ADVERTISEMENT

5 B1G Teams In Top 10 This Week

Wow, huge move for PSU. Didn’t expect that kind of jump. Hopkins with a decent move too.

Maryland at 4 is bit of a stretch based solely on outcomes so far, but overall looks about right to me.

Next week will be interesting. We will have a really good idea of who is separating from the pack and I expect a good deal of movement in the polls next Monday.

It starts tomorrow with Virginia @ Hopkins. Hopkins follows that up Sat. @ Cuse.

Other interesting matchups in addition to our game vs. Princeton:

Loyola @ Duke
PSU @ Cornell
OSU @ ND

This week should go a long way towards establishing the pecking order among the B1G, Ivy & ACC before heading into the meat of conference play.

Love seeing B1G teams in the rankings. More opportunities for us.

I expect to see Hopkins fade. Massive game for Ohio St. . Their win over ND is what got them to the tourney last year. ND is obviously way better this year but OSU can't have an excess of OOC losses. That was also a bigger jump for PSU than I expected. I figured 11 or 12. Brown - UNC will say a lot about the number of Ivy and ACC teams that will make the postseason.

When you play a really great OOC schedule, you can absorb a couple losses if you also grab a couple wins…

MD is a great example. They’re taking big punches from everyone and they’re taking a couple lumps this year…but they’re still good

Loyola, even if they do lose at Duke will still be either a top ten or boarder line top ten team because they have wins over MD and Hop coupled with quality losses to RU and Duke (I hope they beat Duke BTW😉)

It hurt ND last year…they played 4 really tough OOC games but lost them all…that could be the predicament OSU might fall into here even though they did beat UNC

PSU with wins over Yale and Penn bump up and they’re loss to Nova doesn’t look terrible…

So lots of jockeying but in the end, you gotta win games that matter, avoid bad losses, and hope your conference RPI is high…

Fun times!

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Maryland at 4 is bit of a stretch based solely on outcomes so far, but overall looks about right to me.
I agree with this. Kudos to them for playing that schedule, but the outcomes don't lead me to put them at #4...

Maryland’s schedule is very challenging. Hopkins schedule is downright dumb imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT