ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Louisville looking at Sha?

Figure that out yourself? You’re a smart one.

When speaking of coaches you almost always hear them referred to by their last name Wooden, Hurley, Izzo, Pitino, Calipari, Saban, Parcels, Belichick, Schiano, Pikiell, Stringer… Watch a game, when guys with unique names like Dabo Sweeney or Shaka Smart call a timeout you hear “Sweeney iced the kicker” or “Smart wanted to give his starters a rest.” But with shu fans we hear about some dude called Sha. As a non-shu fan he’s Holloway to me.

Now if you know the guy sure he’s Sha, or Geo, or Ricky, or Skip, or Buddy. Nothing wrong with that… in fact if your name is Richard folks that know you should feel free to call you, Dick or Dickie, or if you’re as short as I imagine Little Dickie would work. See I agree with you.
Would you like me to change the thread title for you?

When speaking of coaches you almost always hear them referred to by their last name Wooden, Hurley, Izzo, Pitino, Calipari, Saban, Parcels, Belichick, Schiano, Pikiell, Stringer… Watch a game, when guys with unique names like Dabo Sweeney or Shaka Smart call a timeout you hear “Sweeney iced the kicker” or “Smart wanted to give his starters a rest.” But with shu fans we hear about some dude called Sha. As a non-shu fan he’s Holloway to me.

Now if you know the guy sure he’s Sha, or Geo, or Ricky, or Skip, or Buddy. Nothing wrong with that… in fact if your name is Richard folks that know you should feel free to call you, Dick or Dickie, or if you’re as short as I imagine Little Dickie would work. See I agree with you.

Florida Lead GIF

Reactions: needmorecowbell
Scratching my head … grown men calling a coach by a cute little pet name Sha? Let’s call Pikiell Stevie, John John for Calipari, Matty for Gard and Painter, Izzy for Izzo, or Pearlie for Bruce Pearl. Sorry but it’s sounds a bit creepy when Mat Millen calls Saquon Barkley Say Say… it’s the same here. It’s Holloway for Pete’s sake 😉
This is an odd thing to get bent out of shape about. Sha is short Shaheen just like Steve is short for Steven.

Reactions: Good-Knight

Again, this you?
Go get a ring Greg! Pats again in 2020? Brady will be putting rings on his toes someday
Man I hope the Piscataway DA is lenient… cause I’m gonna bust a few heads of anyone within my reach if they boo Eddie 😉. He is a loyal Son and a Rutgers All Time great that just was not a good fit as our coach (we were floundering and did not support hoops for years leading up to his reign). He succeeded as a player (RU and NBA) and as an NBA coach which we should all be proud of. Do you think Georgetown should boo Patrick Ewing?

It‘s ridiculous that anyone would even consider booing. Don’t be that guy.

PS - Eddie is a genuine good guy and he loves Rutgers

Seton Hall board saying Sha is meeting with them today. I actually would feel bad for them if he bolts

Kind of want Seton Hall to be decent - it’s good for the rivalry and the NET if both teams are competitive.

Saw a tweet saying knight could go to Shu if she leaves.

Pretty absurd

He's staying to coach the best player in the class who he personally landed- ace. Betting on whatever success they have pushing him towards a higher profile job

And ace isn't going to shu. They don't have Harper to play alongside

Saw a tweet saying knight could go to Shu if she leaves.

Pretty absurd

He's staying to coach the best player in the class who he personally landed- ace. Betting on whatever success they have pushing him towards a higher profile job

And ace isn't going to shu. They don't have Harper to play alongside
i would think Copeland from wagner might have the inside edge but we shall see

Reactions: shields
It’s Pitino per Louisville Journal. Sha pulled out and gave Carino an interview. He said stability was the backbone of any program. Translation is SHU is in a better position right now than Louisville and it will take 3-5 years to get back to where he is now if he leaves.”

wow. Should have been a step back into the high major role for Little Ricky Pitino. How unattractive is the UL Job?
Little Rickey might not want to be compared with Daddy at a place that kicked his father out.
My own opinion is he knew he was a third choice type and decided that family history would be a drawback even if he was offered , so out of running and can claim loyalty to Lobos too strong to leave.

Pat Kelsey, coach of College of Charleston and Indiana State coach Josh Schertz
probably are the two ahead of Rickey .

Kelsey is being claimed by some as the next Cardinal HC and negotiating the terms
of contract

I’m a bit surprised that Holloway would even be considered for that job. His resume is pretty thin for a jump like that.

Well, they're hiring Kelsey from Charleston.

Their fanbase is in complete meltdown mode.

Reactions: bac2therac
Kelsey's resume looks pretty good, even if not in a major conference

SeasonTeamOverallConferenceStandingPostseason
2012–13Winthrop14–176–105th (South)
2013–14Winthrop20–1310–6T–2nd (South)
2014–15Winthrop19–1312–6T–3rd
2015–16Winthrop23–913–5T–1st
2016–17Winthrop26–715–3T–1stNCAA Division I Round of 64
2017–18Winthrop19–1212–6T–2nd
2018–19Winthrop18–1210–6T–3rd
2019–20Winthrop24–1015–3T–1stNCAA Division I Canceled*
2020–21Winthrop23–217–11stNCAA Division I Round of 64
Winthrop:186–95 (.662)110–46 (.705)
2021–22Charleston17–158–106th
2022–23Charleston31–416–2T–1stNCAA Division I Round of 64
2023–24Charleston27–815–31stNCAA Division I Round of 64
Charleston:75–27 (.735)39–15 (.722)

Not the right fit here

And if he is successful he will be long gone to a bigger name elsewhere..if he isnt he still will be toiling at shu
You are correct.
But I’d feel better to hear Coach Pikiell’s name mentioned for openings … and that he chooses to stay here.

USC's Andy Enfield is supposedly leaving the Trojans and going to SMU

Andy Enfield is expected to leave USC, become new SMU head coach (Trojans Wire)
>Guess what? SMU has apparently become Santa Claus by being willing to cover the buyout cost and give Enfield a hefty salary to coach in the ACC next season. SMU was impatient with its program, firing Rob Lanier after just two seasons. Enfield was sought as the upgrade candidate. USC fans can’t really believe it, but it’s an amazing stroke of good fortune for SMU to hire Enfield. The deal isn’t done, but an announcement and a finalized contract are expected to emerge in the next several days.<

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/li...-basketball-coach-but-deal-not-yet-finalized/

And if he is successful he will be long gone to a bigger name elsewhere..if he isnt he still will be toiling at shu
That statement lacks merit. Isn't it the goal of every head coach to be very successful? Would you rather your coach be restricted to middling success? Also, if Pike gets to a final 16 or two, don't you think other schools would look to poach him?

USC's Andy Enfield is supposedly leaving the Trojans and going to SMU

Andy Enfield is expected to leave USC, become new SMU head coach (Trojans Wire)
>Guess what? SMU has apparently become Santa Claus by being willing to cover the buyout cost and give Enfield a hefty salary to coach in the ACC next season. SMU was impatient with its program, firing Rob Lanier after just two seasons. Enfield was sought as the upgrade candidate. USC fans can’t really believe it, but it’s an amazing stroke of good fortune for SMU to hire Enfield. The deal isn’t done, but an announcement and a finalized contract are expected to emerge in the next several days.<

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/li...-basketball-coach-but-deal-not-yet-finalized/

Wow..doesn't make sense on surface

Looks like a get out before you fired move

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT