ADVERTISEMENT

With this recruiting class....

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
I'm not really all that concerned about how sloppy the team has looked in the first two games. Even if this season isnt a good one, the future is so exciting, I can live with a bad year. Dont get me wrong, I hope this year's team gets it together and we go dancing. But if we dont, just start thinking about next season

There's really 2 ways to look at this. Dylan Grant (to me) still looks vastly underrated, he is athletic, tough and plays with a presence.

Bryce Dortch is probably a lengthy version of a player not yet seen at RU in a long time.

Lathan Sommerville is rugged and capable of scoring inside and outside.

These 3 kids are the true core of the recruiting class. Just like Gavin Griffiths, Davis, Simpson and Woolfolk in the last 2 classes out of HS.

It is possible that these 7 players will all be experienced, talented and faster, stronger, quicker in the 2025-26 season. The only wildcard is Jeremiah Williams, which as a transfer, I'll address separately.

You would have a Simpson and Woolfolk as seniors, Griffiths and Davis as juniors, Dortch, Grant and Sommerville as sophs. If Jeremiah Williams actually is forced to sit out this entire season and has 2 years left, he would be a 5th year senior in 2025-26. That could be 8 dynamite players.

If Antonio Chol keeps developing, you would have 9 players.....maybe Ogbole rounds into form as a quality 14 to 18 minutes a game, backup 5 man.......But if you add a Trey McKinney type talent in 2025, there's really no reason to look at 2024-25, as a 1 year window. The following season projects to be potentially as dangerous and experienced a roster as RU could place on the court in decades.

And if we add another Top 10-20 type class in 2025, RU then enters the phase of being ranked at the start of another season AFTER, Bailey and likely Harper blow the roof off the RAC in 2024-25.

The Cam and Paul transfers really derailed what was going to be a smooth transition to a more uptempo team. With such strong talent coming in, there's no way we were sticking with a plodding offense. Once those 2 left so late in the year, Pike really got stuck trying to get the best players he good, regardless of fit. I for one am not impressed by Noah, but I view him as filling a role for a year so whatever.

This season is what it is. We need to get the young kids as much play as possible when we can. Kids like Derek and Wolf will play very important complimentary roles next year if they stay. We need to keep them as happy as possible.

There's really 2 ways to look at this. Dylan Grant (to me) still looks vastly underrated, he is athletic, tough and plays with a presence.

Bryce Dortch is probably a lengthy version of a player not yet seen at RU in a long time.

Lathan Sommerville is rugged and capable of scoring inside and outside.

These 3 kids are the true core of the recruiting class. Just like Gavin Griffiths, Davis, Simpson and Woolfolk in the last 2 classes out of HS.

It is possible that these 7 players will all be experienced, talented and faster, stronger, quicker in the 2025-26 season. The only wildcard is Jeremiah Williams, which as a transfer, I'll address separately.

You would have a Simpson and Woolfolk as seniors, Griffiths and Davis as juniors, Dortch, Grant and Sommerville as sophs. If Jeremiah Williams actually is forced to sit out this entire season and has 2 years left, he would be a 5th year senior in 2025-26. That could be 8 dynamite players.

If Antonio Chol keeps developing, you would have 9 players.....maybe Ogbole rounds into form as a quality 14 to 18 minutes a game, backup 5 man.......But if you add a Trey McKinney type talent in 2025, there's really no reason to look at 2024-25, as a 1 year window. The following season projects to be potentially as dangerous and experienced a roster as RU could place on the court in decades.

And if we add another Top 10-20 type class in 2025, RU then enters the phase of being ranked at the start of another season AFTER, Bailey and likely Harper blow the roof off the RAC in 2024-25.
Hawk, curious to hear your take on J-Williams. I heard he will be a real nice player for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT