ADVERTISEMENT

WOW Barchi

He has been a great president. Planned all the medical mergers. He is a neurologist.A scientist actually. He played football at Georgetown as an undersized Center. He did not sign up for all these sports distractions. Scheduled to come back to teach after a year off. Hope that still happens.

I also don't think he fires Hobbs, because he won't want to be bothered finding a replacement.
make Marco the interim. Or Sarah who is the deputy AD. let the next president find a new AD.
I also believe he won't fire him: he'll leave him to be the next president's headache.

OK Mrs. Barchi.........

S7JcRW4.jpg

i don't believe what kyk is saying... i want to see the whole thread and get full context.. @Tango Two @DJ Spanky can one of you switch it here to the free board for ALL to see

i don't believe what kyk is saying... i want to see the whole thread and get full context.. @Tango Two @DJ Spanky can one of you switch it here to the free board for ALL to see
Lol, its hard to believe but there was 2 other witnesses with me.

we caught him as he was walking out of winants and I asked him if he could speak with us for a couple minutes, he agreed.

i started the convo by saying

me: this is a strict fiscal decision and if hes considered how much the subsidy will go up/ how much money we’ll lose if we dont hire schiano.

barchi: the subsidy wont go up next year were a full share member of the big ten

Me: what are your thoughts on the loss of season ticket holders, donations, parking, concessions, student applications?

Barch: I DONT CARE IF FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY. (YES HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS!!!). We are looking for the right fit for our football coach for the university and our athletes.

Me: so is greg schiano not the right fit?

Barchi: I guess hes not for us.

Me: so is it better to try to save a couple million instead of paying Greg Schiano his $4 mill. Which will make us even more money?

Barchi: where are you getting the $4 mill from? The cost is alot more than that for him

Barchi: Thank you for your support and passion for Rutgers.

@ruhoopscrazy added in his issues with RFund which barchi tried to address and had a woman take down his contact info and issues.

Bottom line, it’s over we’re ****ed

edit: Oh wait, he also said,

barchi: well look all our other sports, theyre doing well.

me: football drives the bus and is the revenhe generator.

Barchi: puts hands up as if to say “oh well”/too bad

Looks like we have a Wiki-Warrior among us... check what's been added to Barchi's wiki entry...

Barchi's appointment came as Rutgers was preparing to absorb most of the schools, programs and facilities of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey following the approval of a merger proposal by the New Jersey Legislature and the Governor of New Jersey during the summer of 2012.[5] In 2019, Pat "Weasel" Hobbs killed Rutgers football under his watch.
Interestingly, it doesn't look like Pat Hobbs wiki page has been trolled... yet.

And what did he say before and after that statement?
He said something along the lines of he doesnt care if football makes money, he cares about all sports and that theyre doing well.

It is over. Pat could try to save face, his own face. I mean why work in a job where 99% of your customers hate you?

Edit: Must get to the BOG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve91562
He's not a clown, he's a snake. Threw Penetti under the bus and will do the same to Hobbs if he needs to.

He's the problem IMO, not Hobbs.
Well.. I think the problem may be even more insidious. But that would cross us over into the CE board type stuff. I am thinking of that interjection by that victims support group.. it had no business getting itself involved here. I wonder if this is really an attack of a "toxic masculinity" variety. They don't want success for football. Too masculine. Might attract too many conservative types... give them too much power.. if football were successful.

I say this now based on Barchi's strange remark. It is, of course, a wild-assed guess... to explain the unexplainable.

"They" have attacked and destroyed fraternities here already. "They" did not care that some of the strongest donors and supporters were fraternity people then.. I think "they" resented that. "Better off without them" kinda feeling to it.

Get rid of all those traditional, more masculine influences, and the power goes to whoever is left.

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
He has been a great president. Planned all the medical mergers. He is a neurologist.A scientist actually. He played football at Georgetown as an undersized Center. He did not sign up for all these sports distractions. Scheduled to come back to teach after a year off. Hope that still happens.

Sorry but he signed up for it the day he agreed to enter the BIG10.

He doesn’t need to be an expert on Athletics or spend a ton of time and energy but he at least needs to be aware of its significance to a BIG10 university and competent enough to make competent, strategic and financial savvy decisions.

All of which he’s failed to do.

Well.. I think the problem may be even more insidious. But that would cross us over into the CE board type stuff. I am thinking of that interjection by that victims support group.. it had no business getting itself involved here. I wonder if this is really an attack of a "toxic masculinity" variety. They don't want success for football. Too masculine. Might attract too many conservative types... give them too much power.. if football were successful.

I say this now based on Barchi's strange remark. It is, of course, a wild-assed guess... to explain the unexplainable.

"They" have attacked and destroyed fraternities here already. "They" did not care that some of the strongest donors and supporters were fraternity people then.. I think "they" resented that. "Better off without them" kinda feeling to it.

Get rid of all those traditional, more masculine influences, and the power goes to whoever is left.

Not sure what Barchi's deal is. He played football in college so you would think he would like sports. His action's tell me he doesn't care at all. It's just a nuisance to him.

we caught him as he was walking out of winants and I asked him if he could speak with us for a couple minutes, he agreed.

me: this is a strict fiscal decision and if hes considered how much the subsidy will go up/ how much money we’ll lose if we dont hire schiano.

barchi: the subsidy wont go up next year were a full share member of the big ten

Me: what are your thoughts on the loss of season ticket holders, donations, parking, concessions, student applications?

Barch: I DONT CARE IF FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY. (YES HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS!!!). We are looking for the right fit for our football coach for the university and our athletes.

Me: so is it better to try to save a couple million instead of paying Greg Schiano his $4 mill. Which will make us even more money?

Barchi: where are you getting the $4 mill from? The cost is alot more than that for him

@ruhoopscrazy added in his issues with RFund which barchi tried to address and had a woman take down his contact info and issues.

I don't know KYK personally but I do know one of the other guys who went with him. The story is true.

@kyk1827 @MrsScrew i feel that both of you are telling the truth.. but why the fk would barchi say that kinda shit knowing full well what's going on in the ADepartment?... maybe he's gone senile? which is why he's gone in.. what it is.. June?

as an ex football player you would think he would have more love for the team

If I was him I would have said I have a question for you now. “What’s your donation level?”

@kyk1827 @MrsScrew i feel that both of you are telling the truth.. but why the fk would barchi say that kinda shit knowing full well what's going on in the ADepartment?... maybe he's gone senile? which is why he's gone in.. what it is.. June?

Maybe he just doesn't give a sh-it. He dines with the professors who hate athletics not the alumni who'd like to watch a non-embarrassing football team.

I am, my Hawkeye hat will be here tomorrow. I've already been invited to Lady Hawk Football Camp and I've scoped out the bar in NYC to watch them in the bowl game.
however, see my signature below...when Rutgers gets its shit together I'll be back (yellow is definitely not my color)
So you didn’t really leave and aren’t an Iowa fan. You are in a holding pattern. Thanks for your honesty.

Not one poster here who has made a declaration to leave is actually doing so. Not one.

Looks like we have a Wiki-Warrior among us... check what's been added to Barchi's wiki entry...

Barchi's appointment came as Rutgers was preparing to absorb most of the schools, programs and facilities of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey following the approval of a merger proposal by the New Jersey Legislature and the Governor of New Jersey during the summer of 2012.[5] In 2019, Pat "Weasel" Hobbs killed Rutgers football under his watch.
Interestingly, it doesn't look like Pat Hobbs wiki page has been trolled... yet.
That is just too funny!

i feel that both of you are telling the truth.. but why the fk would barchi say that kinda shit knowing full well what's going on in the ADepartment?... maybe he's gone senile? which is why he's gone in.. what it is.. June?
My vote would be: "He doesn't give a rat's arse."

Reactions: RUReadyD
"Barch: I DONT CARE IF FOOTBALL MAKES MONEY. (YES HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS!!!). We are looking for the right fit for our football coach for the university and our athletes."

Sounds like he is saying that getting the right coach for the program and players is worth more than making money. But Schiano isn't the right coach.
It is possible that the scandal is part of Schiano not being the right coach but they are not saying that out loud.

Reactions: ru66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT