ADVERTISEMENT

OT: SSAN Disability Non-Attorney Representatives

rutexan84

Senior
Dec 17, 2008
Cowtown.
I was wondering if anyone on this board is such a rep or has any experience with the program. It's supposed to be a potentially lucrative endeavor that requires passing a rigid and fairly expensive qualification test.

I have 12 years of experience in the field and left it about 8 years ago and now I am doing mortgages. If I can help you out with anything email me jvalen1123@aol.com or call me at (973) 632-5762. I left the industry because when I opened my own company the rules changed that any person representing the client/patient had to be an attorney. I worked for 2 big companies that did this and were profitable but the only way to be profitable is if you can get the approval and the client/patient to pay you. The client does not have to pay you and any paper they sign can be thrown out in court. The way we made money is we took the patient from the beginning when they had no insurance and reviewed their medical records to make sure they qualified. Then we made the process all the way until they were granted SSDI. How the company got paid is thru the Medicaid the client received and the hospital bills Medicaid paid. Once the payments were made our fee was 17% of every payment. Made lots of money but when SSA required an attorney to represent the patient/client we were force to hire attorneys and we became dispensable.

Originally posted by jvgrad02:
I have 12 years of experience in the field and left it about 8 years ago and now I am doing mortgages. If I can help you out with anything email me jvalen1123@aol.com or call me at (973) 632-5762. I left the industry because when I opened my own company the rules changed that any person representing the client/patient had to be an attorney. I worked for 2 big companies that did this and were profitable but the only way to be profitable is if you can get the approval and the client/patient to pay you. The client does not have to pay you and any paper they sign can be thrown out in court. The way we made money is we took the patient from the beginning when they had no insurance and reviewed their medical records to make sure they qualified. Then we made the process all the way until they were granted SSDI. How the company got paid is thru the Medicaid the client received and the hospital bills Medicaid paid. Once the payments were made our fee was 17% of every payment. Made lots of money but when SSA required an attorney to represent the patient/client we were force to hire attorneys and we became dispensable.
Jvgrad02, I just sent you an email.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT