ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RU grad Travels from FL to VA for job

They screwed her. If not going to sue, trash them in the media. Lowlifes.

They definitely should have put the name of the college in the article: shame more than anything else would help her get recompense for their screwup.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Wish her luck. Crazy story.. watched the whole tiktok.. which I never do. Good lesson for all. There's a job out there that needs her level of energy.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Spina is a former RU cheerleader.

If you watch the TikTok video which accompanies the story, you'll see a master's class on how to simultaneously talk and apply makeup...lol

It's an odd story with some details left out. Why would the HR Department decide to "go in another direction" after the Head Coach spent hours and significant $$ bringing in his chosen assistant? I get that the hiring protocols weren't followed, but it feels from reading that that they punished her for the faults of the head coach or maybe he wasn't authorized to make the hire.

It's an odd story with some details left out. Why would the HR Department decide to "go in another direction" after the Head Coach spent hours and significant $$ bringing in his chosen assistant? I get that the hiring protocols weren't followed, but it feels from reading that that they punished her for the faults of the head coach or maybe he wasn't authorized to make the hire.
(guessing) Some VIP family member somewhere was told they'd get the job (I'd love to know the end of the story.. who got the job and who hired her). The guy that hired her had no idea that was going on. He had responsibility.. but no authority. OR.. Mel Tuckerish kinda thing going on his mind?

Reactions: angmo and newell138
In no large entity can a manager completely bypass HR to extend an employment offer. HR here probably saw fewer headaches by making it (her) go away instead of agreeing to a suspect deal.

Yea this story doesn’t make much sense. i don’t know how someone could make a multi state move without an offer letter/HR official offer.

Early on in my career I interviewed with a large institution and met with multiple people over many weeks. Was offered a position. Discussed compensation details. When I finally met with HR prior to taking the position the compensation numbers were considerably different and almost lead to turning down the position. Until we got it all cleaned up. The department head had the ability to hire but was not allowed to negotiate compensation without HR oversight. This stayed with me my entire career and it made me more aware of the process form both sides of the desk. I would not interview very long without having HR authorization.

Sounds like this coach got ahead of himself and extended an offer without authorization and thought he could push it through.

Last edited:
Frankly, this girl needs an employment attorney. There are clear damages that she needs to be compensated for.

“Never received and offer letter”. In other words she’s a dingbat & SOL. They must be handing out Rutgers degrees like candy nowadays.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT