ADVERTISEMENT

After 54 years, this Rutgers fan has submitted his written resignation effective March 14, 2023

“Please leave $1000 in small unmarked bills in a plain white envelope under the statue of Willie the Silent by noon on April 1st and I will consider becoming a fan again, otherwise it’s curtains for my Scarlet Knight bobblehead.”

I’ve said the same thing numerous times over the last thirty or so years. I just don’t post it online.

Anyway, I’m always back the next year cheering with the same enthusiasm. So to the poster I say, “Yup, I get it. See you next season.”

I hope it was the guy sitting next to me saying “don’t shoot” and then “oh we got lucky there” after it went in. After the 6th time he was wrong I turned to him and said “you should do that every posession.”

• Love
Reactions: dconifer
I call bullshit. The only fans that would quit on us are those who first came aboard in 2019-20. This guy probably claimed he was a fan of the Bulls, Cowboys, and Yankees at one point. Let him go buy an Alabama jersey and claim he’s heartbroken when they lose to Houston in the finals.

I call bullshit. The only fans that would quit on us are those who first came aboard in 2019-20. This guy probably claimed he was a fan of the Bulls, Cowboys, and Yankees at one point. Let him go buy an Alabama jersey and claim he’s heartbroken when they lose to Houston in the finals.
Calling it "Jersey Mike's Arena" is a little suscipious

On the far right side of the page even with the unhappy face there appears to be pencil mark.

Marker
Black pen
Blue pen
Red pen
Pencil

Used at least 5 different pens/pencils to write with.

My question why didn’t he write it on a piece of toilet paper?

At least then he could make use of that piece of trash.

Reactions: tm_nj
like the Littlepage comment; over the last 50 years - having a winning season & just making an NIT was considered a success; this staff actually has competitive teams over the last several years in a major conference, and we are all now (rightly) pissed off when not making the Tourney - and the NIT is now a failure. Sorry for my lousy logic - but I think that is actually a success.

This is also on his twitter. Dude is genuinely insane.

Aug.13th / Friday .... that makes this Frithe13th
I love this time of ........... the d e c a d e ! The release of: the results; the data; •&• the fullfill- ment of demographers' ≡y-e-n-s≡ across the🇺🇲. THE CENSUS Numbers a r e h e r e !! THE
2020 U.S. CENSUS Numbers are ↪ ↩
➡️H⬅️
->e<-
•r•
.e.
⤴️🔃↖️ !
Do you remember ... in ▪️T h e J e r k▪️...?
?... when Steve Martin's character :: Navin R.
Johnson ( ..the jerk !!) begins to insanely scream `the new phone book is here !! ..the new phone book is here' ..... [ he's very excited, because his name is "..in print.." | so, he tells everyone he knows that he is now somebody |
JOHNSON, NAVIN R. ]
The annual Census and The Jerk with common ties !! Who'd thunk it ? Seriously,
in accordance with `The U.S. Constitution` :: Article 1 / Section 2 the U.S. Government must enumerate the nation's population for a multitude of reasons, including apportionment of Representatives (House members) for the states; and, to allocate the use of national resources.
Despite a global pandemic / the U.S. blundering of this epidemiological--wildfire [ABSOLUTELY NO P U N INTENDED] and,
a |nearing of a| 2--year head~pounding ~migrane ...
... the Census Bureau endeavored to count 331,449,281 of [U.S.] us !! Forget about all of the footnotes 'qualifying' this and, rationalizing that. The U.S. population ... except for periodic Census Bureau updated estimates between 2023 [or so] ---&--- 2029 [?] ... will be
three-hundred thirty-one million ± people until sometime soon after 2030 !!
Just a few <....really ! ...a few..> more thoughts.
⬇️
➡️Here⬅️ in N e w
⬆️ J e r s e y, we are officially
a +plus+ 9 million persons state .. 9,288,994 to be extract <and, a little e x a c t> ! For all of you N.J. naysayers !! ...all of you Repubs ...some of you Dems ... everyone of you ""smartasses"
... et.als., who said that N.J. was losing population ...LEFT, RIGHT, OUT, GONE, SEE--YA..
"ppppphhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeewwww" to you !
2010 to 2020 ... N.J. gained nearly ½ a million people ... increased about 5.6% .... and, those gains were across 17 of 21 counties. [(<Now,
to be fair ... one would need to peel the decennial onion back a few layers. People leaving N.J. could be that they were richer /more affluent than new people coming into our Garden {State} of Eaten ! Further analysis of the data will probably confirm that some of the drum--beating about N.J. losing people because of: high taxes; H i g H T a X e S; -&-
of course, H I G H T A X E S ...
was ~ is ~&~ will be true !<)]
Which brings me to the other point --and-- last point!
I do think a lot of decennial U.S. Census data.
I am aware that to many
m a n y
MANY
M A N Y
people .... I must be some kind of ` jerk ` !
That's your call / not mine. However, I will say this: ●read something about this 2020 Census ! ○ Try understanding that these numbers ---- which show the continued changes taking place every moment in America
---- will point you to where we are going - -
where we have been - - & - - where we are very likely to be going over these next 9 to 10 years!
□ No mater who is in The White House; any State House; or, some "mayor's" paid-for-
residence |__or__| o w n h o u s e, America as well as 30,000 "places" we live in are changing: more brown, black -and- oliveish/
yellowish colors of skin <same exact red blood>; tongues with many more tones, languages & messages; religions that don't completely evolve around one God / one
".......anity" / and, a s__t-lode of hypocrisy; personal-identity choices | gender•or•no•gender choices |divergence~in~lifestyle~choices | ET. CETRA; a changing - evolving - (still) 'growing nation of one people.
And, if you are ■THE least bit interested in knowing A N Y thing at all about this place we are headed for in America ............
............. go ahead . . . . . . . . . Be a Jerk ! Take a look at the Census ! After all, you're in it !
[If I do say so myself, this mini-essay deserves some consideration for :: Reprint :: Posting ::
Publication :: Copying :: Citation :: you name it ! I JUST-ABOUT-NEVER endorse my own writing. The U.S. Census is .•°t o o °•.
important and, I believe that I have made a good case for that importance .... for me to not pull a few punches! ....if you can give it visibility, thanks!] Art Grisi, Toms River, N.J.
arthurgrisi@gmail.com ..on Fb., Twi...&..Google
No racial or ethnic group dominates for those under age 18, and white people declined in numbers for the first time on record in the overall U.S. population as the Hispanic and Asian populations boomed this past decade, according to the 2020 census data.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT