ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slushhead, you must mean the same for Worthy and of course, all our new friends here with their "opinions"....since you're calling people out.

Bill provides up to date info as the process unfolds. I enjoy & appreciate being enlightened, albeit it's like being on a roller coaster at times. I am also intelligent enough to understand it can change at any moment until an official announcement is made. If you don't appreciate it, you have options not to subject yourself to it.

Go RU!
Diane

I also have options to express my thoughts about opinions/predictions that are, for some reason, presented as definitve staements of fact . . . that is, until "after thinking about it" and presenting a new opinion/prediction.

You sure do, Slushy! That's what makes RU Boards awesome and why people come here and not get banned so easily. I'm just making sure whoever reads it though, understands the full picture....you can understand that. For example, you called out ONE RU poster but not your kind.

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: koleszar
You sure do, Slushy! That's what makes RU Boards awesome and why people come here and not get banned so easily. I'm just making sure whoever reads it though, understands the full picture....you can understand that. For example, you called out ONE RU poster but not your kind.

Go RU!
Diane

I hold program insiders to a higher standard of message board decorum than the likes of "my kind". My choice, my consequence.

Reactions: nitlion6
Oh, ok. So, RU posters on an RU Board with RU insight are held to a different, higher standard then say someone who claims they are an insider for another program, who comes on OUR board, and state "facts"...they get a "pass" from you. Gotcha.

Have a nice day, it's beautiful here in New Jersey.

Go RU!
Diane

Oh, ok. So, RU posters on an RU Board with RU insight are held to a different, higher standard then say someone who claims they are an insider for another program, who comes on OUR board, and state "facts"...they get a "pass" from you. Gotcha.

Go RU!
Diane

Other than Worthy -- for whom we have no background info to go by -- who else from another board was posting info here about Suriano and claiming to be (or alleged by others to be) an insider? And changing his story multiple times?

[By the way, Worthy has already been called out/challenged on BWI by a poster or two from the home crowd. You can bet there will be additional comments if he ultimately turns out to be wrong. Or right.]

Diane
That is Ok, let them have their fun. For all of those Nick Suriano sightings at PSU nonsense, he has not set foot on that campus since May 3. End of story.

That's too funny! One of their "close to the coach" posters said he was at PSU recently! Lol

Go RU!
Diane

It's a cult over there....remember Paterno didn't know anything and neither did Sandusky ( and he was involved.......apparently sleeping walking in the middle of the day right in and out of the showers).....lol

I have no idea what Nick Suriano is going to do about transferring or any timelines if he decides to transfer. Speculation is getting rampant and we should all calm down and let whatever he decides to do play out. All I can tell you is that he is training at our RTC.

Ok, Slushy. First, you inadvertently or selectively left out this post in your message when calling out Bill. Secondly, if you take your PSU goggles off, go through the entire thread yourself, read it objectively & you can answer your own question. You're "not my circus, not my monkeys" to educate. My non response to your future posts just simply means I'm choosing to walk away and shake my head. So, carry on.

Enjoy the day.

Go RU!
Diane

Ok, Slushy. First, you inadvertently or selectively left out this post in your message when calling out Bill. Secondly, if you take your PSU goggles off, go through the entire thread yourself, read it objectively & you can answer your own question. You're "not my circus, not my monkeys" to educate. My non response to your future posts just simply means I'm choosing to walk away and shake my head. So, carry on.

Enjoy the day.

Go RU!
Diane

Rondi, yes, I missed that one. Probably because it was posted July 12th, weeks before the others I referenced. Too bad he didn't heed his own advice, because his subsequent posts ultimately ruined a solid take on the situation.

...his subsequent posts ultimately ruined a solid take on the situation.

Given the reasons as I already stated above, it didn't "ruin" anything. It just confirms the fluidity of the situation, IMHO. Suriano himself could post something on this board & it could change. Did he ruin his own credibility? Just saying.

Go RU
Diane

For a medical hardship waiver, you have to meet both criteria:

Participate in no more than 30% of permissible competition dates
Medical issue must arise in the first half of the season, and result in an inability to participate for the remainder of the season.

The only exception would be if he wrestled in the NCO unattached? I am not sure if that is possible. If he was unattached, it would not count.

EDIT: Okay so I checked the NCO website... He did wrestle unattached in 2014. SO - its less clear. I am fairly confident that even though his competing at the NCO means he was able to compete in the second half of the season in layman's terms, that competition does not count and is ignored for NCAA purposes. So I think he would be eligible for a medical hardship waiver if he missed this season.
He wouldn't be eligible. Part of getting a hardship waiver is documented evidence he was medically unable to compete. If he wrestled unattached that is proof he was able to compete. They require a statement from either a trainer or doctor documenting the injury and them saying that in their professional opinion he could not compete. So essentially what you are suggesting is for Rutgers have someone from the medical staff lie to the NCAA.

Diane
My point was that Nicky does not want to sit out a year so if he did not get a waiver his only option was to return to PSU since he was only granted a release by PSU to RU, not a general release. That is not flip flopping He has been at RU all summer. The PSU ship has sailed. I don't mind people busting my stones. See you at RU wrestling outing Monday?

I get it, Bill. However, I mind people "busting your stones" without warrant and on our boards!

Unfortunately, we can't make it on Monday. But, I donated some Jets tix for the auction and sponsored a hole. So, we'll certainly be there in spirit!

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: RUpop and R U Crazy
Diane
My point was that Nicky does not want to sit out a year so if he did not get a waiver his only option was to return to PSU since he was only granted a release by PSU to RU, not a general release. That is not flip flopping He has been at RU all summer. The PSU ship has sailed. I don't mind people busting my stones. See you at RU wrestling outing Monday?
Any input as to why that ship has sailed? I have an idea but curious to hear what you think....or know..

Last night:
Suriano will not be back at PSU. Either RU or somewhere else.

This afternoon:
Diane

So let's see if I can figure this out. Despite your statement earlier in the week that Suriano was "probably" bound for PSU, you now conclude that PSU is out. As of last night, it had to be RU or somewhere else. But now, you are remembering the release being specific to RU, so "somewhere else" is out. Which leaves RU as the only option? But that conflicts with the desire not to sit a year, which leaves PSU as the only option. But the PSU ship has sailed.

See how circular and, therefore, meaningless it is to predict that every possible outcome will happen, but at the same time rule out every option on the table? My head hurts trying to figure out what you mean one day to the next.

Johnstownsteel
These are my perceptions and not from CS or the Surianos. I feel NS was not happy at Hsppy Valley all year. He is a Jersey kid used to family and friends around and that was not available there. When he asked to transfer to RU I think he felt CS would support the waiver due to their conversations. When CS made his pitch for NS to return at their house in July the relationship probably deteriorated. When CS made the public statement that he supports the Big Ten rule of losing 1 year eligibility that was it.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Wait... ash won't wrestle this season?
Yes, lost in all the shuffle our best wrestler ever may have wrestled his last match here do to injury. It sucks, we just took a major hit.

Last edited:
Like Bill I'm hearing back by January. Not the end of the world. Let him come in fresh and make a big run.
Can he ask for another red shirt year now to get process started so he has a couple of options? Is an extra Redshirt year something that is not realistic ?

Can he ask for another red shirt year now to get process started so he has a couple of options? Is an extra Redshirt year something that is not realistic ?

I dont think it is much of an option. A medical redshirt usually involves losing two years of competition. This would only be Anthony's first year of competition lost(if he missed the entire season). As some have stated above, if he misses the first half of the season it might be a blessing in disguise as he will be healthy and fresh the second semester.

Johnstownsteel
These are my perceptions and not from CS or the Surianos. I feel NS was not happy at Hsppy Valley all year. He is a Jersey kid used to family and friends around and that was not available there. When he asked to transfer to RU I think he felt CS would support the waiver due to their conversations. When CS made his pitch for NS to return at their house in July the relationship probably deteriorated. When CS made the public statement that he supports the Big Ten rule of losing 1 year eligibility that was it.

I wasn't aware that CS made any public statement throughout the entire Suriano saga. Did I miss something?

Also, while I understand you are speculating here, I find it very hard to believe that CS privately told NS that Penn State would support a waiver of the B1G intra-conference transfer rule. That doesn't add up for me.

Reactions: tabenn
Diane
Jeez, Mr Bill. You obviously don't know or was given the run around. The only chance for nick to compete for a championship this year is with PSU. Hence the documents that are on the table.

Jeez, Mr Bill. You obviously don't know or was given the run around. The only chance for nick to compete for a championship this year is with PSU. Hence the documents that are on the table.

Those "documents" have been sitting on the "table" for an awful long time....

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Johnstownsteel

One, your perception is that Suriano was homesick. This, I am reasonably sure, will not be a reason sufficient to persuade the B1G to grant a waiver to their rules on intraconference transfers.

Two, I've seen no evidence that Penn State could support the waiver or that it would be given any weight by the B1G if they did. So the whole "PSU isn't supporting the waiver" argument is speculative at best. Moreover, as has been pointed out many, many times, if we don't know the grounds underlying the petition for a waiver, we certainly certainly can't draw any conclusion as to, even if the waiver support were a real thing, whether Penn State could be even reasonably requested to support those grounds. If it's homesickness, they certainly couldn't.

Three, as has also been pointed out, Cael has made no statement about the intraconference transfer rule.

I'll go a step further. As far as I know, there have been no leaks from the Penn State wrestling staff on this whole situation. In the meantime, the Rutgers staff has been leaking things on a regular basis to you and NJ.com to suit their own agenda. It hasn't been a good look, imo.

Finally, now you are talking to Cael about the Suriano situation?

One, your perception is that Suriano was homesick. This, I am reasonably sure, will not be a reason sufficient to persuade the B1G to grant a waiver to their rules on intraconference transfers.

Two, I've seen no evidence that Penn State could support the waiver or that it would be given any weight by the B1G if they did. So the whole "PSU isn't supporting the waiver" argument is speculative at best. Moreover, as has been pointed out many, many times, if we don't know the grounds underlying the petition for a waiver, we certainly certainly can't draw any conclusion as to, even if the waiver support were a real thing, whether Penn State could be even reasonably requested to support those grounds. If it's homesickness, they certainly couldn't.

Three, as has also been pointed out, Cael has made no statement about the intraconference transfer rule.

I'll go a step further. As far as I know, there have been no leaks from the Penn State wrestling staff on this whole situation. In the meantime, the Rutgers staff has been leaking things on a regular basis to you and NJ.com to suit their own agenda. It hasn't been a good look, imo.

Finally, now you are talking to Cael about the Suriano situation?
Wow, windbag of the year!

I dont think it is much of an option. A medical redshirt usually involves losing two years of competition. This would only be Anthony's first year of competition lost(if he missed the entire season). As some have stated above, if he misses the first half of the season it might be a blessing in disguise as he will be healthy and fresh the second semester.

I think ScarletGrafan is probably right, though I don't think we should speculate any further at this point. I'm going under the assumption we see Ash in January, which I'm fine with.

Also, can we please keep some of the regurgitated Suriano crap off this thread? Take the heavily repeated PSU talking points to that Suriano hampster wheel thread because I would like to continue reading this one.

Suriano will not be back at PSU. Either RU or somewhere else.

. . . Also, can we please keep some of the regurgitated Suriano crap off this thread? . . .

With all due respect, the Suriano talks had pretty much been off this thread for a couple of weeks, but then someone who heavily implied he was finished discussing the subject changed his mind again and posted the above-referenced provocative statement in this thread. Just saying.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He wouldn't be eligible. Part of getting a hardship waiver is documented evidence he was medically unable to compete. If he wrestled unattached that is proof he was able to compete. They require a statement from either a trainer or doctor documenting the injury and them saying that in their professional opinion he could not compete. So essentially what you are suggesting is for Rutgers have someone from the medical staff lie to the NCAA.

I have no idea WTF you are talking about. Maybe re-read what I wrote. I believe I was wrong, and that the post that followed mine corrected the analysis... but your last sentence is quite the leap. I know you guys have a lot of institutional experience with that kind of thing, but I never suggested anything of the sort.

I have no idea WTF you are talking about. Maybe re-read what I wrote. I believe I was wrong, and that the post that followed mine corrected the analysis... but your last sentence is quite the leap. I know you guys have a lot of institutional experience with that kind of thing, but I never suggested anything of the sort.

Lol

Also, can we please keep some of the regurgitated Suriano crap off this thread? Take the heavily repeated PSU talking points to that Suriano hampster wheel thread because I would like to continue reading this one.

Are you talking to Bill, who brought it back in?

If it's a torn labrum Ashnault is recovering from, I don't think it looks good for him. Both Altons had that injury and surgery and neither made it back over a couple of seasons. To be back and at full strength in less than a year would be an amazing comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT