ADVERTISEMENT

4 RU Frosh Make top 100 List

What I think they have problems with is non-club, non-hotbed players. But it remains a solid group. Quite a class for Syracuse. Otherwise about what I would historically expect except for Harvard. 6 on the list to compliment last year's excellent class. I think they're going to stay in the top tier which was not their history.

Proud of fellow alum, #8 Will Schaller. Has a younger brother who's a rising soph who played varsity last year.

Let's see if Syracuse's class lives up to the hype. It's considerable. Lotta pressure on young players to perform.

Again, I don't put a lot of credence in this rankings based on the success we've had without getting people on it, but it's pretty clear our guys are getting more recognition now.

We are tied with Georgetown, Yale and Michigan with 4. Ahead of schools like UNC, Cornell, and Hopkins to name a few.

This is a huge year for us. If we can get back the tournament and make another splash, the trajectory of this program is set.

We have the pieces to do it. Barring injury, I am really starting to like this team.

Reactions: patk89
Again, I don't put a lot of credence in this rankings based on the success we've had without getting people on it, but it's pretty clear our guys are getting more recognition now.

We are tied with Georgetown, Yale and Michigan with 4. Ahead of schools like UNC, Cornell, and Hopkins to name a few.

This is a huge year for us. If we can get back the tournament and make another splash, the trajectory of this program is set.

We have the pieces to do it. Barring injury, I am really starting to like this team.

I'm not sure I could find it, and would probably take too much time, but I'd love to see if the Kirst's made that list.

Hopkins on paper has had top 5 classes almost forever. Even the top class not too long ago.

We weren't anywhere close. We never had kids ranked on this top 100 list before outside of the rare one.

However, they play the games on the field. You don't need to be a lacrosse expert to see that we had better athletes and overall lacrosse players than Hopkins. Those games shouldn't have been close if you look at the rankings.

I can go on. UNC the same thing. When we played them to that OT game two years ago, they were a little deeper but overall talent level? On the rankings, miles a part. In reality? Not so much.

So either Brecht has an amazing eye and knows how to develop talent like no other coach in the country or the rankings are generally not great.

I think its somewhere in the middle. No question we outperform recruiting rankings by a large margin. The staff does a tremendous job of identifying the right kids. That's definitely a big piece of it.

There is some merit to the kids coming from these "emerging" areas and not being seen as much by these guys doing the evaluations. If they see them at all.

No question though our recruiting is getting better and better. Both in the coaches eyes and in the subjective rankings.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Let's see if Syracuse's class lives up to the hype. It's considerable. Lotta pressure on young players to perform.
Is this the Gary Gait effect? Living legend arriving at your house probably is a major positive in recruiting. But can he develop talent and win consistently?

I am not sure kids today have the same thoughts as players before them. He's certainly known, but now he's an overweight grey hair guy to kids today. Kids today have new heroes like every generation.

They closed on some kids with potential for sure. I think their other assistant is known as a really good recruiter.

Can Gait coach men's lacrosse? Simply rolling the balls out after recruiting talent won't win in todays game.

On a side note, the kid the D kid they flipped from us blew his knee out and is done for the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT