ADVERTISEMENT

#0 on Indiana is a dirty player

phlop87

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2003
#0 Johnson is a dirty player. He did the hook and hold on Paul at half court. Paul gets an offensive call against him. With 41 seconds left he pushes Cliff after the whistle, they look at it but dont give him anything. Then with 19 seconds he fouls paul, then shoulders him into the bench. Common foul for Johnson, flagrant 2 and ejection for Paul. Paul was in the wrong at the end and shouldn't have reacted but Johnson should have gotten a flagrant 1 at least

I actually think Paul is the instigator as he does this every game. Johnson finally got pissed and did shove him but then Paul took it too far. Paul is always looking to get hooked.

All in all not a big deal let's move on.

Reactions: Arizona Knight
He doesn't suck at basketball
He’s a really good and high intensity player. He went off the rails at the end there but everything else was pretty normal to me. Davison does it. Paul does it. I saw Davis taking shots at people against us and against Purdue but he also gets hit a lot so it works both ways. The guys I just mentioned aren’t as physical as Johnson but they mix it up plenty. Caleb too in a more physical way but while playing awesome D so it’s different for him.

In this game I saw Johnson bang into Geo on a closeup and hit his face with his head and Geo just flinched and laughed like I’m not falling for your crap. After he tangled up with Cliff I saw RHJ walking up the court laughing at him. It’s all part of the game. I haven’t watched Johnson a lot but he was definitely feisty against us. He wanted the W. All of that was fine but the last play on Paul was over the line because he saw his season coming to an end.

I went back and watched the last incident. Looks to me that Paul was trying to just free his arm and it looked like he was taking a swing but not sure that was intentional.
I am trying to take off my scarlet colored glasses but it looks very odd on the replays

Reactions: newell138
I went back and watched the last incident. Looks to me that Paul was trying to just free his arm and it looked like he was taking a swing but not sure that was intentional.
I am trying to take off my scarlet colored glasses but it looks very odd on the replays
It looked that way to me too. But the appearance was bad and the refs had to do something. Now, some of the talk about suspending Paul a game for that was ridiculous.

Reactions: RUBlackout
!00% Johnson is an instigator. If he's on your team, you (probably) like him, but you hate him if you're an opponent. All game he was trying to get the fans into it and every chance he went at the RU players - he had confrontations with Harper and Cliff besiders several with Paul. He went over the line, but I blame the refs because he got away with his crap and they never called fouls or gave him warnings - so he kept on going. IMHO, he's a punk like like Davison and Diabete.

Reactions: RU-AGK
Indiana fans think Mulcahy is dirty and Rutgers fans think Johnson is dirty. Reality is both players were extremely frustrated because both teams set out to disrupt those two players specifically. Caleb was all over Johnson and he had very little offensive impact. Same thing happened to Paul. They were all over him.

!00% Johnson is an instigator. If he's on your team, you (probably) like him, but you hate him if you're an opponent. All game he was trying to get the fans into it and every chance he went at the RU players - he had confrontations with Harper and Cliff besiders several with Paul. He went over the line, but I blame the refs because he got away with his crap and they never called fouls or gave him warnings - so he kept on going. IMHO, he's a punk like like Davison and Diabete.
All the other big ten teams think Paul is an instigator. He is, ever team needs one and I love it.

Indiana fans think Mulcahy is dirty and Rutgers fans think Johnson is dirty. Reality is both players were extremely frustrated because both teams set out to disrupt those two players specifically. Caleb was all over Johnson and he had very little offensive impact. Same thing happened to Paul. They were all over him.
That has been a theme with Paul in the last few games. Frustration. Hopefully we can reverse that trend and adjust on Sunday.

That has been a theme with Paul in the last few games. Frustration. Hopefully we can reverse that trend and adjust on Sunday.
Teams are going after him. They know he will get frustrated and they make it difficult for him. RU needs to make some adjustments to get Paul going.

Teams are going after him. They know he will get frustrated and they make it difficult for him. RU needs to make some adjustments to get Paul going.
Yup. And he needs to stop taking the bait too. I think he will - I think getting ejected at that time with so much at stake was an eye-opening moment for him.

Reactions: SBP
He’s a really good and high intensity player. He went off the rails at the end there but everything else was pretty normal to me. Davison does it. Paul does it. I saw Davis taking shots at people against us and against Purdue but he also gets hit a lot so it works both ways. The guys I just mentioned aren’t as physical as Johnson but they mix it up plenty. Caleb too in a more physical way but while playing awesome D so it’s different for him.

In this game I saw Johnson bang into Geo on a closeup and hit his face with his head and Geo just flinched and laughed like I’m not falling for your crap. After he tangled up with Cliff I saw RHJ walking up the court laughing at him. It’s all part of the game. I haven’t watched Johnson a lot but he was definitely feisty against us. He wanted the W. All of that was fine but the last play on Paul was over the line because he saw his season coming to an end.
The Cliff one was hilarious. He's like 8 inches bigger than XJ. Ron laughing was the right response. Everyone knows he doesn't really want a piece of Cliff

He was goading our guys all game to get someone to lose their cool and it paid off. Cliff came close to getting a T reacting to him too. Cliff has reacted like that several times in the past. Just hope it doesn't burn us at the wrong time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT