ADVERTISEMENT

25.8%

RAC93

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2023
Was our FG percentage today, just looked this up in the box score. That is a stunning shooting percentage in any game……then factor in we played Stonehenge or whatever the hell………holy crap………starting to wonder if we have seen this team reach its low point or can it get worse??? They are not improving.

along came polly basketball GIF
s c r e a m i n g philip seymour hoffman GIF

Stone Hill made 10/12 foul shots while Rutgers shot bricks on their home court.You have to go back many years to find a Rutgers offense that is so inept in every offensive category.

Reactions: RAC93 and biazza38
Stone Hill made 10/12 foul shots while Rutgers shot bricks on their home court.You have to go back many years to find a Rutgers offense that is so inept in every offensive category.

It’s amazing how bad the offense is. A true team effort at this point. Everyone misses shots. I don’t see any magical solutions for Pike or the players. They play with an amazing lack of confidence and no passion or fire as well.

7-19 36.8% at the rim(within 5ft), 4-14 mid range, 3pt 5-28, 9-42 beyond 5ft
As a comparison,
VsLafayette 16-56 28.6%, 9-16 rim, 3-14 mid range, 3pt 4-26, 7-40 beyond 5ft

Reactions: RAC93
7 of 19 36.8% at the rim(within 5ft), 4-14 mid range, 3pt 5-28, 9-42 beyond 5ft
As a comparison,
Vs Lafayette 16-56 28.6%, 9-16 rim, 3-14 mid range, 3pt 4-26, 7-40 beyond 5ft

So we sucked against Lafayette and we sucked today…..we somehow walked away with a win today only because we got a late three today and Lafayette hit the late three to beat us. About the only difference between the two bad performances.

So we sucked against Lafayette and we sucked today…..we somehow walked away with a win today only because we got a late three today and Lafayette hit the late three to beat us. About the only difference between the two bad performances.
The difference we had Geo, Ron, Paul, Caleb and Cliff that day and lost.

Reactions: biazza38 and RAC93
The difference we had Geo, Ron, Paul, Caleb and Cliff that day and lost.
We already tumbled a little more than 20 spots in KenPom I believe after today’s win/loss. I think Lafayette was about the same 25 spots or so. Don’t know why I am talking about metrics like KenPom or NET for that matter at this point other than for factual discussion. They really don’t matter this year.

Around the 4 minute mark we were up one and two of Stonehill’s frontcourt players (#21 and #22) had 4 fouls each. Instead of attacking those two I think we ended up shooting threes on four straight possessions.

Then of course #21 ends up hitting a three to give them the lead.

Just awful execution.

Around the 4 minute mark we were up one and two of Stonehill’s frontcourt players (#21 and #22) had 4 fouls each. Instead of attacking those two I think we ended up shooting threes on four straight possessions.

Then of course #21 ends up hitting a three to give them the lead.

Just awful execution.

We looked lost against a Stonehenge zone defense

Even though this is a win this game tanks our NET with our best win against a likely bottom dwelling SHU

We really have no realistic path to the NCAA tournament bc of our OOC performance

Reactions: RAC93 and cm_13
We Won the Game.

Shame that we put ourselves in that position but we showed some guts and won.

Not sure why everyone is quitting.

A few Big 10 teams have lost these games and we have avoided them.

Losing to MSU (neutral), Princeton (neutral), Illinois (Home), and Wake (Away) are not killer loses.

Reactions: cshelley
We Won the Game.

Losing to MSU (neutral), Princeton (neutral), Illinois (Home), and Wake (Away) are not killer loses.
Winning this game will drop our NET by 20 points

We Won the Game.

The problem is we don’t have a single good win. Our OOC is such a negative that we would probably have to win 13 conference games to get into the Tournament, which is obviously not happening.

This why you pay in the BIG.

We beat SHU on road and how are results any different then in the past.

This why you pay in the BIG.

We beat SHU on road and how are results any different then in the past.
We have gone 1 - 3 against quality opponents. Assuming the entire conference is quality, that projects to 5 wins.
Other than the SHU game, have you seen anything from this team that indicates they can win 12 conference games?
I appreciate that you always like to be positive, this team has not proven that they can win 12 more games and make the tournament.

We have gone 1 - 3 against quality opponents. Assuming the entire conference is quality, that projects to 5 wins.
Other than the SHU game, have you seen anything from this team that indicates they can win 12 conference games?
I appreciate that you always like to be positive, this team has not proven that they can win 12 more games and make the tournament.
You think what you want about the season. IMHO it will only get better not worse.

But if we beat Stonehill by 30 your premise is we still stink, so why are you bitching about this game. Yes we are 1-3 against quality teams but we only got run out of the gym by Illinois.

A few BIG teams have lost to worse. So far no Q4 losses.

We Won the Game.

Fans are quitting because of how bad they look through 12 games, a rather large sample size.

Reactions: biazza38
1-4 against quality opponents, beat SHU, lost to Princeton, Wake, Illinois and Miss. State

This was as bad of a basketball game as I’ve seen. What was the stat? 14 minutes and 1 fg against Stonehill. What’s coach doing? I’m disgusted

Worst Case Scenario.

BTW: Ony NET drop of 10 but I guess we should shut the season down.

The NET drop not as bad as expected, they do not have any bad losses (Q4/Q3), and they sit at 94, which is not terrible. However, the eye test of what they looked like in the 5 real games they played is what is so concerning. I am not being sarcastic, not being argumentative, but you are much more positive than I am and others might be at this point. What have you seen or do you foresee that is making you so positive? Is it just the opportunity of Q1/Q2 games with the 19 Big Ten games remaining on schedule? Legit want to know, not attacking you.

Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Not to defend the performance as it was hideous but the Big 10 is lousy this year and not one team other than Purdue that makes you shake in your boots. Now they might play well against Rutgers but that is because how dreadful we are playing.if we do not improve. But against the rest of the country against teams with a pulse nothing to write home about. Lots of inconsistency across the whole league. Pike better start coaching because he has not corrected the obvious problem of rebounding or his guards passing the ball properly.

The NET drop not as bad as expected, they do not have any bad losses (Q4/Q3), and they sit at 94, which is not terrible. However, the eye test of what they looked like in the 5 real games they played is what is so concerning. I am not being sarcastic, not being argumentative, but you are much more positive than I am and others might be at this point. What have you seen or do you foresee that is making you so positive? Is it just the opportunity of Q1/Q2 games with the 19 Big Ten games remaining on schedule? Legit want to know, not attacking you.
Agree but maybe this game wakes them up a little.

Missing Davis was huge.

Playing only 3 games over a 20 game span did not help either.

Not to defend the performance as it was hideous but the Big 10 is lousy this year and not one team other than Purdue that makes you shake in your boots. Now they might play well against Rutgers but that is because how dreadful we are playing.if we do not improve. But against the rest of the country against teams with a pulse nothing to write home about. Lots of inconsistency across the whole league. Pike better start coaching because he has not corrected the obvious problem of rebounding or his guards passing the ball properly.
The league overall is easily the weakest it’s been in a while..and right now we might be the weakest of the weak. I do think we pull a few good surprises along the way, however. I worry that the RAC home court advantage is starting to lose its luster, mostly due to the physical and mental make-up of this team.

The league overall is easily the weakest it’s been in a while..and right now we might be the weakest of the weak. I do think we pull a few good surprises along the way, however. I worry that the RAC home court advantage is starting to lose its luster, mostly due to the physical and mental make-up of this team.

I see it the same way, the league looks BAD this year HOWEVER we also look BAD. The opportunity is there to get wins but this group struggles in so many areas of the game and lacks talent that it does not look possible. In previous seasons we had guys named Ron, Geo, Caleb, Jacob, Paul, Cam to make this team go on a run of wins. Unfortunately, none of those guys are walking through that door anymore.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Yeah was going to say we of course barely shot over 50% from the free throw line
Take out Derek from the free throw line and we probably shot maybe 40% from the line

SHU is not a quality opponent this year.
It was a big rivalry win on the road and less than 2 weeks later the Hall took down a UConn team no one thought would loss again this year and beat them by 15 on the same court we played them. You can minimize the win or call it not quality looking purely at the NET but it was a real good unexpected quality win for a Big 10 team against a BiG East team kinda like Rutgers beating Miami in football.

It was a big rivalry win on the road and less than 2 weeks later the Hall took down a UConn team no one thought would loss again this year and beat them by 15 on the same court we played them. You can minimize the win or call it not quality looking purely at the NET but it was a real good unexpected quality win for a Big 10 team against a BiG East team kinda like Rutgers beating Miami in football.
By the end of the year, they will be at the bottom of the Big East

SHU is not a quality opponent this year.
It’s a quality win, win on the road, will end up at least a Q2, if SHU outperforms its projections then it could be a Q1 win. Not the same as beating Purdue or Illinois, I get it……but it’s also not like beating Georgetown on a home court, which is a near meaningless win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT