ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State series

If they improve, I hope we find someone else- going to say it for the ummpteenth time- 3 wins is much more important then who they are against. And now that playoffs have expanded- no one is really going to care about who they were either- maybe when it was a 4 team playoff but that didn't stop teams with zero P5 teams OOC from making the 4 team playoff.
We play 9 B1G games and an additional P5- this whole schedule thing is the dumbest thing in the world to bitch about.e
So then why not just schedule Wagner, Monmouth and Colgate every year ? Why even bother with FBS OOC at all and just end the 'championships' and the "we're not there yet" charade ?

Rutgers Hosting Long Beach State Transfer Jadon Jones

Gavin could play 2 or 3. If Gavin ends up being a 38-40% 3 pt shooting guy and his defense improves a lot there is a fit everywhere for someone with his length and offensive skills.

Now I am very unsure the above will happen.
You can have three of Gavin, Derkack, Jones, Acuff for one year, for next year. Which 3 do you choose?

Kansas State series

Do you think they’d stay on the schedule if they improve and sustain greater success ? Simple question yes or no.
If they improve, I hope we find someone else- going to say it for the ummpteenth time- 3 wins is much more important then who they are against. And now that playoffs have expanded- no one is really going to care about who they were either- maybe when it was a 4 team playoff but that didn't stop teams with zero P5 teams OOC from making the 4 team playoff.
We play 9 B1G games and an additional P5- this whole schedule thing is the dumbest thing in the world to bitch about.

Rutgers Hosting Long Beach State Transfer Jadon Jones

That's what I've been saying. Most of these guys play 1-4 somewhat interchangeably. There would be no room for a GG to get big minutes to develop on a team like this.
Gavin could play 2 or 3. If Gavin ends up being a 38-40% 3 pt shooting guy and his defense improves a lot there is a fit everywhere for someone with his length and offensive skills.

Now I am very unsure the above will happen.

OT: Syracuse HC Fran Brown on GETTING THE JOB + Trev Alberts Interview

Fran was a desperation hire. No other school would look at him as a HC.

He's a recruiter. And a very below average at best coach. The HC role requires a lot more than recruiting chops. That's more the assistants job.

He's in way over his head. But let's be real. You hire a guy like Fran when you have no viable options. Long shot, but their only shot.
What does "very below average" mean ? And, how do you know ?

Projected Minutes Distribution/Roster

Now that the roster is coming into focus, and we have a lot of good players, let's play the Project the Minutes Distribution Game

To make it easy, and since Pike indicated that he is trying to play "positionless" basketball with a lot of interchangeable players, let's lump the 1-2 position and 3-4 positions together.

Also, make your projections to be the average of the first 5 games.

Sample roster below with players organized by group and years of eligibility (I put 1 year for Ace and Dylan to be practical) in parentheses. Keep in mind, Jones and Derkack, even JWill, are guards but could easily play the 3. Also, some multi-year players may be willing to wait their turn as we lose a lot of one and done players in 2026:

1-2: Harper (1), Acuff (1), Jones/TBD (1/TBD), Williams (2), Derkack (2), Davis (3)
3-4: Bailey (1), Martini (1), Grant (4), Dortch (3)
5: TBD (1/TBD), Egbole (2), Sommerville (4)

So:

1-2, 80 mins:
3-4 80 mins:
5, 40 mins:

OT: John Sterling, NYY Play by Play retires

Seems like an odd time to retire. 3 weeks into the season.
Hopefully it’s just a case of thinking this is the time
From what I read, I think so. These guys set a standard for themselves and when they feel they can't meet it, they would rather make the call than have someone do it for them. He was also going to do less games this year anyway. It's really amazing that his run was this long.

BB Recruiting Rutgers lands Merrimack transfer G Jordan Derkack

You have been saying this about Harper for a while now. If you watch the games, you can see that Harper will absolutely be one of our primary ballhandlers. He is DEADLY on high PnR and getting downhill. You don't want him parked in the corner.

Does that mean he will play "PG" his entire 30 minutes on the floor? No. But he will be one of the primary guys handling the ball.
Absolutely agree ! He is one of the smartest players to come out of HS ever! His understanding of floor spacing and player movement is a decade past where he should be which makes so impressive. He needs to be the primary ball handler as much as possible.
We need a Cam like player to be next too him not Jwill. Someone who can help handle the ball but is more of an off the ball shooter to create space.
Either way Dylan must have the ball to make decisions.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT