ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Wrestling News

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a supersonic BOOM!!!! from Goody on this one. Hopefully the training partners, new facilities, the stacked recruiting class and the skyward trend in our program have helped tip the scales in our favor.

GIVE US THE BOOM A.J.!!

Interesting that we aren't going to OKST this year. Is it not anytime soon or maybe next year?
John Smith's crybaby antics probably led to Okie State cancelling. Hope he sheds more tears when Ferrari commits to RU. The West Coast trip sounds interesting. My guess is it'll be Cal Poly though for the 3rd dual opponent.

John Smith's crybaby antics probably led to Okie State cancelling. Hope he sheds more tears when Ferrari commits to RU. The West Coast trip sounds interesting. My guess is it'll be Cal Poly though for the 3rd dual opponent.
Cal Poly is D1, it says lower division so guessing not them.

Couldn’t be happier to announce this addition!! Welcome to the #ScrapLife team @AnthonyAshnault!! #Mobbin https://www.scraplife.com/collections/anthony-ashnault.html…

EA7I0SmUwAARotP.jpg

Just accidentally stumbled upon this picture. It is from 2008-2009, taken at Ohio State, and does anyone else think that the kid to the left with the CCCP shirt (interesting and impressive indeed!) is Joey McKenna? Sure looks like him.
08COLALLSTAR7808.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Did Ryan Anderson qualify academically? I could be mistaken but I thought I read on here he didn't.

I heard he did not, guess we will find out soon.. I heard the local coaches in the Lehigh Valley were trying to talk him into enrolling at Northampton CC. Heard he's also considering one of the Community Colleges in Iowa. Richie Lewis and Pat Downey both went that route at Iowa Central CC.

Last edited:
I heard he did not, guess we will find out soon.. I heard the local coaches in the Lehigh Valley were trying to talk him into enrolling at Northampton CC. Heard he's also considering one of the Community Colleges in Iowa. Richie Lewis and Pat Downey both went that route at Iowa Central CC.
Would be a great pay back if he goes to Iowa Central CC and we screw Iowa St. on this one. I have not forgotten the Hall tampering.

It's less likely-most of the studs who go to our community colleges to wrestle go to Iowa Central-but we have 4-5 community colleges here where he could end up.

Just saw Union County College in Cranford is adding wrestling this year.

I saw that as well. Named an assistant from St. Joes in Montvale as the HC. Seems to have good credentials at the HS level and there was a very supportive quote from Goodale in the release. Have to admit being surprised that schools are adding wrestling at the lower levels. Evidently 5 CCs in NJ have programs.

I saw that as well. Named an assistant from St. Joes in Montvale as the HC. Seems to have good credentials at the HS level and there was a very supportive quote from Goodale in the release. Have to admit being surprised that schools are adding wrestling at the lower levels. Evidently 5 CCs in NJ have programs.

This can only help Rutgers should UCC become an elite JUCO program.

I heard a lot of kids did privates with him.As developed many middle to high school wrestlers over the years.Well respected overall with connections Goodale.It will definitely help our program in the long run.

Last edited:
USA Wrestling‏Verified account@USAWrestling 29m29 minutes ago
74 kg: Jordan Burroughs is a THREE-TIME Pan Am Games champion! He defeats Franklin Gomez, 4-1! #Lima2019

USA Wrestling‏Verified account@USAWrestling 21m21 minutes ago
86 kg: Downey goes upper body and throws Moore for four then gets the fall in 2:52! Pan Am Games bronze! #Lima2019

USA Wrestling‏Verified account@USAWrestling 1m1 minute ago
97 kg: Kyle Snyder wins his second Pan Am Games title with a 9-3 win over Diaz!
Nice work Pat!!! Does medalling get him one step closer to Tokyo?

Last edited:
What in God's name is Franklin Gomez doing at 163!!?? He either cut a world record amount of weight at Michigan State or he's grown considerably. WOWZA!

Who's #1 moved to Carver Hawkeye. I'm interested to see attendance/ticket sales, and wonder if we tried to get it at The RAC.

Reactions: Road Crew STU
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT