ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that really sucks, was hoping he was a RU lock.

I guess the same thing that happened to us.

I think he was always going the IVY / private route. Surprised to see UNC though and no RU.

Justifiable or not, ouch. To be the home state school and not in the Top 6 is embarassing. UNC sticks out like a sore thumb on that list.
Not surprised, as he's never mentioned us as a possibility to anyone. How many Delbarton kids consider Rutgers for anything? Stanford's absence is surprising.
I wish i could dislike a post that has Pat Glory not having RU in his top 6.
Would be real nice to get a combined RTC with Princeton.

I thought Virginia was the school that stood out to me. Seems like North Carolina is really picking up the recruiting.
Why does UVA standout as they've been recruiting well for years & he just visited?

Not surprised, as he's never mentioned us as a possibility to anyone. How many Delbarton kids consider Rutgers for anything? Stanford's absence is surprising.

Why does UVA standout as they've been recruiting well for years & he just visited?
Delbarton's Trevor Melde #17 recruit of his class

Delbarton's Trevor Melde #17 recruit of his class
Ok, so 1 recruit over a decade & that might be for all sports at Rutgers. Like I said, they rarely consider Rutgers for anything (sports or academics) & Delbarton doesn't encourage kids to go here like they do to other places.

Ok, so 1 recruit over a decade & that might be for all sports at Rutgers. Like I said, they rarely consider Rutgers for anything (sports or academics) & Delbarton doesn't encourage kids to go here like they do to other places.
Ok, so we might not have the Delbarton connection but we do have a BC connection and I got my eyes on BC's Robert Howard :eyes:

Ok, so we might not have the Delbarton connection but we do have a BC connection and I got my eyes on BC's Robert Howard :eyes:
So does Flo Wrestling. They just moved Howard into #1 ahead of Glory in latest 120 lb.rankings. $$$$

Next seasons lineup could have 70 % starters among Bergen Catholic (Suriano, Grello, Mulligan, Pagano) and South Plainfield (Del Vech & Asbnautl) HSs.

I believe that if a student athlete wants to get out of his or her current situation, they deserve all of the options available to them throughout the country.

What difference does it make if Tom Ryan at Ohio State accepts a Penn State wrestler in a transfer or Rob Koll at Cornell offering an Ivy League education accepts a Penn State wrestler in a transfer ?

All the internal B1G transfer restrictions accomplish is to place B1G athletics at a disadvantage once a student athlete decides to transfer and limit the options that a B1G student athlete has when doing so.

Recruiting student athletes from other schools is prohibited everywhere until initial contact is established by a representative of a student athlete or the student athlete themselves.
Until the student-athlete obtains permission from his current school to talk to other schools, the other school(s) is not allowed to talk to the athlete until the first day of classes and the student-athlete is enrolled. It makes no difference who initiates anything.

No NCAA program is permitted to try and poach or recruit D1 student athletes from another NCAA program. That isn't just a B1G rule. It is an NCAA rule.

If a D1 student athlete decides to transfer from his or her school they shouldn't lose more eligibility for deciding on one D1 school destination versus another.

It isn't fair to the student athlete.
Not fair would be changing the rule midstream. If rules are enforced equally with consistency, generally speaking that is fair.

The Nittany Lion Wrestling Club go a $5 million dollar donation in 2014 I think. So they can live off that donation for $500 k a year probably and fund whatever wrestlers they want. The next biggest asset base was Iowa's Hawkeye Wrestling Club at about $600 k. Big difference. We did not make the top 20. See how far we need to go?

Here's a link to the article WNG is is referencing with lots of info on wrestling club financials. the NLWC's 2015 return is there.

Here's the 2015 tax return for the SKWC. it's the only one I could find.

for comparison's sake, in 2015 the NLWC reported revenue of 372,072 and expenses of 630,283, with what looks like 313,512 going to coaches.

In 2015, the SKWC raised 117,556 and spent 90,919, with 64,301 going to coaches. In both instances I'm assuming the coaches are the post collegiate resident athletes.

SKWC had 52,351 in net assets at the end of their fiscal 2015. NLWC had 5,740,114.

Haven't been able to find every tax return yet (and some clubs may not be non-profits and might not have publicly available returns) but I'd guess SKWC is the top 20 in funds raised but pretty far off from the top 5.

Here's a link to the article WNG is is referencing with lots of info on wrestling club financials. the NLWC's 2015 return is there.

Here's the 2015 tax return for the SKWC. it's the only one I could find.

for comparison's sake, in 2015 the NLWC reported revenue of 372,072 and expenses of 630,283, with what looks like 313,512 going to coaches.

In 2015, the SKWC raised 117,556 and spent 90,919, with 64,301 going to coaches. In both instances I'm assuming the coaches are the post collegiate resident athletes.

SKWC had 52,351 in net assets at the end of their fiscal 2015. NLWC had 5,740,114.

Haven't been able to find every tax return yet (and some clubs may not be non-profits and might not have publicly available returns) but I'd guess SKWC is the top 20 in funds raised but pretty far off from the top 5.
Little over due but congratulations on the Flo job. Keep up the great work Andrew.

Reactions: Jaroslav Hasek
Michael O'Malley following his brother to Drexel. 3 top 100 recruits for Drexel last 2 weeks (2 from NJ).

I am not posting this first hand as it was posted on Anthony's own social media - any update on Ashnault's shoulder? Looks like he went under the knife. Will this require a RS?

Well, medical waiver and 6th year would be possible in that case, ecause he would have zero particpation this year. That said, I would assume heading in to his senior year, if Ash wasn't going to be a full go he wouldn't have done the surgery.

Well, medical waiver and 6th year would be possible in that case, ecause he would have zero particpation this year. That said, I would assume heading in to his senior year, if Ash wasn't going to be a full go he wouldn't have done the surgery.
This is not technically true because the 6th year medical hardship waiver requires two seasons to be missed or truncated because of documented injury. I'm not aware that his RS season was because of a medical reason, although that could be the case.

That said, you are probably correct in assuming he will be competing this year.

This is not technically true because the 6th year medical hardship waiver requires two seasons to be missed or truncated because of documented injury. I'm not aware that his RS season was because of a medical reason, although that could be the case.

That said, you are probably correct in assuming he will be competing this year.
He was injured during his redshirt year but came back to wrestle in the NCO so not sure if he would qualify for the 6th year if he applied. He wrestled in 2 tournaments in November of that year and then missed until the NCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT