ADVERTISEMENT

Win Lose or Draw This Team Has Given Us an Incredible Season

I'm a baseball guy and thrilled with the success of baseball this year, but I have been following and rooting for the lacrosse team in recent years because they have been good and the sport and particularly this program in recent years has been exciting to watch. They have continued to get better and achieve new milestones and now it is awesome to see them break through and get to the final four which no Rutgers lacrosse team had ever done before. Additionally, the kids seem to be great kids and great representatives of the University. I hope Saturday is as good as last Saturday and we can get to the big one on Monday.

Reactions: Caliknight
@Caliknight have you spoken with anyone inside the program re: tomorrow's weather. Bottom line, unfortunately, can't play in t-storms.

Last edited:
No, I'm just hoping I can get there myself. Flights this afternoon and tonight look like potential issues.

Fingers crossed.

Revisiting this thread, I am just as happy and proud of these kids now as I would be if they won.

People outside of the program don't know how much they work and sacrifice to get to this level. We will keep building and some day WILL get to that apex, but today we celebrate the players and the staff who brought us this historic season. First final four ever! What a season!

To the graduating seniors, a huge tip of the cap. Coach Hayes always said whatever you do in life, leave it better than you found it. Those kids did that and then some. The bar has been raised and new expectations have been set. I couldn't be more proud to call them fellow R lax alums. It means something and those kids hold a special place in our family. And always will.

Rutgers forever.

Revisiting this thread, I am just as happy and proud of these kids now as I would be if they won.

People outside of the program don't know how much they work and sacrifice to get to this level. We will keep building and some day WILL get to that apex, but today we celebrate the players and the staff who brought us this historic season. First final four ever! What a season!

To the graduating seniors, a huge tip of the cap. Coach Hayes always said whatever you do in life, leave it better than you found it. Those kids did that and then some. The bar has been raised and new expectations have been set. I couldn't be more proud to call them fellow R lax alums. It means something and those kids hold a special place in our family. And always will.

Rutgers forever.
Your support of the program is admirable and your contributions to the lacrosse board were invaluable ( can ‘t say the same about your CE stuff). But I was a little disappointed to see your post BEFORE the game. It seemed like a concession speech and was too foreboding. I had a sense that even you were expecting the team to lose. Maybe I’ve been around Rutgers sports too long and disappointed too often. When I saw your post hit the screen, my initial reaction was , why say that now. Nonetheless your sentiments were spot on. Thanks for a great season.

Your support of the program is admirable and your contributions to the lacrosse board were invaluable ( can ‘t say the same about your CE stuff). But I was a little disappointed to see your post BEFORE the game. It seemed like a concession speech and was too foreboding. I had a sense that even you were expecting the team to lose. Maybe I’ve been around Rutgers sports too long and disappointed too often. When I saw your post hit the screen, my initial reaction was , why say that now. Nonetheless your sentiments were spot on. Thanks for a great season.
Not s concession at all. I entirely believed we would win this game. I had never bet on Rutgers games until this post season. It seemed too good to pass up though. I bet to win this game. I still contend Cornell doesnt match up well with us. On another day we win that game. Just wasn’t our time. But it was no concession. I’m just very proud of this team and program. This game wasn’t changing that either way.

This program got a taste of it. Hopefully will be back there very soon. The way Brian uses the portal, I wouldnt doubt it. And just curious as to your thoughts Caliknight, does Cornell have any chance of even still being in the game come the fourth quarter against Maryland?

This program got a taste of it. Hopefully will be back there very soon. The way Brian uses the portal, I wouldnt doubt it. And just curious as to your thoughts Caliknight, does Cornell have any chance of even still being in the game come the fourth quarter against Maryland?

I'm not Cali, but I'd say faceoffs will be an early indication. Maryland has a dominant FOGO and Cornell does not. But we've seen all season that matchups and being in a zone can make that meaningless for a single game. But Cornell doesn't have a prayer if they don't win 50% or more. Their attack ride and defensive sliding was very impressive on Saturday and that could keep them in the game if possessions are anywhere near equal.

Cornell won’t be able to sit inside the way they did against RU. Maryland ball movement and sharp shooters will bring them out. And MD will win the face off game as well. Last, I think Cornell played close to a perfect game against us, hard to do two games in a row. No shame in losing to this MD team.

Amazing job by all these men after losing the best trio of attackmen to ever play at Rutgers. Another step taken in the journey!

Last year RU had trouble with that UNC guy preventing clears.

This year it was the constant aggressive attack that made RU uncomfortable.

Two things:

1. I really liked that aggressive play from Cornell
2. Cornell showed their hand, so that strategy will not work

Final Four and top 4 ranking are great results, and hope RU gets another great group of transfers and continues the development of the younger guys.

Make RU the destination of all Ivy League graduates.

Rutgers forever.
well said cali........thank you team for giving us something to root for every weekend
you made the univ.and, the alum proud.

Reactions: Caliknight
Last year RU had trouble with that UNC guy preventing clears.

This year it was the constant aggressive attack that made RU uncomfortable.

Two things:

1. I really liked that aggressive play from Cornell
2. Cornell showed their hand, so that strategy will not work

Final Four and top 4 ranking are great results, and hope RU gets another great group of transfers and continues the development of the younger guys.

Make RU the destination of all Ivy League graduates.
Said this on the similar Round Table thread:

Let’s think about this for a second:

- the coach sold the players on a playing style everyone loves
- he got them paid, meaning scholarship money OOS vs. in state (@Caliknight can explain better)
- learned how to really use the portal, which helps overall with recruiting because those guys can help convince the HS guys, “Rutgers IS a legitimate option now”
- SHI for now, fun, loud, etc.
- Rodkin, it’s a big deal
- own field, clubhouse on the horizon. Our fan support at the Harvard game was very well received, and noticed. It gave a taste what it could be like down the road - the RAC without a roof.
The first three points above hopefully gets what you said in bold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT