ADVERTISEMENT

Official Spring Game Weather Thread

Any chance of snow?
happy0007.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Knight Shift:
Any chance of snow?
happy0007.r191677.gif
Hard to predict this far out. I'm waiting for the OU812 model to play out.

Speaking of weather, what a kick ass day yesterday even if it was a summer tease. Spent a nice afternoon with the S.B. Crumb family.

Originally posted by RU4Real:
As of now, NWS is saying Mostly Sunny, High of 57.
Given that the sun will be setting at 7:47pm on Friday, I find that highly unlikely.

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:
Given that the sun will be setting at 7:47pm on Friday, I find that highly unlikely.
You doubt that the high temperature on Friday will be 57... because of the time of sunset?

You doubt that the high temperature on Friday will be 57... because of the time of sunset?
No, I doubt that it will be mostly sunny at gametime. And it will definitely not be 57 then either.

Accu-Weather would have been 2 degrees high,if everything holds from their 6 weeks ago forecast.

No, I doubt that it will be mostly sunny at gametime. And it will definitely not be 57 then either.
The forecast is for the DAY, not the game, as the day's activities are not specifically limited to the game.

But the game is what everyone's going for, no?
SmileyPokeWithStickgif.gif

So when am I gonna get a private tasting?

Google weather's showing 0% chance of rain and 51 degrees at kickoff...dry is the most important part here. Even if we had it on Saturday it would only be 55 and impinge on Rutgers Day activities.

Hourly forecast says 45 at gametime and heading down to 32 overnight. Looks like a brisk wind too.
Friday's forecast: High of 54/Low of 32. Could it snow?

My buddy says it's snowing up in Binghamton right now.

Well, this should be interesting. I've already noticed several issues posting this first message.

Hourly forecast says 45 at gametime and heading down to 32 overnight. Looks like a brisk wind too.

My buddy says it's snowing up in Binghamton right now.

I hope numbers and bac don't jump in on this--the worst case scenario for Sussex County Friday morning calls for a 10% chance of snow.

Nobody in our house wanted to go to the Spring Game, and now I am not feeling inclined to press the issue with temperatures looking to be in the 30's/40's at night.

I hope numbers and bac don't jump in on this--the worst case scenario for Sussex County Friday morning calls for a 10% chance of snow.

Nobody in our house wanted to go to the Spring Game, and now I am not feeling inclined to press the issue with temperatures looking to be in the 30's/40's at night.

And snowing/hail light mix right now in Morristown. Yikes. Hope this does not turn out like November Homecoming game.

But the game is what everyone's going for, no?
SmileyPokeWithStickgif.gif

So when am I gonna get a private tasting?

Notice 4Real did not get back to you. Maybe the key is specifying whether you're hoping to taste his privates or vice versa; wording is kind of ambiguous.

Notice 4Real did not get back to you. Maybe the key is specifying whether you're hoping to taste his privates or vice versa; wording is kind of ambiguous.

Mostly because the question, regardless of how you interpret it, is horrifically indiscreet.

it's going to be the perfect fall night for Football. Unfortunately, it's April. Bundle up people.

Freeze warnings and watches (depending where you live) are up for tonight and tomorrow night, with low temps early Saturday likely breaking records in many places (34F record low in Newark, for example). But the gametime conditions of temps in the mid/upper 40s aren't particularly harsh relative to many football games (but are chilly for late April). Winds will luckily be dying down by kickoff, but if you don't like the cold you should layer up. I think clear and dry is more important than temps for attendance, although, of course, I'd prefer warm and dry, as I want max attendance.

http://www.weather.gov/phi/

Been a rough start to 2015 so far. A few breaks here and there, but overall consistently well below normal temp wise. It is really starting to wear on me

This weather is why good baseball players in the Northeast wind up playing in the South, if they are good enough to get a schollie.
Although 2 or 3 years ago it was so hot for the Spring game (they made all sit in the sun on the home side) people were leaving at halftime.

Looks like some of our Weathertards should recheck their sources for the Game weather. Game Time Temps will not be in the High 50's. Maybe he is going to a Spring game down in Alabama.

April is running almost 2.5 degrees above normal In central jersey..will get knocked down this last week but still likely to finish above normal

Mostly because the question, regardless of how you interpret it, is horrifically indiscreet.

This seems to present a logical dilemma. Is it possible to be indiscreet on an anonymous message board? Or are all posts, by their very nature, discreet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT