ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sasso has been a familiar face at RU and I'm sure the staff probably thinks they have a punchers chance, but in multiple conversations I've had with multiple members of their family I've never heard RU mentioned once. Wasn't asked about specifically, but either were the other schools so the omission - although Im sure not purposeful - speaks volumes. tOSU, Va Tech, sometimes Iowa. A while ago PSU also, but dont think that is on the table any more.

I dont see him going to RU unless all of above don't work out, but then again things change.

132 pound State Champ Quinn Kinner tweeted a picture of him and Tom Ryan at his home visit.

Van Brill had a great offseason tournament, beating Jack in freestyle, I believe. And DeLuca's always been nice behind the scenes, but no world beater. Didn't he beat Richie in the finals a few years ago when both were JUCO?

(And in response to the other post ...) While Downey is a great wrestler, I don't think I've been so negative about a Rutgers guy since Tejay Johnson. Here's hoping IF he does come here that he can keep his nose clean for the year, or however long he's here.

Bob Preusse an Ohio St insider and wrestling writer said about 3 weeks ago he thinks McKenna will be at Ohio State. I think it will be announced soon that he will be going to Ohio State.
Sure looks that way. Did we sniff around since he was willing to go 149?

If PD does come to RU do you see him wrestling 197?
I thought 184 was a better weight for him and we have Gravina there.
I have zero information, just reading his tweet, it seems like he favors coming to RU.
What the staff thinks i am clueless

McKenna to OSU (Possibly)
IOWA making major moves
B10 getting tougher and tougher.

Class of 2019 Nick Raimo making his commitment live tomorrow of Flo Radio Live. Sadly I feel it will be Arizona State.

Class of 2019 Nick Raimo making his commitment live tomorrow of Flo Radio Live. Sadly I feel it will be Arizona State.
Hmm... Isn't Pennsylvania's 120 pound stud, Julian Chlebove, already verballed to Arizona State? Both just finished their sophomore years but they may be competing against each other for the same weight class if both attend the same school. I am aware Nick wrestled 126 last year but this would be strange. I am surely hoping you 're wrong about this.

Good news would be nice. If we are left whiffing on Raimo, Glory and a Suriano transfer, and Paetzall transferring out, a lot of fans are going to be wondering what the hell happened.

I am confused by what is happening right now. I have no inside information but by piecing together things it seems like Paetzal transferred because of Suriano. Now we may be losing recruits due to Suriano. If we don't get Suriano then this is a disaster.

I am confused by what is happening right now. I have no inside information but by piecing together things it seems like Paetzal transferred because of Suriano. Now we may be losing recruits due to Suriano. If we don't get Suriano then this is a disaster.

RU did not lose Raimo because of a possibility of Suriano coming here. Raimo said it came down to ASU and RU and it was more of a Freestyle decision.

Didn't lose Raimo because of Suriano. We lost Raimo because we don't have a RTC. Raimo said on Flo the only 2 schools he was looking at was Rutgers and Arizona State. Before the announcement he was asked what is going into your decision? His #1 reason was he wanted a program that had a RTC because he believes Freestyle is a major benefit to college wrestling.

Seems like the NJRTC was dangled in front of us a year ago and it seems like it has stalled.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
RU did not lose Raimo because of a possibility of Suriano coming here. Raimo said it came down to ASU and RU and it was more of a Freestyle decision.

Didn't lose Raimo because of Suriano. We lost Raimo because we don't have a RTC. Raimo said on Flo the only 2 schools he was looking at was Rutgers and Arizona State. Before the announcement he was asked what is going into your decision? His #1 reason was he wanted a program that had a RTC because he believes Freestyle is a major benefit to college wrestling.

Seems like the NJRTC was dangled in front of us a year ago and it seems like it has stalled.
That sounds logical & Zeke Jones does a lot of freestyle. What the heck is going on with the NJRTC?!?! I've said this before but I was very discouraged when NYCRTC was created & is run out of Hoboken with Edge.

Last edited:

We still have time and distance. I would keep recruiting him in a reasonable manner. $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT