game or halftime and others fit well in the media timeouts dedicated for the band to play in. It's gotta be boring to play the same 5 or 6 songs over and over.

Coach Grentz always applauded when we played "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" at the women's games.

Glad it was fixed tonight!

Looks like the Bells issue got fixed tonight, as it was back to its regular way.

I think the song for countdown before the start of each half changed a few years ago when the band started playing a new version of Colonel Rutgers. In its place, the verse and chorus of Bells is played. I'm okay with that minor change.

A friend pointed out tonight that the band doesn't play anything but cheer songs. When I was in the band, we had at least 20 songs to choose from. Some longer ones were for pre-game or halftime and others fit well in the media timeouts dedicated for the band to play in. It's gotta be boring to play the same 5 or 6 songs over and over.
Where are Willie and the poor boys among others. Why is Gary Glitter light in the RAC. It doesn't sound like the RAC on TV.

Loyal

Just send a goshdarn email or walk over at half time.
I gosh darn went over at halftime of game 2. The director said she was the alumni band and they were filling in with the musical direction of the band director. I asked her to pass on my request.

I know how to take action.

Yes. It was fixed for NJIT last night. And the band added a new, cool cheer. Excellent! Great job band!!

But I will be listening closely and reporting, because if this reverts back to ruining our fight song, I will quickly pursue a remedy.

As someone just said, DONT F*** with THE BELLS!!

Yes. It was fixed for NJIT last night. And the band added a new, cool cheer. Excellent! Great job band!!

But I will be listening closely and reporting, because if this reverts back to ruining our fight song, I will quickly pursue a remedy.

As someone just said, DONT F*** with THE BELLS!!
If that new cheer is the one I heard both last night and at the Lehigh game (I skipped Merrimack for football), then I agree. I was thinking it would be great for the whole student section to learn it.

Where are Willie and the poor boys among others. Why is Gary Glitter light in the RAC. It doesn't sound like the RAC on TV.

Loyal
So no “Heyyyyyy, babyyyy”?

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT