ADVERTISEMENT

Another RU money grab

Local Shill

Hall of Famer
Aug 30, 2001
Easton Avenue's finest gin mills
They have some set of stones charging $12 for parking for the GMC finals doubleheader tomorrow.

$2 more than for an RU game - for a boys and girl game.

Great way to build goodwill with people from Edison, East Brunswick and Colonia, most of whom likely have no connection to RU.

Are you sure that’s an RU decision vs. an NJSIAA decision? I have no idea who controls parking rates but admission is set by the high school group.

Meadowlands/Met Life would charge $20. *ucking Jets and Giants are going to lose all of their fans

They have some set of stones charging $12 for parking for the GMC finals doubleheader tomorrow.

Great way to build goodwill with people from Edison, East Brunswick and Colonia, most of whom likely have no connection to RU.

My bet is that RU is not making the money here. I’d like to know who is.

How do you know that Rutgers set the parking fee, and not GMC?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I thought $12 was a little low. Never understood the concept of being cheap when it comes to a product you like. A lot of complainers out there these days.

OP jumping the gun. The site host doesn't set the pricing for HS playoff games in any sport. Figured he of all people would know that.

Reactions: hiwater
Want to make a bet on that?

Make a bet on what? I asked you how you knew who set the parking fee. Are we betting on whether you're going to answer my question?

I assume there is a facilities rental agreement in place between Rutgers and the GMC, and I assume the agreement covers things like concessions and parking. Maybe the agreement says that Rutgers gets to set and keep parking revenue, or maybe it says GMC gets to set and keep parking revenue. Maybe GMC negotiated a lower price to rent the building in exchange for giving Rutgers more in parking revenue.

I don't know what the agreement actually says because I haven't seen the agreement. But you said the parking fee was a money grab by Rutgers and they "some set of stones charging $12 for parking". So I'm wondering how you know. Did you see the facility rental agreement? Were you told this by someone who saw the rental agreement or was involved in negotiations?

Reactions: Local Shill

This price might be set by the State HS Athletics Asso. (Whoever is running the show)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT