ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies & Gentlemen, I Present To You the Worst Song of All Time

Originally posted by bac2therac:
Shake It Off by Taylor Dayne of recent songs

We Are The World....Usa for Africa

How on earrh can people put songs like Dust In The Wind as worst...you are kidding me..not even close. So many bad songs from the past decade to choose from
Taylor Swift not Dayne. Taylor Dayne had hits in the late 80's & early 90's

For me, the worst song of all time is the Paul McCartney Christmas song. Can't post link from mobile but it's awful
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by chickenpatty2:

This is it. There's no need to continue searching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY
By the 1:40 mark I wanted to throw up, so this is in the running. It seems like they were trying to be bad, though, so that might make it rough. Where on God's green earth did find that monstrosity?

Seasons in the sun is particularly appalling because it is stolen from a great Jacques Brel song, moribond.

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:
Man, just because you guys hate songs doesn't make them the worse song out there.

Now, this song's bad, but it's entertaining like a terribly bad movie that becomes a cult classic.

Rapping Duke
Hating a song, by definition, makes it a bad song.

And 4Real, I love Seasons In the Sun!! Maybe not as much as Kung Foo Fighting from that era, but it was way up there. Also, the Night Chicago Died was solid in my book. Seasons In the Sun was song of the year that year, and sort of in the vein of Wildfire. And Billy Don't Be A Hero might have been more appropriately titled, Billy Don't Be An Idiot, but I thought it was still a pretty decent song.

There is not a more terrible song on YouTube with a tenth of the views or airtime as Rebecca Black's Friday.

Originally posted by Knight Shift:
This, and the rest of her catalog.
Dayam, that was bad. It took me all of four seconds to start getting pissed. We might have to have a tournament if I can find the time to bracket them.

Originally posted by Friend of 112:
And who can forget this board classic...
I knew before clicking on the link that it was that song!! I watched it just last night, and the funny thing is I turned my buddy onto it two weeks ago and he can't stop, either! Man, those people have rhythm, huh (cough cough)? And I have a crush on the girl, of course. Way too cute.

who can set up brackets for this? We need to settle this once and for all. "Achey Breaky Heart" has to win this.

Originally posted by NJbound:

There has to be some ground rules here. I think in order to qualify, the song had to at least be in the mainstream at some point. There are so many songs that people could just make in their basement that are god awful, but I think the intent was to nominate songs that actually got radio play time, but are now just downright offensive.
Yes to the idea of a tournament and the ground rules should include songs that actually charted in the last 50 years. I say needs to have been top 10. I also say that the sweet 16 will be littered with bad 70's pop. Season's the in the Sun is awful, but so is Afternoon Delight.

Originally posted by RU4Real:
First of all, Neil Diamond is a national treasure. It's not REALLY his fault that the cruise ship set has ruined "Sweet Caroline".

There's such a big 70s contingent here, I'm really surprised that nobody has called out Paper Lace or Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods.

I mention both because "Billy Don't Be a Hero", which definitely could be in the running for Worst Song Ever, was originally recorded and released in the UK by Paper Lace, but recorded and released in the US by Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods. This is curious because Paper Lace wasn't entirely unknown here in the states - they had a Top 10 single with the equally bad "Night Chicago Died".

There was more awfulness in the 70s than we could ever catalog in one thread. It started in 1970 with "Indiana Wants Me" and continued right up through the entire disco movement.

But it's my belief that the worst song ever is Seasons in the Sun, by Terry Jacks.
The 70s was by far the greatest decade for songs ever ... I would take the worst song from the 70s and it would be better than anything that's come out this millennium (that is if one could call anything composed since 2000 a "song").

Originally posted by RutgersRaRa:
If you have a better Worst Song, post a link and let's see what you've got. If there was a song that recorded furniture falling on grown pigs it wouldn't be worse than this (hint: Kansas).
The first song I heard when I walked into the gym late this morning was Dust in the Wind. Have to agree, it is a god awful song. Those classic rock stations have such an odd mix of decent songs and real stinkers.

Originally posted by RU4Real:
First of all, Neil Diamond is a national treasure. It's not REALLY his fault that the cruise ship set has ruined "Sweet Caroline".

There's such a big 70s contingent here, I'm really surprised that nobody has called out Paper Lace or Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods.

I mention both because "Billy Don't Be a Hero", which definitely could be in the running for Worst Song Ever, was originally recorded and released in the UK by Paper Lace, but recorded and released in the US by Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods. This is curious because Paper Lace wasn't entirely unknown here in the states - they had a Top 10 single with the equally bad "Night Chicago Died".

There was more awfulness in the 70s than we could ever catalog in one thread. It started in 1970 with "Indiana Wants Me" and continued right up through the entire disco movement.

But it's my belief that the worst song ever is Seasons in the Sun, by Terry Jacks.
I didn't see this before posting my entry of "Billy Don't be a Hero" but I agree whole heartedly. Anything from Paper Lace would be a strong entry.

WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO! WANGO TANGO!
And that's before this clown ever gets a real word out of his mouth.....It goes DOWNHILL from Wango Tango.

Originally posted by jmg75:

If you have a better Worst Song, post a link and let's see what you've got. If there was a song that recorded furniture falling on grown pigs it wouldn't be worse than this (hint: Kansas).
The first song I heard when I walked into the gym late this morning was Dust in the Wind. Have to agree, it is a god awful song. Those classic rock stations have such an odd mix of decent songs and real stinkers.
I have no idea how you could work out to that song unless you could stay pissed the whole time. It is a total energy drain. Take any Carly Simon song and multiply it by 15 and you have the energy lost from Kansas' train wreck.

Originally posted by jmg75:

I have no idea how you could work out to that song unless you could stay pissed the whole time. It is a total energy drain. Take any Carly Simon song and multiply it by 15 and you have the energy lost from Kansas' train wreck.
Carly Simon is a minor deity. You just watch your mouth, mister.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT