ADVERTISEMENT

3 people spoke to Francesca about Rutgers ...

kennyschiano

All Conference
Gold Member
May 12, 2005
not one of them mentioned schianos first 2 years or our recruiting class. How is that possible that the three people who got through on the line were that disconnected from what we on here know and think?

People are stupid and I called yesterday and mentioned the Iowa game. I do not think Mike even heard what I said. Because according to Mike we could not possibly compete with Iowa. I called the Sunday show.

Maybe Mike's right. Maybe we don't belong. Starting to really think that.

Well then neither do Perdue, Illinois, Indiana, Minny, or Maryland for that matter.

Relax we're in a mostly talentless rebuilding year where we played 3 of the top five teams in the nation (two on the road) with a rookie coaching staff. We are not off track to be a decent team in the B1G.

Last edited:
Boogie Knight, did you watch the game vs Iowa? Ran the ball for over 200 yards. Need a quarterback.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
People are stupid and I called yesterday and mentioned the Iowa game. I do not think Mike even heard what I said. Because according to Mike we could not possibly compete with Iowa. I called the Sunday show.

Mike is nothing but an Ass Clown......He is a pompous jerk, they only sports people I cannot not stand more than him are Skip Bayless and Steve A Smith

Except he said it two years ago and a guy called him up and he said I never said it. I guess he was embarrassed that we actually won the game. I read on line that Texas A;M' lost to someone in 2003 77-0. Maybe Oklahoma beat them that bad.

Boogie Knight, did you watch the game vs Iowcurrently n the ball for over 200 yards. Need a quarterback.
Who cares..we lost...a guy like Mike and most of the college world cares about results...current we deserve laughingstock status and have done very little except 1 year in 2006 to prove we belong

Reactions: TheRacRU
kenny from Wyckoff is a joke. Kenny wanted Joe B to go to Ohio State game last year. I was like bring him to like Maryland game not OSU.

Reactions: MikeR0102
We lost 78-0...he has every right to crap on us..in fact he predicted Michigan would hang an 80 on us and he was right

Rutgers got their worst loss in modern history handed to them. It most likely was the worst loss in any major conference in 30 years plus

Congrats to Mke-finally got something right before he retired.

First - just a few years ago - when Meyer and Harbaugh weren't there yet - the B1G was sucky and lost most of its bowls for a decade. RU would have done well then. Heck a mediocre RU beat Michigan because they had spent years in the forest. No need to think the B1G is epic all the time.

Second - Francesa admitted he didn't know the recruiting situation. He said he heard that Flood not only left the recruit cupboard bare but that the "doors were ripped off the cupboard" and the "kitchen set on fire".

Third - Dom Imus got Francesa his radio break. After the Imus and Rutgers fiasco Francesa has always been down on RU. When RU does something well he mentions it quickly and "gives them their due". When RU does something wrong he waits to bring it up in a quiet moment and then casually twists the knife and then gently moves on. If RU did well in the B1G mike would be unhappy on a quiet level .

Please note he ONLY talks about Rutgers when something bad happens, not a freaking beep after he bashed Rutgers as a team that would never beat michigan only to beat Michigan a few weeks later. The only time he is ever nice to us is when a coach is on his show.

Right Scarlet, especially when a caller called him on Michigan hanging 80 on us. I never said that, what a jerk!

We lost 78-0...he has every right to crap on us..in fact he predicted Michigan would hang an 80 on us and he was right

Rutgers got their worst loss in modern history handed to them. It most likely was the worst loss in any major conference in 30 years plus

Actually in 2003 Oklahoma beat Texas A&M...a blue blood...77-0. Don't buy into all the crap you read and hear.

Still, I think we did this wrong. I think we should have joined the MAC 25 years ago, not the Big East. We could have competed with the 2nd tier regional talent we recruited in football and basketball. Then when all those local ties were grown strong, apply to the ACC and start grabbing the upper tier players.

Reactions: shields
I caught one of the calls in the car and then they played a portion of Ash's post game press conference. Mike wanted to make a couple of points. Harbaugh did not run up the score. Nobody would turn down joining the Big Ten even if they are going to be a doormat. Said Rutgers is lousy in both sports and has been for a long time. I guess he gives us little credit for the portion of the Schiano years. He suggested that thinking bringing Rutgers into the Big Ten brings NYC is nonsense. Made it sound like Delaney over estimated RU's potential but then went on through Delany bouquets for the BTN network and how much money it makes. I take no issue with his first few points but I think he has no idea how many TV sets are in NJ no less NYC. The conference didn't just renegotiate these new TV deals from a position of weakness.

Maybe we shouldn't run the hurry up offense when down 50-0 at halftime and keep giving the ball back for the opponent to pile up points. Make a darn adjustment and run the play clock down to 1 sec, that way you keep the blow out to maybe 40 or 50 instead of 80.

Reactions: bac2therac
F always rips RU. And the calls he takes about RU (whenever I am listening) are always negative. Ridiculous for him to say RU will always be a doormat. Maybe I am paranoid, but I think there is a Cuse cabal behind the curtain at FAN and ESPN that tries to keep us down.

When you lose 78 zero we as fans need to just shut up and deal with the criticism ....Recruit recruit recruit recruit and then recruit some more....block out the noise and recruit........anyone have a better idea?

In a couple of years when this thing turns around we'll all bask in the glory of revenge.

You may recall that during Super Bowl XLVIII, Francesca, Lupica and the other Big Apple elite considered this a New York City Super Bowl held in "Jersey". Mike Francesca thinks the sun shines out of his belly button. Why does anyone care what he thinks?

francesa-x-wide-community.jpg

Reactions: Peteyd
Actually in 2003 Oklahoma beat Texas A&M...a blue blood...77-0. Don't buy into all the crap you read and hear.

Still, I think we did this wrong. I think we should have joined the MAC 25 years ago, not the Big East. We could have competed with the 2nd tier regional talent we recruited in football and basketball. Then when all those local ties were grown strong, apply to the ACC and start grabbing the upper tier players.

Texas A&M isn't a blue blood.

And that was the closest thing to correct in your pathetic rant.

Francesa has been down on Rutgers since the fans berated him before the RU/Louisville game. He deserved it.
\
I thought it was ever since his buddy Graber got fired. Graber had him and Russo "coach" in the spring game one year. That and the fact he's still rooted in 1980s-era college football, back when he really was connected and knew his stuff.

Reactions: Zak57
Texas A&M isn't a blue blood.

And that was the closest thing to correct in your pathetic rant.

They are a better program than we will ever be. We should join the MAC and call it a day. Save the money and the grief. The politicians are just jockeying to get their hands on the Big Ten revenue when we get it anyway. You are naive if you think that money is going to be 100% reinvested back into athletics at New Brunswick campus.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT