ADVERTISEMENT

BAD NEWS: Malcom Pridgeon

TK tired of seeing stupid posts like this....Very irresponsible if the recruit was on campus, had a great time and COMMITTED how can you put this on Flood? He has a ton of offers and just decided he probably got caught up in the moment and wants to slow it down. On top of the fact he probably got hammered with calls as soon as commitment got out. Some of you guys are just CLUELESS

Yea because getting 1 JuCO player proves he can committ. Get lost

You certainly told me off. That's one for the Chip,.
You're quick as a whip trying to be hip ,now go roll in some sheep dip
11514%20-%20animated_gif%20charlton_heston%20laughing%20planet_of_the_apes%20reaction_image.gif

Perhaps,he got some phone calls from elite schools questioning his rushed decision making.
Sounds likely, maybe telling him to forget about officials if he's solid RU, or the old negative recruiting pitch about coaching change risks at RU. I'll be happy with a soft verbal from this recruit at this point, we look like a real good fit for him for realistic immediate PT opportunity, close to home, solid program in elite conference and most importantly he does like the coaching staff. Beat Ped St in Big10 opener and he'll swing to solid in no time.
image.jpg

Last edited:
So...?

Malcom calls Flood: Hey coach, I'd like to come to Rutgers (thinking about a visit)

Flood: Sure, Malcom, we'd love to have you.

Hangs-up phone.

Malcom thinks :::gee, coach Flood is a nice guy. Should be a great visit:::

KF: :OMG OMG, where';s the twitter?!!::::

Reactions: RUwoz and Rokodesh
So...?

Malcom calls Flood: Hey coach, I'd like to come to Rutgers (thinking about a visit)

Flood: Sure, Malcom, we'd love to have you.

Hangs-up phone.

Malcom thinks :::gee, coach Flood is a nice guy. Should be a great visit:::

KF: :OMG OMG, where';s the twitter?!!::::
it was in person not over the phone.

TK tired of seeing stupid posts like this....Very irresponsible if the recruit was on campus, had a great time and COMMITTED how can you put this on Flood? He has a ton of offers and just decided he probably got caught up in the moment and wants to slow it down. On top of the fact he probably got hammered with calls as soon as commitment got out. Some of you guys are just CLUELESS

Sorry, a lot of this in on Flood. He announced the verbal, which is a no-no. The recruit needs to do this for two reasons - 1. it's his decision, 2. to avoid these boomerang commitments/decommitments.

Sorry, a lot of this in on Flood. He announced the verbal, which is a no-no. The recruit needs to do this for two reasons - 1. it's his decision, 2. to avoid these boomerang commitments/decommitments.
Where specifically did Flood note Pridgeon committed?

it was in person not over the phone.

From On The Banks blog
>"I'm not committed to Rutgers," Pridgeon told 247Sports. "It was a little misunderstanding. I'm uncommitted right now.

"I verbally committed on Friday, but that's not locking a deal. After the visit I talked to my family and they think I should finish up with school and take all of my official visits before making my decision in the Fall. I told Coach Kyle Flood that and told him I was going to wait, so I'm not committed to Rutgers right now."

Kyle Flood was not lying when he tweeted<

>It seems that the young man still needs some time to sort out his recruitment and maybe jumped the guns. Let's take it easy on him and Coach Flood because Rutgers is still the favorite for him and he is just trying to sort things out.<

http://www.onthebanks.com/2015/6/7/8743175/football-recruiting-update-on-malcolm-pridgeon

It ain't over till it's over :cool:

If Flood didn't make it public and let the kid do it himself, none of this silliness would have been made public (which just makes RU and Flood look bad).
This is the twitter age and getting it out there is what most HCs do.
First you say Flood should have waited till the kid said something first, then claim he should say nothing
after it came out Malcolm told TOS he committed. .

What's Flood supposed to do: hide the fact he is getting commits ?

Although there've been occasional times when I've been critical of Flood if I've felt it was warranted, I don't really see how any blame can be put on his shoulders here at all. -According to a T. Hunt article, Pridgeon himself confirmed he'd committed to Rutgers to other media outlets later on Friday; then, almost before the news of the "commit" could sink in, the kid switches gears and announces he isn't committed to RU.

About the only thing KF is "guilty" of in this instance is not being a clairvoyant who can always accurately predict a teenager's actions and changes of mind.

Although there've been occasional times when I've been critical of Flood if I've felt it was warranted, I don't really see how any blame can be put on his shoulders here at all. -According to a T. Hunt article, Pridgeon himself confirmed he'd committed to Rutgers to other media outlets later on Friday; then, almost before the news of the "commit" could sink in, the kid switches gears and announces he isn't committed to RU.

About the only thing KF is "guilty" of in this instance is not being a clairvoyant who can always accurately predict a teenager's actions and changes of mind.
Does not sound like this kid is a Rutgers guy and should never have been offered. Sort of like the partridge guy from PC.

Sick and tired of "soft verbal - Rutgers will be my safety school" stuff....

I'll go ahead and guess.. tampering.

Recruit waiting for his top choices to offer.. is getting strung along.. commits to Rutgers.. it is announced.. and then one of his preferred choices offers... or otherwise gets in his head.

"I'm not committed to Rutgers," Pridgeon told 247Sports. "It was a little misunderstanding. I'm uncommitted right now.
"I verbally committed on Friday, but that's not locking a deal."

This is why I don't really get excited by verbals as much. A lot of these kids don't consider it a "commitment" I get maybe he got caught up in the moment but geez, a few hours later he is having 2nd thoughts?

He wants to study culinary arts. KF needs to get Mario Batali involved in this one.

Most likely as stated by ONE person above....after his commit, he was flooded by other prorgams to consider theirs, Geeze. Look at the list of schools with interest.

"I'm not committed to Rutgers," Pridgeon told 247Sports. "It was a little misunderstanding. I'm uncommitted right now.
"I verbally committed on Friday, but that's not locking a deal."

This is why I don't really get excited by verbals as much. A lot of these kids don't consider it a "commitment" I get maybe he got caught up in the moment but geez, a few hours later he is having 2nd thoughts?

I'll tell my girlfriend that just because I'm in a committed relationship, that's not locking a deal. She'll understand :)

If Flood didn't make it public and let the kid do it himself, none of this silliness would have been made public (which just makes RU and Flood look bad).

Oh please. You are too much with this one. Its not Flood's fault the kid changed his mind. It is what it is, so be it. Sounds like he is doing what's right for him, and that we are still in the lead. No reason whatsoever for a lot of the venom here directed at Flood or the recruit. Publicizing important commitments is something college coaches should be doing.

We can judge both once his commitment is official. He is obviously Flood's to lose at this point, so I'll be upset if he doesn't close. But until then, I'm not going to disparage anyone over a mistake.

Reactions: RURM85 and MADHAT1
I'll tell my girlfriend that just because I'm in a committed relationship, that's not locking a deal. She'll understand :)

You meant it as a joke, but its actually a great analogy for the system we have. Nothing about a committed relationship locks anything -- why do you think girls want the ring so bad?? You can kick her out at any time. In that way, a verbal is exactly like being in a committed relationship. You agree you want to be together, but either side can change their mind if circumstances change.

An LOI is the wedding.

Reactions: j10oreo

haha, i wanna try that too. So the kid goes on record, and says he committed but he didnt really commit because maybe he doesnt know what the word commitment means, and people think this is on Flood? ahh just another day on the Rutgers message board. maybe this is what this kid thought the word meant -

Confusion, delusion and/ or commitment illusion :) at least this didn't happen :
OU Football: Dalton Wood's status with team remains unclear | News OK
>All but one player from the class that signed in February is on campus—or headed there shortly—for summer workouts but the one remaining piece remains a mystery.
It’s still unclear if McAlester’s Dalton Wood will return to Norman.
Wood reported to OU on Wednesday but left in the middle of the night to go back home.<
http://newsok.com/ou-football-dalton-woods-status-with-team-unclear/article/5425804?custom_click=rss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT