ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Flo (& his wife in the Florida Wrestling Room Facebook group), the NERTC @ Brown U has hired Steve Mocco as its HC... but he's not moving up there & will stay in FL (odd setup & no idea how this works). Any word on NJRTC? We need to get moving ASAP.

While I realize that Penn State is on top of the wrestling world right now, and I respect the hell out of the way that Cael has built up that program, how in the hell are they able to find all these top kids willing to go there and likely pay their own way? I know they don't have great depth or anything, but at some positions, they could have multiple AAs as well. I guess playing for a winner does that.

(No, I'm not claiming any funny business.)

Reactions: rubigtimenow
At some point, I would guess that football and basketball rules will eventually trickle down to the other sports with the sit-out year.

Rumors of McKenna to Lehigh (Buxton connection) or tOSU. Apparently, he's had his release for a while now.

If McKenna can make 149, we would legitimately be a Top 5 team next year. It might be Goodale's most impressive recruiting win yet if he can convince McKenna to transfer to RU.
Would love to be able to have a chance to get McKenna but ,according to flo, didnt he narrow it to 4 schools?

While I realize that Penn State is on top of the wrestling world right now, and I respect the hell out of the way that Cael has built up that program, how in the hell are they able to find all these top kids willing to go there and likely pay their own way? I know they don't have great depth or anything, but at some positions, they could have multiple AAs as well. I guess playing for a winner does that.

(No, I'm not claiming any funny business.)

If your goal is to become a national champion there is no better school to go to. One of the most important part of developing as a wrestler is to have training partner capable of pushing you. Between the team and the RTC there is not a more competitive wrestling room in the country. Kids know that and are willing to pay more to be a part of that. It not like football where it walk on or take a full ride. Often it the difference in paying $10,000 or $15,000.

Pyles is agreeing with you. But, McKenna at 141 for PSU next year would just be brutal.
125- Suriano, 133- Cortez, 141- McKenna, 149- Zain, 157- Nolf, 165- Joseph, 174- Hall, 184- Nickal, 197- McCutcheon, 285- Nevills

I left practice today and we will have a nice group at the Univerdity Games. One late addition just decided a few days ago is Anthony Ashnault at 143. Boys weigh in tomorrow. We will have 10-12 there.

I left practice today and we will have a nice group at the Univerdity Games. One late addition just decided a few days ago is Anthony Ashnault at 143. Boys weigh in tomorrow. We will have 10-12 there.
Great to here AA is making the trip. Here is who I show registered (adding AA).

57 kg - Alex Mackall
61 kg - Kyle DiNapoli
65 kg - Anthony Ashnault
70 kg - Mike Van Brill
74 kg - Brett Donner
74 kg - John Van Brill
80 kg - Joe Grello
86 kg - Jordan Pagano
86 kg - Kevin Mulligan
86 kg - Nicholas Gravina
97 kg - Matt Correnti
125 kg - Ralph Normandia

Reactions: bigmatt718
That is correct on who is going. Heil is supposed to be there also so that would be nice if AA meets him again. Buxton does not let his kids go anywhere so that is always an issue. So Glory does not come into our romm like Raimo who does. Therefore, I would think our chances are better with Raimo. He is a very nice kid and has been training with us for the Cadet Worlds. Hope he wins.

I think Raimo is a notch above Glory. Looked like Glory stayed down a weight class to avoid him last year.
Raimo beat Angelo in wrestle offs at HP causing Angelo to transfer. Angelo beat Glory in states.
Any intrest in Lou Raimo, kid dropped off a little but was always tough. Might help to get Nick here.

I think Raimo is a notch above Glory. Looked like Glory stayed down a weight class to avoid him last year.
Raimo beat Angelo in wrestle offs at HP causing Angelo to transfer. Angelo beat Glory in states.
Any intrest in Lou Raimo, kid dropped off a little but was always tough. Might help to get Nick here.
you're wrong on most of this...Glory #1 kid in the country @120,seems to have worked out, doubtful he avoided anyone (but you probably know that) If we're going collegiate(folkstyle) ill take Glory

Definitly worked out but wouldnt have if NR is in same bracket. Glory cut alot to go 120
BTW- Whats incorrect- Angelo beat Glory or Raimo beats Angelo??

Great to here AA is making the trip. Here is who I show registered (adding AA).

57 kg - Alex Mackall
61 kg - Kyle DiNapoli
65 kg - Anthony Ashnault
70 kg - Mike Van Brill
74 kg - Brett Donner
74 kg - John Van Brill
80 kg - Joe Grello
86 kg - Jordan Pagano
86 kg - Kevin Mulligan
86 kg - Nicholas Gravina
97 kg - Matt Correnti
125 kg - Ralph Normandia
133 is going to be very deep this year with DiNapoli and Firestone I'm assuming will both RS. DelVecchio has the starting spot locked up as a senior so get those 2 ready to go for 2018-19. Donner moved down to 157? Was he being outmuscled at 165 by Grello?

How is Deluca looking in practice at 149? I think MVB will put pressure in a good way on Deluca but I can't see him not starting as a senior.

I would also take Glory in a Folkstyle match, Raimo in a Freestyle match. However do not think it matters as I have heard Glory has it narrowed down to two schools and RU is not one of them. Raimo is a potential "get" for RU.

Raimo did not beat Angelo in wrestle offs, Angelo transferred right after his Freshman year, so Raimo was not at HP yet.

Angelo and Glory went 2-2 against each other as Frosh, at 106, hardly a preview of who will be better in college.

While it would possibly help get Nick if Lou came to RU? I doubt it, Lou is not a D-1
wrestler so I doubt Nick is going to factor that into his decision.

Reactions: belushijo
133 is going to be very deep this year with DiNapoli and Firestone I'm assuming will both RS. DelVecchio has the starting spot locked up as a senior so get those 2 ready to go for 2018-19. Donner moved down to 157? Was he being outmuscled at 165 by Grello?
Donner 74kg = 163 don't think he will cut to 157.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I would also take Glory in a Folkstyle match, Raimo in a Freestyle match. However do not think it matters as I have heard Glory has it narrowed down to two schools and RU is not one of them. Raimo is a potential "get" for RU.

Raimo did not beat Angelo in wrestle offs, Angelo transferred right after his Freshman year, so Raimo was not at HP yet.

Angelo and Glory went 2-2 against each other as Frosh, at 106, hardly a preview of who will be better in college.

While it would possibly help get Nick if Lou came to RU? I doubt it, Lou is not a D-1
wrestler so I doubt Nick is going to factor that into his decision.
I believe that PG & GA wrestled 6 times frosh year 4-2 in favor of PG, GA won the 3rd place match @Beast and the State final, PG won Mo Co tourny,District final,Region final and 2nd or 3rd rd @Beast.

DiNapoli is a depth guy IMO. Could be wrong, but don't really see him being a significant contributor.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT