ADVERTISEMENT

Womens Golf at Blue Hen Invitational Sat - Sun

knightfan7

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2003
Manasquan, NJ
For the first time in a number of years, the team takes off down the Turnpike to play in Rehoboth Beach. Delaware. The field of 11 includes many local teams imcluding #134 Penn, #196 Columbia, #197 St Johns, and #239 Seton Hall. The only Top 100 teams entered are host #91 Delaware and #98 Rutgers so it's not one of the stronger fields the team has faced. All 10 other teams entered played in this event last year.

Rutgers In bringing the entire roster. The Team portion will include the regular 5 of Leigha Devine, Rikke Nordvik, Cathi Graf, and the Rossettin sisters, Lorena and Lucrezia. Krystal Li and Emily James will be entered as Individual participants.

This is a tourney RU should do well.

NOTE: While it isn't listed in the Schedule, I read the RU Womens Golf will host a tournament at Rutgers GC in April. I have no idea of the format or the size or makeup of the field.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
The team put themselves behind the 8 Ball with their performance in the 1st round by finishing 21 strokes out of 1st.

This is a tourney with a weak field. RU should have been competing for a high finish. I understand there are times where it's just not your day and I know the strong winds made it difficult but every team had to deal with it.

The team put themselves behind the 8 Ball with their performance in the 1st round by finishing 21 strokes out of 1st.

This is a tourney with a weak field. RU should have been competing for a high finish. I understand there are times where it's just not your day and I know the strong winds made it difficult but every team had to deal with it.
I’ve played Rehoboth country club a couple of times. That is not a difficult course. It’s pretty short and not much trouble. There is no reason that a d1 golfer should be posting anything above 3-5 over par on that thing no matter what the conditions. That’s a tournament they need to win or at least be second.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT