ADVERTISEMENT

27 - 33 for 342yds, 4 td and 1 int = Passer rating of 202.8

RealityChech2

Senior
Mar 21, 2007
These numbers are fantastic numbers, he did make a couple of mistakes but the way some of the people on this board act it's as though he had 1td and 4ints with a passer rating of 50.

Just for comparison Nova had a passer rating of 145.3 last year with 22 tds and 12 ints.

Connor Cook the MSU QB has a 133.1 rating, 35 - 63 for 448 yds, 4tds 1 int.

Lies and statistics. No one says his stats are bad. But if you actually watch the game, watch how he throws and know anything about football, you can understand the frustration. Especially after seeing Rettig and knowing what he can do.

Yeah, the stats aren't telling the whole story (and this coming from someone who loves stats).

My biggest gripe in the game were the bonehead decisions at points. Specifically, the two "let me try to throw this away across my body into coverage" throws and the fumble.
Looking at the fumble again, though, it appears as though he would have had Carroo for first down yardage if he were able to make that throw - but it slipped out of his hand. I had wondered why he didn't just throw it away, when I saw at the very end of the replay Carroo alone by the sideline about 10-15 yards downfield. Still, though, need to throw it away there, especially on 1st down.

I think Laviano is prone to "hero ball" a bit - needs to settle down and take what's there, rather than trying to make things out of thin air.

Even with his 2 TOs, though, he played a fairly solid game. If it weren't for a ton of penalties, our offensive production would have looked a lot better.

Lies and statistics. No one says his stats are bad. But if you actually watch the game, watch how he throws and know anything about football, you can understand the frustration. Especially after seeing Rettig and knowing what he can do.
You are right, I know nothing about football, that is why I leave it up to guys like you to tell me how it really is.

I am sure you would prefer to have a QB throwing 50% and 1td to 4 int ratio as long as he can throw it 80yds on a rope.

LOL, the issue with Laviano, as with Nova, are not cumulative stats. It's decision-making. It took a sum total of one half of one game against real competition to see that Laviano tries to do too much and makes stupid mistakes. Nova didn't improve enough in his 4 years with regards to this issue. Here's hoping Laviano gets better, but in my opinion he doesn't deserve the long leash Nova was given because of his overall lack of accomplishments and experience and the presence of Rettig as his backup.

The Laviano fanboys here were so smug and condescending over the last week, it would be nice if they would just give it a rest in aftermath of a bad game.

You are right, I know nothing about football, that is why I leave it up to guys like you to tell me how it really is.

I am sure you would prefer to have a QB throwing 50% and 1td to 4 int ratio as long as he can throw it 80yds on a rope.
Chad Pennington had a better NFL completion percentage than Tom Brady, but once defenses realized they didn't have to worry about any long passes that completion percentage translated into a lot of mediocre W/L records.

When you look at the top QB ratings for the nation, LAviano is not included in the list since he only attempted 33 passes, the sample is too small. I guess he was the best QB in the world last week 4-4 3 TD. Rutgers has the two best QB in the NFL and college since both have a 80 % completion rate.

Heavily weighted on the Norfolk game with their great defense.

When you look at the top QB ratings for the nation, LAviano is not included in the list since he only attempted 33 passes, the sample is too small. I guess he was the best QB in the world last week 4-4 3 TD. Rutgers has the two best QB in the NFL and college since both have a 80 % completion rate.
Yes, the OP tried to sneak in last week's and posted combined stats.

Yes, the OP tried to sneak in last week's and posted combined stats.
This OP did not try to sneak anything in because only a Moron would think that Laviano threw 4 tds in last nights game. Those stats are for both games as his total body of work.

Whitebus don't respond to any of my posts. I think you are a class 1 ahole and if I ever met you in person i would knock you the F5(% out in 1 shot PUNK!

This OP did not try to sneak anything in because only a Moron would think that Laviano threw 4 tds in last nights game. Those stats are for both games as his total body of work.

Whitebus don't respond to any of my posts. I think you are a class 1 ahole and if I ever met you in person i would knock you the F5(% out in 1 shot PUNK!
images

I think you need some counseling for anger management.
Also if you post on a free message board expect critism especially with the nonsense you are trying to push on this thread. Grow u p!

Fantasy leagues have bred a stupid generation of Football fans.

I'd argue fantasy football has improved the knowledge of the average football fan. But that has nothing to do with this thread.

As others have said Laviano hasn't looked as good as his numbers with the near INT and fumble. He's not the big problem for RU now though, the D is. McDaniels has done a good job of giving the QBs good reads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT