ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things ill drop in here

1) suriano is really trying to transfer to RU

2) Raimo was wowed by a one week visit to asu but RU is the team to beat
2) How are we the team to beat if he verballed to ASU & they have the freestyle RTC & coaches he wanted?

Reactions: Clearscreen25
I believe the Suriano rumor, I just suspect its contingent on him getting a waiver. Why would he give up a year.

I also believe we still have a good shot at Raimo. We may not be in the drivers seat, but with the amount of time he has spent at RU, once the allure of the ASU visit wears off, it is a long way from home and a long way til signing day. (Albeit a long way from home with tons of super hot girls everywhere) but a long way from home. His relationships are here.

Last edited:
Reactions: demauroj
This thread is a lot of fun. I hope the rumors do come true, but even if they don't, it's fun to discuss on otherwise slow (wrestling-wise) summer days.

Reactions: KidDagger
Are we recruiting Mickey O'Malley from Hasbrouck Heights, NJ? Kid has had some tough luck in States losing to Mekhi Lewis as a Soph and Shane Griffith as a junior, both in OT. He was ranked #18 by Intermat at 152 at the end of last season.

Kid just won Cadet Pan Am Freestyle Championships and was named MOW.

Last edited:
I think Robinson beat Angelo once or twice. Flo's pre Fargo rankings show kids we are recruiting ranked are:
Brenner 11 @ 145
Robinson 3 @ 138
Janzer 4 @ 170
Lightner 7 @ 220 all committed
others:
Glory 1 @ 120
Cannon 19 @ 126
Sasso 1 @ 145
Conigliaro 6 @160
Merola 5 @160
Raimo 6 @ 126

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Robinson beat Angelo once or twice. Flo's pre Fargo rankings show kids we are recruiting ranked are:
Brenner 11 @ 145
Robinson 3 @ 138
Janzer 4 @ 170
others:
Glory 1 @ 120
Cannon 19 @ 126
Sasso 1 @ 145
Conigliaro 6 @160louis Merola 5 @160louis Raimo 6 @ 126

This post is very important as there are many saying our recruiting has fallen off where I don't think that is the case at all.

This post is very important as there are many saying our recruiting has fallen off where I don't think that is the case at all.
agreed. I don't get it. Not for nothing also, but Robinson is a blue chip recruit and the sky is the limit for the other recruits.

Brenner 11 @ 145
Robinson 3 @ 138
Janzer 4 @ 170
others:
Glory 1 @ 120
Cannon 19 @ 126
Sasso 1 @ 145
Conigliaro 6 @160louis Merola 5 @160louis Raimo 6 @ 126
Lightner at 220? Is he projecting at Heavyweight in college or will he be looking to go 197?

Agreed, the below has me excited.

Brenner 11 @ 145
Robinson 3 @ 138
Janzer 4 @ 170

Of course, i always want more. Just 1 Sh**Liner is all i ask :)

Reactions: demauroj
Brenner 11 @ 145
Robinson 3 @ 138
Janzer 4 @ 170
others:
Glory 1 @ 120
Cannon 19 @ 126
Sasso 1 @ 145
Conigliaro 6 @160
Merola 5 @160
Raimo 6 @ 126

Is Chris Cannon the son ( or relation i.e nephew) of 1980 state champ at 148 Mark Cannon?

Patience boys on the Sh**Liner. Lightner will be 197. Espo is 250 and D'Amore is 275-80. Great pickups. Fargo kids in practice today.
Bill, I am not a rumor guy at all and I am very skeptical about a transfer of this magnitude. That being said, the most-recent posters on BWI seem to think that the transfer will happen.

Bill, I am not a rumor guy at all and I am very skeptical about a transfer of this magnitude. That being said, the most-recent posters on BWI seem to think that the transfer will happen.
giphy.gif

As Bobby said on the RT, NS has been on campus and needs a release from Cael to be eligible next year. Hopefully that happens. We need your help from those on this wrestling site. Iowa has 11 RTC coaches, Cornell 10, PSU 9, Ohio State 7, Lehigh 6 and Michigan 6. We would like 4 and have Montel Marion and Taylor Walsh committed so far. The problem is we need money to fund them with housing as the market is getting more and more competitive. For us to be a top 10 program we need it or else we will probably be a top 20-25 program. You can help by sponsoring the golf outing ($1,000) or a hole sponsor ($250) or by playing in the event. That is our main fun raiser. We lost Graff over money. Scott has said to me have anyone on the board email him for ways to help and he would be glad to share what he needs.

As Bobby said on the RT, NS has been on campus and needs a release from Cael to be eligible next year. Hopefully that happens. We need your help from those on this wrestling site. Iowa has 11 RTC coaches, Cornell 10, PSU 9, Ohio State 7, Lehigh 6 and Michigan 6. We would like 4 and have Montel Marion and Taylor Walsh committed so far. The problem is we need money to fund them with housing as the market is getting more and more competitive. For us to be a top 10 program we need it or else we will probably be a top 20-25 program. You can help by sponsoring the golf outing ($1,000) or a hole sponsor ($250) or by playing in the event. That is our main fun raiser. We lost Graff over money. Scott has said to me have anyone on the board email him for ways to help and he would be glad to share what he needs.

What would a release from PSU accomplish? Maybe I misunderstand the rules, but I think Nick needs a waiver from the Big Ten to get around the rule that will cause him to lose a competition year. Otherwise if he came to RU he would only have 3 years to wrestle 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT