ADVERTISEMENT

WTF, MSU???

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Was going to post this on the RT but figured it'll be more fun here, so:

1st...we have the obvious with the past couple of coaching staffs...

Then....we see the beyond disrespectful MSU Barstool Sports Tweet with Gandolfini in an MSU shirt...

Now.......we find out that an MSU player Maliq Carr tweeted/messaged an RU player during the week about coming to NJ to "kill" Rutgers PLAYERS??? (awaiting further confirmation on exactly what happened here but there's a thread on the RT regarding this (apparent) exchange....

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****???

To RU Field Hockey (1PM) and Women's Soccer (1PM)....COMPLETE THE WEEKEND SWEEP!!!!! Time to sit MSU down at the kid's table with IU and PU I guess, right??? 😡😡😡

• Wow
Reactions: redking
Disgrace with the last part. Mike Tverdov got on them for Gandolfini tweet.

Sorry to derail but you did mention field hockey. You introduced me to Meredith Civico at an alumni event in Hoboken when she was a new head coach. What a great hire by Pernetti she turned out to be. Can't believe they are 13-0 against the teams they have played. Could this finally be the year RU gets a Natty in a team sport that isn't fencing?

Sorry to derail but you did mention field hockey. You introduced me to Meredith Civico at an alumni event in Hoboken when she was a new head coach. What a great hire by Pernetti she turned out to be. Can't believe they are 13-0 against the teams they have played. Could this finally be the year RU gets a Natty in a team sport that isn't fencing?
Great hire by TP, HOWEVER....JUST AS GOOD of a job to keep her, by Hobbs, at a time she easily could've been let go. Hobbs stuck with her, got her more support (which led to more overseas recruiting, and BOOOOM!

*** and, yes, I remember that party....it was just after Julie Hermann was hired, IIRC?

*** and, yes, I remember that party....it was just after Julie Hermann was hired, IIRC?
Yeah I think it had something to do with Julie Hermann. The other thing I remember from that night was that when I asked Coach Flood if I could have a picture, he grabbed the beer out of my hand and put it out of view, lol. Since then, whenever I get a picture with a cheerleader, Scarlet Knight, etc, I put my drink down.

MSU was our last game of the year when we joined the B1G before they started putting us with Maryland. I feel like the MSU rivalry is much more real than UMD. We should have a trophy with them instead. Between our football success against them (2 wins in NJ, 3 in East Lansing), basketball putting two 30-point blowouts on them the last couple years and then knocking off Izzo in the Garden last year (after the announcer said it would be an “MSU home game” that was a sea of scarlet) … then the whole “Keep Chopping” thing .. honestly its a more bitter rival with more history

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
MSU was our last game of the year when we joined the B1G before they started putting us with Maryland. I feel like the MSU rivalry is much more real than UMD. We should have a trophy with them instead. Between our football success against them (2 wins in NJ, 3 in East Lansing), basketball putting two 30-point blowouts on them the last couple years and then knocking off Izzo in the Garden last year (after the announcer said it would be an “MSU home game” that was a sea of scarlet) … then the whole “Keep Chopping” thing .. honestly its a more bitter rival with more history
We don’t need any trophy but I agree that it feels that we have more history/rivalry with the MSU scum than Maryland .

Reactions: shields
We don’t need any trophy but I agree that it feels that we have more history/rivalry with the MSU scum than Maryland .
Agree. Doubt if MSU feels the same, however. Currently, we don’t have any football rivalries that aren’t forced. If we continue to get better, a rivalry with someone will ensue.

Reactions: RUbacker
Maryland is the last game.

Field Hockey won again…beat MSU 3-1.

And if you see the “IT WORKED OUT!” video, sure looks like there was some extra emphasis on the chopping by the HC.😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT