ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer

This is first game I've seen this year, RU almost looks out of shape, OT worries me

By out of shape, I mean compared to WVU, not physically

End of 1st OT. I thought we looked pretty good in OT. Good chances. But WV did have the best chance, over Casey's head and just off the bar.

Can RU hold on and force PKs ... dont see RU scoring or even getting another shot.

An objective view is that WVU is clearly the better side. Seem better conditioned, quicker and stronger on the ball. Yet we are hanging around and will have to try to endure another 10 minutes and see where the PK leaves us. Does a cold night favor the shooter or keeper in a PK situation?

- we might be in better overall shape. I expect to see a few subs again early in the 2nd period to have starters ready for the final 10-15 minutes of regulation and OT

We looked stronger the final 10 of the half. Could just be a substitution thing. I believe you’re only substitute in the entire half was when the one young lady got injured. I think we had four or five?

This is first game I've seen this year, RU almost looks out of shape, OT worries me

By out of shape, I mean compared to WVU, not physically

Ummm OK.

Does Casey take one again? I think so and she won't miss again. She scored in the tournament last year again UVA.

five shots in the first round? I would think you need to make at least 4 to have a shot.

Good try ladies ... thanks for a good year ... WVU was the better team, but you hung in there.

Congrats West Virginia now beat Penn State!

That being said why on gods green earth do you have a kid take a penalty shot, in NCAA game, when she has not taking one all season long? On top of that you have her take the fifth and deciding shot? That’s all on the coach right there in my humble opinion. Very bad decision.

Reactions: LC-88
We would have earned it if the PKs went our way.

I wish Casey could go out on a higher note but it was a good season for Casey and RU. We are looking good for years to come.

Congrats West Virginia now beat Penn State!

That being said why on gods green earth do you have a kid take a penalty shot, in NCAA game, when she has not taking one all season long? On top of that you have her take the fifth and deciding shot? That’s all on the coach right there in my humble opinion. Very bad decision.

You act like it was an awful penalty kick. It wasn’t struck bad by any means, and her not scoring had nothing to do with not having an attempt this year.

Casey had an attempt this year and missed. Was it bad to have her go?

Great tough game ladies. I absolutely HATE this kind of way they end it in college soccer. Why can't they cut the goal in half and really make it a challenge? All it comes down to is a guessing game. The goalie that guesses right wins. It's total BS.

I liked the way we had a plan to make it a defensive struggle, but I did NOT like the way we hardly had ANY scoring chances. Our defense is one of the best in the country, but our offense is wanting.

In any case, I'm really proud of our ladies and it's a shame we don't advance because of these BS PK's. The fact the we have a team that is made up of underclassmen bodes really well moving into next season and beyond.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Sucks for you guys. Your ladies executed their game plan perfectly. Going to PKs with your keeper I thought nearly guaranteed you the win. That's the problem with PKs though, there is so much luck involved. I hate to see any team lose on PKs. Take solace in the fact you all are so young. I can see you all being scary good next year. Thanks for the hospitality.

Best thing about this team is that the core will be a year older and stronger next year. I think the woman who was the goalie last year is redshirting this year right?

Reactions: AreYouNUTS

She made this one and the one in the tournament last year. The miss against PSU was the exception.

Yes, she started the comeback vs Virginia, which was two years ago, I believe.

My point is ... she hadn’t converted one in two years of NCAA play, and I still thought that was the right choice too.

Penalty kicks are a crazy thing. Takes a certain type of girl even to take them. I remember our best player refusing to take them for one team I coached. Just couldn’t take the pressure of the situation. And we sent our goalie in most years to take one.

Sucks for you guys. Your ladies executed their game plan perfectly. Going to PKs with your keeper I thought nearly guaranteed you the win. That's the problem with PKs though, there is so much luck involved. I hate to see any team lose on PKs. Take solace in the fact you all are so young. I can see you all being scary good next year. Thanks for the hospitality.

Stick around. It’s nice to have even more knowledgeable soccer fans around here. Best of luck. We will be right back next year!

You act like it was an awful penalty kick. It wasn’t struck bad by any means, and her not scoring had nothing to do with not having an attempt this year.

I'm not blaming the kid, I'm blaming coach, period. IMHO - OPINION - it's a bad call to have a kid take her FIRST COLLEGIATE PK, in the NCAA's, as the deciding kick no-less. That's brutal to put her in the situation both now AND for the future.

..we're still allowed to have opinions around here, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT