ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant Coach Search

Kevin Broadus is a good guy who was one of several people at Binghamton who made really bad decisions 14 or 15 years ago.

He's a heckuva assistant coach. Very plugged into the DMV (if recruiting that area is important to RU).
Broadus made several very bad decisions at Binghamton. Dismissing 6 players due to criminal investigations and he and his assistants committing multiple recruiting violations is not someone I want on my staff.
If true that he’s being considered or even was considered is a surprise

Last edited:
Reactions: ancienthooper
Broadus made several very bad decisions at Binghamton. Dismissing 6 players due to criminal investigations and he and his assistants committing multiple recruiting violations is not someone I want on my staff.
His program got himself, the AD and the president of the university all fired.

He dismissed six players who committed crimes and that's a bad thing? He had contact with recruits during a non-contact period. That is a recruiting violation, no doubt, It also happens all of the time. It might even be happening somewhere right now (we're in a dead period). I'd have to look it up but that's likely a level II violation.

My guess is that Broadus has learned from those mistakes since there hasn't been a hint of an rule violations by Broadus since those 14-year old transgressions.

No worries, I do not expect Broadus to be joining the RU staff

He dismissed six players who committed crimes and that's a bad thing? He had contact with recruits during a non-contact period. That is a recruiting violation, no doubt, It also happens all of the time. It might even be happening somewhere right now (we're in a dead period). I'd have to look it up but that's likely a level II violation.

My guess is that Broadus has learned from those mistakes since there hasn't been a hint of an rule violations by Broadus since those 14-year old transgressions.

No worries, I do not expect Broadus to be joining the RU staff
The issue wasn’t releasing these players. He had to. The issue was recruiting them. Their criminal activities included assault ; crack cocaine distribution and some already had a very questionable history before attending Binghamton. Adding in the recruiting violations by him and his staff and I smell a very foul odor.
He destroyed a program !
It seems you know him and I appreciate / respect your thoughts on him becoming a model coach over the past 10-15 years but he’s not the type that I fancy.
I also hope you’re right that he ll not be an assistant coach for us but I am glad that he’s learned from his mistakes and only hope for the best for him!

Last edited:
Reactions: ancienthooper
The Bing debacle all happened while Pikes was at Stony Brook in same conference. It was bad. I guess I’d be surprised if he was on Pikes list.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT