ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Butler from Depaul looks like a very good QB.

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
I just watched the video at the end of the article on Andrew Butler. He is from Depaul H.S. in Wayne and is a 6'5" lefty. He seems like he can really throw the ball. He must have had some outstanding statistics throwing the ball after watching his video.

What is the chance that after school begins in September and fall practice ends he can be awarded a scholarship.
I think that any aid for PWOs goes against the scholarship limit, which does make sense - would be a backdoor way to create more scholarships.

I think that any aid for PWOs goes against the scholarship limit, which does make sense - would be a backdoor way to create more scholarships.

So a PWO from a family with 65K of income can't get aid, when literally any other student could? It may be different for a school with no athletic scholarships, but the Ivies are BCS and my guess is that more than 85 players on the football team get some aid. I'm even more confident with respect to hockey and lacrosse at those schools where the scholarship limits are lower.

If the need-based aid is available to all students on the same scale it does not count against the scholarship limit or the athletic budget.
What is the chance that after school begins in September and fall practice ends he can be awarded a scholarship.
If he is granted a scholarship during his first two academic years, it counts against the 25 for the year it is given. If they wait until his third year in the program, it only counts against the 85 max. 99% of the time you will only see 3rd year plus players earn a scholarship.

Reactions: mdk01
There are a lot of kids that do not play football that have the need to finance the entire 4 years of about $250k or so. Maybe they get some help or maybe some sort of academic scholarship, but financing the full boat is all to common for a higher education. If he has to finace only half that for a really good BC degree and his family is devote Catholic and BC is in very high regard, it makes sense unless another P5 school or very high academic College gives him a better opportunity.
I haven't heard of him getting a committable full ride somewhere that would make you shake your head at him walking on there...

Curious, what is the cost at Rutgers for a PWO as compared?

All I want to know is the prediction of Jaeden Gould to Michigan . Where is that coming from on rivals and where does Rutgers stand ? We have to start keeping this player and J Bellamy home.

Well if we are to win against the upper B1G teams then you have to get players like both J Gould and J Bellamy. Schiano’s record for putting DB’s into the NFL is quite good.I’ll leave it at that.

Can’t say where I saw it, but Bergen Catholic QB seems to have nothing but good things to say about us. Hopefully Northern Indiana College stays away. Just glad that we are involved with so many very good QBs all around the country.

Apparently not enough to offer him a scholarship.

..which could turn out to be a bargain with very little to lose. Played for a small , private school with not much exposure. Couple that with lack of showcase camps and there is even less exposure. Reports are that Gavin has some skills. Remember, Greg actually spent time on the field with Gavn and witnessed his abilities first hand and possibly on a daily basis.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Did we offer ?

Not saying RU would have offered since they passed on Bullock but Butler was one of many HS seniors hurt by no camps and the NCAA decision to allow the free year. With current seniors not counting towards the scholarship limits next year it flooded the transfer portal & many schools took players with experience over HS recruits that could have earned late offers.

$58,000....In today’s world a college D-1 football player doesn’t have time to work anymore either, so he’ll need money for incidentals.
Isn't that what the stipend is for?

And that $58K is just tuition. The bottom line is more.

It's hard to comprehend how tuition has increased so much throughout the country. Certainly the average person's income in this country has not increased anywhere near that rate....not even close.
What could have caused the rapid increase ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT