ADVERTISEMENT

BAD NEWS: Malcom Pridgeon

OSU2015

Freshman
Jun 22, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: MrWise
I hate to be the bearer of bad news for the Rutgers faithful but it is being reported by the Rutgers 247 site that Malcom Pridgeon did not commit to Rutgers yesterday. Has anyone else heard this? If this has already been reported here please delete.

You guys still had an awesome day in regards to your recruiting yesterday.
Ah, shite.

Where'd you get this information? Just curious!

One of the recruiting staff of the Rutgers 247 board just reported that Malcolm never committed and will take all of his visits per his HC.

That's all I got. Maybe someone here is a member of the 247 site and can confirm it.

Why did Flood send out a tweet about his commitment? Obviously he must have told Flood he was on board.

This site reported it. This site has been ultra conservative with respect to things like this for over a decade. I don't think they changed their stance last night. That however doesn't mean there isn't conflicting info.

This site reported it. This site has been ultra conservative with respect to things like this for over a decade. I don't think they changed their stance last night. That however doesn't mean there isn't conflicting info.

I apologize as I didn't see it listed anywhere.

Last edited:
If you click on his name, it shows his commitment status as "soft verbal". That doesn't sound like a commitment to me but we shall see.

If you click on his name, it shows his commitment status as "soft verbal". That doesn't sound like a commitment to me but we shall see.
Agree, soft verbal sounds like he just has RU as #1, but looking around to see if someone else suits his fancy better.
Hopefully he'll find RU the best fit and become Sir Malcom

There was definitely a big miscommunication with Flood and I bet he isn't too happy. There is no way Flood would send that tweet out if it was clear to him that Malcolm was giving the softest of softest commitments and taking all visits....

Sometimes there just isn't enough bourbon. Normally I don't get this aggravated about RU Football until the season begins.

Sometimes there just isn't enough bourbon. Normally I don't get this aggravated about RU Football until the season begins.

I think it was more along the line that he had second thoughts overnight

No need to apologize. Very odd that a commitment all over the Internet is now being backtracked. Still hope he ends up here.
Seen it before. Kid gets caught up in the moment. Commits on the spot and then goes home and talks to mom/dad or coach and decide they need to slow down. Wouldn't be the first or last time it happened.

Reactions: RUfan121 and MrWise
It' ain't over till it's over a famous philosopher, named Yogi, once said.

Soft verbal /solid commit, LOI day signing is what counts for every recruit, no matter what type of verbal they gave.
Don't like the confusion, but won't jump to a conclusion

Just like many other recruits across the country...seems like more and more are just making a "reservation" early to lock in a spot...then over the next 6-7 months...they keep shopping to see if a new "hotel" offers them a room and so on.

Good news is that a majority of first verbals stick with their first choice...but its becoming harder and harder to hold on to this early "reservations" as sometimes kids don't understand the word "commitment".

As Jerry Seinfeld use to say (paraphrase): "Making a reservation is the easy part...its the HOLDING of the reservation thats the most important."

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif

Some of you are getting all negative about this guy but I'm refusin'.

"Soft Verbal" is like getting half of a hand job. Totally useless and meaningless. And shouldn't even be allowed.

Reactions: Piscataway
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT