ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Davis has retired again

Coming out of retirement was a mistake. He just needs to worry about his health and find something else to do with his life.

@BamDavis_: I just want my time and mind intact, when you lose em both, you can't buy em back.

Reactions: thad23
Even though he has millions. Id move out of SF before he blows his life savings. That place is expensive as all hell.

He didn't graduate so hopefully he invests good or works on a degree and getting a job

Reactions: soundcrib
Most importantly, I hope he has good people around him. Have a horror story about a buddy of mine who played for 12 years in the NFL. Some seriously bad people out there that get close to some of these guys and take them for everything.

Doing what?

Honestly, anything. Perhaps an assistant recruiting director position? Anthony Davis is basically the dream sell for any kid interested in RU. Local kid who elected to stay home instead of attending one of the bluebloods, started from pretty much the second he got on campus to the time he left, and was a top 15 draft pick. Based on the tidbits from this board it seems like he's been an adamant supporter of the program.

I haven't seen any football players with dementia etc, (the suicide guys all had other issues). But I know a guy who was All Pro in NFL and his body is a mess. He said he can only sleep 3-4 hours at a time and has had over 20 surgeries. He blames playing too recklessly.

Most importantly, I hope he has good people around him. Have a horror story about a buddy of mine who played for 12 years in the NFL. Some seriously bad people out there that get close to some of these guys and take them for everything.
They all have those people around them. Some just have more than others. Leaches.

Honestly, anything. Perhaps an assistant recruiting director position? Anthony Davis is basically the dream sell for any kid interested in RU. Local kid who elected to stay home instead of attending one of the bluebloods, started from pretty much the second he got on campus to the time he left, and was a top 15 draft pick. Based on the tidbits from this board it seems like he's been an adamant supporter of the program.
I haven't heard that he was an adamant supporter. Haven't seen him at any Letterwinners events but I haven't been to them all either. I do know that he and Schiano are not friends.
As for Ash ... he doesnt know him.
Ash seems to be paving his own way without looking back on Rutgers history. Which I don't mind at all. We need fresh blood. And Rutgers football history isnt much to crow about.
I dont see a need for him here. Dont see him wanting to be here either. Not every ex player has to come back.
However if Brian Leonard expressed an interest to come back and join the staff than Hobbs and Ash must be educated to find a spot

Maybe Ash can find a position for him.
No thanks. Multiple reports have said that Davis was an extremely difficult player to coach. I also didn't like how he badmouthed Schiano and the program after leaving. I wish him the best, but don't want him back at Rutgers in any capacity.

Did he badmouth the program? I know he had some hard feelings for Schiano, but I thought he was a big Flood supporter and I remember him saying something about guys who don't go to RU can't rep New Jersey. To be honest it seems like his feelings towards Schiano were shared by many.

No thanks. Multiple reports have said that Davis was an extremely difficult player to coach. I also didn't like how he badmouthed Schiano and the program after leaving. I wish him the best, but don't want him back at Rutgers in any capacity.

Wrong! He loved Flood, he loves/loved RU and he did hate GS. So what? He is the highest draft pick we've had! And you don't want him back????? WRONG. He wants to come around the program, you let him. He's a good guy and very likeable!

I liked the way he badmouthed Schiano but not the program, and want him back
at Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT