ADVERTISEMENT

2024 U23 NATIONALS AND U20 WORLD TEAM TRIALS Over 100 Nationally Ranked Wrestlers Headed To U23 Open/U20 Trials

bluemountain1967

Sophomore
Feb 8, 2020
Which Rutgers wrestlers or recruits are entered? Trials are in Ohio this weekend. The results should be an early indication of the top under 20 and under 23 college wrestlers for the upcoming season and the top high school kids who seek the best competition. The tournament should be highly predictive for the future.

I know pretty much every recruit wrestled at the National Duals this past weekend in VA Beach so not sure if that’s going limit participation.

Which Rutgers wrestlers or recruits are entered? Trials are in Ohio this weekend. The results should be an early indication of the top under 20 and under 23 college wrestlers for the upcoming season and the top high school kids who seek the best competition. The tournament should be highly predictive for the future.
You're right; it seems all the top competitors will be there.

I'm a big proponent of freestyle. I wish we had more guys competing here -- at the very least, you get to see top competition in the off season.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
It seems as if we are the only Big Ten team that doesn't have anyone competing. Does anyone know why?

There are a lot of Jersey connected kids registered including Mullen, Cardenas, both Dellagattas, Ungar, Ramirez, Ruiz, Henckel, Composto, Norman, Whalen, Brignola, Queen, Dekraker, Knox, and DeLuca. Not sure who will show up or if we will have any late registrants.

It seems as if we are the only Big Ten team that doesn't have anyone competing. Does anyone know why?

There are a lot of Jersey connected kids registered including Mullen, Cardenas, both Dellagattas, Ungar, Ramirez, Ruiz, Henckel, Composto, Norman, Whalen, Brignola, Queen, Dekraker, Knox, and DeLuca. Not sure who will show up or if we will have any late registrants.
Ask AD Hobbs

• Wow
Reactions: Leonard23
Bluemountain complains to Hobbs about the staff all the time. This will be another complaint from him to Hobbs why Goodale didn't send anyone to U20 or U23.
Lose the BS. If someone is complaining to Hobbs (must be someone with access ie. high level donor), Hobbs team is then relaying that to the staff and the staff is telling you, then you might just want to keep that to yourself rather than popping off on the board. Further, if your info is true, then it would seem to be horrible judgement and a violation of trust by Hobbs team and the staff to leak that info to you/allow that info to be discussed online. In this scenario Hobbs team and the staff would be better served trying to repair relationships with said big donor/s, don’t you think? Donors (some of them, large donors) read this board. I would be turned off from donating if I thought that Hobbs team and/or the staff couldn’t be trusted to keep any concerns I had private. I imagine others would feel the same.

Lose the BS. If someone is complaining to Hobbs (must be someone with access ie. high level donor), Hobbs team is then relaying that to the staff and the staff is telling you, then you might just want to keep that to yourself rather than popping off on the board. Further, if your info is true, then it would seem to be horrible judgement and a violation of trust by Hobbs team and the staff to leak that info to you/allow that info to be discussed online. In this scenario Hobbs team and the staff would be better served trying to repair relationships with said big donor/s, don’t you think? Donors (some of them, large donors) read this board. I would be turned off from donating if I thought that Hobbs team and/or the staff couldn’t be trusted to keep any concerns I had private. I imagine others would feel the same.
Anyone who complains to an AD about a coaches job at any level of school deserves to have that complaint publicized. It’s totally gutless.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Anyone who complains to an AD about a coaches job at any level of school deserves to have that complaint publicized. It’s totally gutless.
Please help me understand your thinking here. I hope what you mean is that if a donor complains to an AD without first making efforts to express concerns/resolve issues with the coach/coaches then it would be to use your term ‘gutless’. Otherwise I couldn’t disagree with you more. Anyone who genuinely cares about a program and backs that up with significant donations has a right to express their concerns, preferably privately, to anyone in a position to impact the program positively. Keeping those conversations private would seem to me to be out of respect for the program/a desire to not to make a negative public impact. I genuinely don’t follow your logic.

Please help me understand your thinking here. I hope what you mean is that if a donor complains to an AD without first making efforts to express concerns/resolve issues with the coach/coaches then it would be to use your term ‘gutless’. Otherwise I couldn’t disagree with you more. Anyone who genuinely cares about a program and backs that up with significant donations has a right to express their concerns, preferably privately, to anyone in a position to impact the program positively. Keeping those conversations private would seem to me to be out of respect for the program/a desire to not to make a negative public impact. I genuinely don’t follow your logic.
Thinking and logic are not his strong points. It is unprofessional for anyone in a job at Hobbs' level to share what is told to him in private. Don't expect much from the Giggle Triplets other than defensiveness and boundless loyalty.

Money doesn’t give you the right to make decisions, sorry. If you want to be the person that chooses to hire and fire, then apply for the job.

Money doesn’t give you the right to make decisions, sorry. If you want to be the person that chooses to hire and fire, then apply for the job.
You are deflecting and didn’t answer my question. Financial support gives you the right to get access to decision makers/to be heard. It also gives you the right to stop donating if and when you think your concerns aren’t being heard/poor decisions are being made/your money is being wasted. In the interest of the program, I think all of this is better done privately rather than publicly. You don’t?

I’ll ask my question again (based on Mike’s multiple comments about an individual speaking with Hobbs) what, in theory, is ‘gutless’ about, a donor, after showing a large amount of faith in a program (ie. donating large sums of money over time) determining that the results aren’t meeting expectations. The donor then approaches the coaching staff and expresses concern/offers suggestions/looks for solutions. When this doesn’t produce results, the donor goes to the AD to offer an opinion as to how to improve the program? Seems reasonable to me if this is what occurred. What would you do differently?

Reactions: LETSGORU91
You are deflecting and didn’t answer my question. Financial support gives you the right to get access to decision makers/to be heard. It also gives you the right to stop donating if and when you think your concerns aren’t being heard/poor decisions are being made/your money is being wasted. In the interest of the program, I think all of this is better done privately rather than publicly. You don’t?

I’ll ask my question again (based on Mike’s multiple comments about an individual speaking with Hobbs) what, in theory, is ‘gutless’ about, a donor, after showing a large amount of faith in a program (ie. donating large sums of money over time) determining that the results aren’t meeting expectations. The donor then approaches the coaching staff and expresses concern/offers suggestions/looks for solutions. When this doesn’t produce results, the donor goes to the AD to offer an opinion as to how to improve the program? Seems reasonable to me if this is what occurred. What would you do differently?
Being a donor doesn’t mean you know anything about anything. It just means you have money to spend and if you don’t like what you’re paying for then stop paying for it.

The biggest problem in sports, especially at the youth level, is that everyone has an opinion they’re too willing to share. A parent who thinks their kid is better than they are, a fan who thinks they know more than the people being paid to do so, etc. All of the athletes are trying. The coaches are trying. The ADs are trying. But no matter how hard people try and no matter how good the results, someone will always want more and think they know the way to get more. It rarely works out that way.

If someone is willing to go to an AD to badmouth a coach for example, then they can’t be upset if the AD badmouths them to someone else.

Who said the coaches told me anything. You guys trash talk the coaches and wrestlers every chance you get. The first time I call out bluemountain and that's an issue. You guys are a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT