ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG just does not want coaches trying to poach other BIG players. Been a rule for many years. Make your decision carefully.

No NCAA program is permitted to try and poach or recruit D1 student athletes from another NCAA program. That isn't just a B1G rule. It is an NCAA rule.

If a D1 student athlete decides to transfer from his or her school they shouldn't lose more eligibility for deciding on one D1 school destination versus another.

It isn't fair to the student athlete.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere in the 30 page thread. Can someone please explain why Suriono is thinking / wanting to transfer to RU from the best program in the country? Did they recruit over him, hard to believe, homesick? Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere in the 30 page thread. Can someone please explain why Suriono is thinking / wanting to transfer to RU from the best program in the country? Did they recruit over him, hard to believe, homesick? Thanks in advance.

Maybe he just likes our wrestling room better. Old Barn and all. Plus he knows Grello, Mulligan and plenty of other guys very , very well.

Can you imagine the spotlight he would get here in NJ being RU's first national champ? That is if Ashnault , Lewis , Gravina, etc , doesn't get it first ! You never know what weight class they start the finals at .

BIG just does not want coaches trying to poach other BIG players. Been a rule for many years. Make your decision carefully.
THIS^^^^
I was involved in a youth sports league for several years. It always amazed me to listen to a coach one year argue for a rule to be implemented that would benefit him, then turn around the next year and argue against the rule, because it would benefit another team.

And, to whomever said, "This puts the B1G at a disadvantage..." Yeah, the B1G has been on a downward slide in wrestling for years because of this rule. [eyeroll]

THIS^^^^
I was involved in a youth sports league for several years. It always amazed me to listen to a coach one year argue for a rule to be implemented that would benefit him, then turn around the next year and argue against the rule, because it would benefit another team.

And, to whomever said, "This puts the B1G at a disadvantage..." Yeah, the B1G has been on a downward slide in wrestling for years because of this rule. [eyeroll]

For the record, I have been trying to get the B1G to align their transfer restrictions with just NCAA transfer restrictions across all sports for several years.

No NCAA program is permitted to try and poach or recruit D1 student athletes from another NCAA program. That isn't just a B1G rule. It is an NCAA rule.

If a D1 student athlete decides to transfer from his or her school they shouldn't lose more eligibility for deciding on one D1 school destination versus another.

It isn't fair to the student athlete.

And the additional transfer restrictions for internal B1G transfers gives D1 athletic programs outside of the B1G an advantage over 13 B1G athletic programs every time a B1G student athlete decides to transfer from their current school.

This is an issue for all B1G sports that are played by both men and women. It is not just a wrestling issue.

Last edited:
Finally found this thread
From 30 pages I got on Nick Suriano
It's not a done deal
Could still fall apart
Lots of hoops to jump through
Still just a rumor, all he's been doing is working out here.

When have these things ever worked in our favor. I'm tempering my expectations on this one happening. The insiders(you know who they are) haven't painted an optimistic light on this one.
Got excited over nothing.

It's not a done deal
Could still fall apart

When have these things ever worked in our favor. I'm tempering my expectations on this one happening. The insiders(you know who they are) haven't painted an optimistic light on this one.
Agree about tempering expectations as I did not buy the rumor at first. However, momentum seems to be building and reports are coming out more recently that seem to be indicating that this may actually happen. Still not a done deal but fingers are crossed.

Reactions: koleszar
It's not a done deal
Could still fall apart

I don't know what u were expecting to find over here that wasn't explained in the fat cat... there's still issues that have to be resolved...But this isn't some rumor gossip..There is a real, real strong possibility of this happening....But like all things regarding transfers... we have to wait for it to become official... it's not like Penn state doesn't want him to stay...they are still trying to sway him back

I don't know what u were expecting to find over here that wasn't explained in the fat cat... there's still issues that have to be resolved...But this isn't some rumor gossip..There is a real, real strong possibility of this happening....But like all things regarding transfers... we have to wait for it to become official... it's not like Penn state doesn't want him to stay...they are still trying to sway him back

The problem is its almost definitely contingent on him getting a waiver of the B1G transfer rule, and nobody knows what case they made for that, or the timeline for a decision. Its pretty obvious whats going on here.

Reactions: Leonard23
The mods really don't cover wrestling. Bobby just started this year. Our mods aren't as tuned in to wrestling as a lot of the folks on this board. The guys on here have great insight into the sport rather than a bunch of basketball and football guys. I come here 1st for the news on wrestling not the football board, where we' re lucky if they have a couple articles a year.

I couldn't find this thread, it wasn't coming up for some reason, maybe it was buried. The fat cat is great for football and basketball stuff, NOT WRESTLING they know jack about it. That's why I came here, plenty of times I've found information on here that wasn't covered on the football board. That's why I was expecting to maybe come across some more information on the subject. Actually a very informative article was posted from a psu site on here.

The mods may not know too much about wrestling, but they almost never name drop. They do not like to touch this type of stuff unless there is some legitamacy behind the story. They almost never give names of athletes because things can fall apart fast. I'm leaning toward the positive side since they actually mentioned Nick by his name

Anyone else find the fact the wrestling news is lumped into one thread annoying? Stuff just buried in here vs. is to find topical and seperate thread on every other forum
Nope. Almost 80,000 views. Let's crack 100,000 then celebrate by starting a new one. $$$$

Reactions: Leonard23
I don't see McKenna coming to RU. If NS jumps to us then PSU is in play. If not then I'd guess tOSU or Lehigh. Then again things are crazy right now so who the heck knows

McKenna going to OSU.

I love this thread. Its great if you check it regularly. And if you don't, well, you can just read one thread and catch up on the whole summer. All the news is still here instead of being long gone off the front page.

I thought McKenna to OSU was a done deal.

PSU/OSU/Michigan
Will they be the top 3 in the NCAA's this year?
The National Title will be up for grabs.

PS: Is Mason Manville still wrestling for PSU and if so, will he start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT