ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2020 PF Dean Reiber commits to Rutgers

In a couple of those clips he was using both hands well. Goes to his left with the dribble. Nice to see. Looks like a good upside with time and development. Good get.

Agree with consensus. Good job recruiting by staff. Expect efficiency. Welcome to the Banks, Dean Reiber! Rising tide on the Raritan!

And unlike Chandler Parsons whose grandfather attended Rutgers (and played hoops, to boot), Reiber chose to go the legacy route.

How's his wingspan? Looks to be blocking shots without jumping in some of his tape.

And unlike Chandler Parsons whose grandfather attended Rutgers (and played hoops, to boot), Reiber chose to go the legacy route.
People tell me that everyone around Parsons was pushing him to Florida. I wasn't covering UF recruiting back then so I can only take them at face value

Why, cause he’s tall, thin and white? Gosh, I hope he’s a lot better than that.

Honestly, when I was watching one of the clips above, I felt like i was watching a Larry Bird clone in many ways.

Yes. He has good size and good hands. Can dribble, pass and shoot. He has some inside/outside ability and is a better than average athlete.

See above. Bird was all that and more. If Reiber ends up anywhere near the way Larry played, it would be awesome. Welcome Dean!

Honestly, when I was watching one of the clips above, I felt like i was watching a Larry Bird clone in many ways.

See above. Bird was all that and more. If Reiber ends up anywhere near the way Larry played, it would be awesome. Welcome Dean!
Sweet Jesus. 'a Larry Bird clone in many ways.' Are you seriously comparing this kid to one of the greatest NBA players of all-time?

I can't even.

Reactions: gregkoko
Sweet Jesus. 'a Larry Bird clone in many ways.' Are you seriously comparing this kid to one of the greatest NBA players of all-time?

I can't even.

That's great...I love when people twist words around to sensationalize a thought. Either way, the size is close, the jump shot looked similar on a little baseline shot, even the reverse layup looked like something Larry did with the Celtics. Bird wasn't fast but was shifty. Traits I see with Reiber. Give it a rest. I didn't call him Bird. I said there were many things that reminded me of him and I wish Reiber would be ANYWHERE NEAR to what Bird did. Some people look to pick apart anything. Holy crap! Maybe I should be sorry for a little enthusiasm but I won't be. Perhaps you should be for your over critical analysis of my enthusiasm.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
That's great...I love when people twist words around to sensationalize a thought. Either way, the size is close, the jump shot looked similar on a little baseline shot, even the reverse layup looked like something Larry did with the Celtics. Bird wasn't fast but was shifty. Traits I see with Reiber. Give it a rest. I didn't call him Bird. I said there were many things that reminded me of him and I wish Reiber would be ANYWHERE NEAR to what Bird did. Some people look to pick apart anything. Holy crap! Maybe I should be sorry for a little enthusiasm but I won't be. Perhaps you should be for your over critical analysis of my enthusiasm.
I never said you did call him Bird.

You're the one that said "I felt like i was watching a Larry Bird clone in many ways."

How did I twist your words around to sensationalize a thought when all I did was literally ask a question? Which was: Are you seriously comparing this kid to one of the greatest NBA players of all-time?

Btw, since a clone is genetically identical to another organism you sorta did call him Bird.

I never said you did call him Bird.

You're the one that said "I felt like i was watching a Larry Bird clone in many ways."

How did I twist your words around to sensationalize a thought when all I did was literally ask a question? Which was: Are you seriously comparing this kid to one of the greatest NBA players of all-time?

Btw, since a clone is genetically identical to another organism you sorta did call him Bird.
I thought he was mocking other posters that compare any new recruit to an NBA legend. I guess he wasn't kidding!

Reactions: Russ Wood
I have to admit, I saw a little Bird in his game too.
No one is saying he is the next Larry Bird but that doesnt mean that some of his movements can't look like him

On the other hand, Reiber didn’t have an offer
from Florida (or similar type school) I think we are a good fit for him. And Pikiell has shown he brings in guys that can play (ignoring Souf right here, can’t figure that one out)

Reactions: AD888
Looking forward to some heavy Led Zep riffs over the soundsystem when he's rockin' and rollin' for us at the RAC!
EDUlpviUwAAaj-N.jpg

In the pic immediately above ^^ he reminds me of a John Lennon...Imagine that!

MO

Reactions: Russ Wood
On the other hand, Reiber didn’t have an offer
from Florida (or similar type school) I think we are a good fit for him. And Pikiell has shown he brings in guys that can play (ignoring Souf right here, can’t figure that one out)
Chandler played in relative anonymity in Florida. Gainesville is not New York. Missed an opportunity to shine on the biggest stage, as well as continue the legacy. Took the easy way out. To quote Marlon Brando ... “I coulda been a contender”. His best hope now is to attain sub-Troy Murphy status — multi-year NBA player with degrees from Notre Dame and Columbia.
(Tongue firmly in cheek).

Chandler played in relative anonymity in Florida. Gainesville is not New York. Missed an opportunity to shine on the biggest stage, as well as continue the legacy. Took the easy way out. To quote Marlon Brando ... “I coulda been a contender”. His best hope now is to attain sub-Troy Murphy status — multi-year NBA player with degrees from Notre Dame and Columbia.
Not everybody likes New York, I realize that might be shocking or even close to blasphemy on this particular board, but it is true. Being the second highest ranked prospect in the state of Florida and deciding to play for a program that had just won back-to-back NCAA titles is hardly taking the easy way out. If I'm not mistaken he signed a 4 year $94,438,523 contract with the Memphis Grizzlies. This season he'll earn $25,102,511 in Atlanta which, just a guess here, is slightly more than one-third of what Troy Murphy probably made in his entire career.

I gotta admit though that since Rutgers is not in New York your 'missed an opportunity to shine on the biggest stage' take was pretty funny.

He missed the chance to be coached by the great Fred Hill Jr. Had to suffer being coached by some nobody named Billy Donovan

Russ, I wouldn’t want my worst enemy to have to live, work, or go to school in New York City. After living in two southern states, I found the majority of people feel the same way. Somebody made a movie once where New York was turned into a huge prison-not much different than it actually is.

Not everybody likes New York, I realize that might be shocking or even close to blasphemy on this particular board, but it is true. Being the second highest ranked prospect in the state of Florida and deciding to play for a program that had just won back-to-back NCAA titles is hardly taking the easy way out. If I'm not mistaken he signed a 4 year $94,438,523 contract with the Memphis Grizzlies. This season he'll earn $25,102,511 in Atlanta which, just a guess here, is slightly more than one-third of what Troy Murphy probably made in his entire career.

I gotta admit though that since Rutgers is not in New York your 'missed an opportunity to shine on the biggest stage' take was pretty funny.
What I wrote was tongue-in-cheek. I do not follow pro sports. Is Parsons’ contract notable? Seems like everyone makes big bucks in the NBA. Frankly, most sports fans have no idea who Chandler Parsons is. Probably the tellers at his bank know.

New York is the greatest city in the world and 2/3 of NJ is the neighborhoods and suburbs that comprise it. While there is no accounting for taste, and lots of people have lots of different preferences (some people don't like bacon for godsakes), NY is king of the world and that is undeniably true.

What I wrote was tongue-in-cheek. I do not follow pro sports. Is Parsons’ contract notable? Seems like everyone makes big bucks in the NBA. Frankly, most sports fans have no idea who Chandler Parsons is. Probably the tellers at his bank know.
It is notable compared to Murphy's and probably notable for someone who took the easy way out as you put it.

New York is the greatest city in the world and 2/3 of NJ is the neighborhoods and suburbs that comprise it. While there is no accounting for taste, and lots of people have lots of different preferences (some people don't like bacon for godsakes), NY is king of the world and that is undeniably true.
LOL okay.

Really like this kid game a lot. Think we will be pretty happy with him

Now need a center to go with him ...

Typical CNN. Headline says one thing, but by the time you get to the fourth paragraph it says something else.

Headline says world's most exciting city. Then it becomes the city most people wanted to visit this year.

At one point I wanted to visit NYC. Then I did and was like "please don't make me go there again," but I had to go four more times on business. Then it got to the point where I turned down trips where my flight and hotel would be paid for, a Jennifer Lopez CD release party and a Michael Jackson concert, because they were in NYC.

But that's me. Like I said before, not everybody likes New York. Not everyone wants to live there, even if it's free room and board for four years, but it is an exciting city that millions want to visit...and then leave.

I'll be sure to tell all of the New Yorkers I meet in Florida that they need to go back because NYC is the greatest city in the world and reference the article you linked.

Typical CNN. Headline says one thing, but by the time you get to the fourth paragraph it says something else.

Headline says world's most exciting city. Then it becomes the city most people wanted to visit this year.

At one point I wanted to visit NYC. Then I did and was like "please don't make me go there again," but I had to go four more times on business. Then it got to the point where I turned down trips where my flight and hotel would be paid for, a Jennifer Lopez CD release party and a Michael Jackson concert, because they were in NYC.

But that's me. Like I said before, not everybody likes New York. Not everyone wants to live there, even if it's free room and board for four years, but it is an exciting city that millions want to visit...and then leave.

I'll be sure to tell all of the New Yorkers I meet in Florida that they need to go back because NYC is the greatest city in the world and reference the article you linked.
As Fran Liebowitz said about Bernie Sanders: "I don't trust anyone that would move from Manhattan TO Vermont in their 20's".

Now retirement age is another matter...

Apparently it was both. "The Time Out Index 2019 also indicated that New York was the city most people wanted to visit this year."

Personally, I'm not a big fan of NYC. "Big cities" aren't really my thing - I much prefer smaller cities like Vancouver, Edinburgh, Portland, Munich, etc. But at the same time, I know that NYC is a huge draw for people all over the world and has a ton to offer that most other cities in the US don't have.

Reactions: BLewis1968

And they still refer to themselves as New Yorkers I bet...

Apparently it was both. "The Time Out Index 2019 also indicated that New York was the city most people wanted to visit this year."

Personally, I'm not a big fan of NYC. "Big cities" aren't really my thing - I much prefer smaller cities like Vancouver, Edinburgh, Portland, Munich, etc. But at the same time, I know that NYC is a huge draw for people all over the world and has a ton to offer that most other cities in the US don't have.
Portalnd meh. I could live in Vancouver very happily...great city.

Vancouver is nice. Friendly people.

And they still refer to themselves as New Yorkers I bet...
Yes, and at some point in the conversation they say something like "If this was New York" or "This wouldn't happen in New York" or "If we were in New York" which usually results in a "Then go back to New York" type of retorts.

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT