ADVERTISEMENT

Will There Be a Blackout Game?

Relax

You will see it...

If there was one thing we did right is we've kicked butt in the designated black out game...

Make Iowa the blackout game

And then penn state in November wear them again

So many on here are in favor of going back to s more boring uniform style . Why? So we look like Nebraska ? We can change the current unis without being totally boring and irrelevant .

Think between the fact that the home reds were impossible to read #'s, there's a lot of traditionalists on the boards, and some on here equate those uni's with Flood..... Personally, I don't care what they wear as far as uni's....Just go out and kick ass every game!!

Although I am a traditionalist when it comes to the unis, (maybe even an "old fogey" according to one young p&%$# on the board) and I'm very happy that we're going back to red and white, I did enjoy the atmosphere for the blackout games. The students seemed to really get into it. I think we should keep it. (What I don't like is bringing out the black unis a second time... like for the Louisville loss in 2012... cheapens the blackout.)

Hopefully it is done. Copy cat gimmick game theme. Do something original. Black knights play for Army.

Not that your opinion is going to change what the team does, but why do you have to rain on the parade of all the people that find the black-out a fun thing to do? Don't be so selfish. Let others have some fun too.
Neither of our opinions matter as we saw last year. The people that professed that this was for the players and we found out that was wrong. Now you are pushing that we can only comment in support of the blackout. Why do you have to rain on those that think it's small time when your school becomes a lemming and follows a trend started by others schools. How about being original and creative?
And I'm amazed that so many think that Rutgers Scarlet is boring but black is exciting. Way to support your school.

Last edited:
It's all about money, and for a program that cries poverty, we need every penny we can get. If black jerseys, hats, and shirts sell, you keep the blackout game.

Neither of our opinions matter as we saw last year. The people that professed that this was for the players and we found out that was wrong. Now you are pushing that we can only comment in support of the blackout. Why do you have to rain on those that think it's small time when your school becomes a lemming and follows a trend started by others schools. How about being original and creative?
And I'm amazed that so many think that Rutgers Scarlet is boring but black is exciting. Way to support your school.
I don't know who "this was for" or why it's relevant. But all the players I've seen that have mentioned the blackouts in interviews have been very positive about them. So it seems at least they want the blackouts. As do lots of fans I've talked with.

And I'm not raining on the parade of those who like the older style uniforms. That's fine with me. I'd be fine if they did old style for some games, new style (minus the impossible to read gray numbers on scarlet jerseys) for some games, and black out for a game a season. Everybody gets some of what they like.

You are advocating only for what you personally like. I'm advocating for compromise that gives everybody something.

And while I don't seriously expect the school to do away with their school colors, I don't see how not liking the color red equates to not liking RU. Who choose their college based on the school's colors?

I don't know who "this was for" or why it's relevant. But all the players I've seen that have mentioned the blackouts in interviews have been very positive about them. So it seems at least they want the blackouts. As do lots of fans I've talked with.

And I'm not raining on the parade of those who like the older style uniforms. That's fine with me. I'd be fine if they did old style for some games, new style (minus the impossible to read gray numbers on scarlet jerseys) for some games, and black out for a game a season. Everybody gets some of what they like.

You are advocating only for what you personally like. I'm advocating for compromise that gives everybody something.

And while I don't seriously expect the school to do away with their school colors, I don't see how not liking the color red equates to not liking RU. Who choose their college based on the school's colors?
Two years ago we saw so many posters saying it was "for the players, the players pick the game". However, we found that to be a bunch of horse crap as the players were unanimous in selecting Penn State and they were told flat out it wasnt really up to them and it wouldn't be the PSU game.
And your last line makes zero sense. Where did I or anyone say that you should pick your school by color?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT