ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey Crushing People & Refs Swallow Whistle

RU was called for 44 fouls against in the two tourney games and only 30 for them. That resulted in 19 more free throws for the opponents. 14 of them in this game alone.

Tons of contact in both games but the game wasn't called the same on both ends. Biggest F U by the officials was Paul getting knocked to the floor by Edey but no call but Caleb makes light contact on the sideline and it's an immediate whistle. And no I'm not referring to the scrum, this play on Paul was a few minutes earlier.

I didnt get to watch the game yet but Edey's been getting this treatment the entire season. They give him lots of leeway sadly.

Another favorite was when he elbowed Cliff in the mouth. Bardo kept claiming it was on the follow through of the shot. Yet every replay showed the ball in his hand even after the elbow hit Cliff. Should have been an offensive foul.

Another favorite was when he elbowed Cliff in the mouth. Bardo kept claiming it was on the follow through of the shot. Yet every replay showed the ball in his hand even after the elbow hit Cliff. Should have been an offensive foul.
I guess that's better than the typical Rutgers face fouling the offensive player's elbow calls we have seen a few times

Play through it young man

Blantantly obvious that he's going out of his way to do those things, but the B1G is notorious with having different sets of rules for various teams/players and the refs see to it that the league gets what it wants.
The best thing is that in that clip they called the foul on Sissoko. I totally agree with you.

Reactions: RUChoppin
The best thing is that in that clip they called the foul on Sissoko. I totally agree with you.
His reaction at the very end was priceless when he realized they were calling him for a foul.

And given how bad the referees are getting, it's only time before we see an incident where a fan accosts a referee during a game over blatantly partiality because they or a) drunk, b) have money on the game, or c) both.

Reactions: MikeR0102
He said that about Woolfolk after Edey pushed him in the back twice on the same play
Watch him on every rebound he pushes our guys and goes over the back almost every time
Maddening that he was doing that yet wolf barely touches him a minute later and he gets called , frustrating.

It’s ok if I push off people and pretend to accidentally elbow them because I’m much bigger than them.

Right?

How many years of eligibility will
He use?
All 5?

If you watch the replay of the Edey Paul incident, the refs could have and should have called it a flagrant 2 and ejected EDey. He was not involved in the tie up , the play was dead and the refs were right there. Edey comes out of nowhere and swats Paul. Totally avoidable, totally flagrant, and potentially damaging. Remember when Paul got ejected for something much less and in self defense.

If you watch the replay of the Edey Paul incident, the refs could have and should have called it a flagrant 2 and ejected EDey. He was not involved in the tie up , the play was dead and the refs were right there. Edey comes out of nowhere and swats Paul. Totally avoidable, totally flagrant, and potentially damaging. Remember when Paul got ejected for something much less and in self defense.
The first thing he actually did was come up and grab Paul from behind.

The very early no-calls were real bad. And I think the first half was 14 to 4 in foul calls. They called light hand checks against Rutgers starters and waited until Purdue had subs in to call anything on them. I think it was 2 fouls on their starters and 2 on backups. It was bad.. it was if they had to make sure Rutgers didn't run away with the game in the first half.

Then the damage was done. Rutgers starters could be controlled in the second half in foul trouble. I think we did amazing well.. considering.

One call had a Purdue guy who rebounded.. I think against Paul who had one hand on it. The guy came down and locked Paul's arm with his and twisted. That was a tie-up or no call... or maybe even one of those "hook and holds" which were all the fashion last year.

And I saw one where we hit a three that bounced on the rim and they showed the basket camera view. So funny.. it shows Paul (or Cam) watching the shot underneath preparing for a board and a Purdue player come in and use two hands on his back to push him and followed up with his body.

Several of Cliff's shots got a lot of contact.. no foul, of course. Cam hits a shooters fingers after a shot.. FOUL!.. Edey does it to Cliff.. NO FOUL. Someone else does it to Cam.. NO FOUL!

I do think they beat us. But had ref help they did not need. The game would have played out differently and Purdue is teh better team.. marginally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT