ADVERTISEMENT

2020 KenPom has us 63rd

Good post Hawk. This is a newer and better team, period (yes, I know it remains to be seen, but still). It is no longer Eugene-centric, Baker-centric or Sanders-centric. It is a complete TEAM.

If we need a leader to step up and bring focus to the team during in-game situations, it could be Baker, Ron, Carter, Kwasi or someone else. If we need someone to step up in the end-game to carry us to victory, it could be Mathis, Caleb, Young, Myles or others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scangg
So if we’re ranked 63rd by KenPom and there’s 68 teams that dance then what am I missing?

I’m not the sharpest crayon in the box but to me ol’ Kenny thinks we’re good enough to tango....

The one bid leagues that are ranked lower than us get invites regardless of KenPom. Lol

Trying to look at it optimistically...

Last year's defense was last year's defense. Pike installed the defense he did because of the personnel he had, playing to their strengths and trying to cover for their weaknesses. Omoruyi played a large role in that scheme and had to step up a lot of help defense... possibly because of true freshmen defending on the perimeter and a less mobile non-shotblocking center behind him.

This year's defense will be this year's defense. Different personnel, more experienced, a little more positionless, and more quality depth - it's possible that with this year's personnel, there would have been less of a need for Omoruyi to play the role he did in clogging lanes at the second level.

If we were rolling into this season with the exact same personnel and years of experience as last year, but without Omoruyi, there would definitely have been a void. Thankfully we aren't, so we'll see what the defense looks like in a few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT