ADVERTISEMENT

Aundre Hyatt taking an official visit, still weighing 18 vs 19

People on the Pitt board think it is a joke if Hyatt ever committed to RU. Many said there is no way he would ever commit to RU. They also think that Capel is one of the greatest recruiters ever.

Pitt has a lot more going for it for a city kid than PSU does.

They have good facilities and can offer quick playing time.

They are just really at the bottom and starting over hoops wise and that's a tough league to make up ground in.

It's a massive rebuild.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Why would anyone in PA go to Pitt instead of Pen St?
I was a basketball player I'd pick Pitt over Penn State. That's a no brainer.

Plus the whole raping children cover up, denial and people shooting video of other people in bathrooms would turn me off of Penn State and hope that the school burns to the ground (without any loss of life or injury of course).

Plus the whole raping children cover up, denial and people shooting video of other people in bathrooms would turn me off of Penn State and hope that the school burns to the ground (without any loss of life or injury of course).

Yes, but how do you really feel?

Reactions: hiwater

It's like you're a true Rutgers guy at heart....

Reactions: hiwater
Capel might be one outstanding recruiter but he kind of ruined things at Oklahoma and got fired there. I believe there was some problem with the NCAA as well. I would be a little careful if I was a recruit considering going to play for him.

I knew I liked you Russ.

Reactions: drewbagel423
Capel might be one outstanding recruiter but he kind of ruined things at Oklahoma and got fired there. I believe there was some problem with the NCAA as well. I would be a little careful if I was a recruit considering going to play for him.

That's about 8 years ago when guys being recruited now were 9 or 10 years old. Even if they research it I doubt anyone cares about what happened in 2010.

Hyatt is commiting on 8/10. Hopefully, it’s here but I’m not banking on it.

Last edited:
It was assistant Coach Oronde Taliaferro who arranged for impermissible benefits for Tiny Gallon; Capel was not implicated in the violations.

It was assistant Coach Oronde Taliaferro who arranged for impermissible benefits for Tiny Gallon; Capel was not implicated in the violations.
The old assistant coach going rogue theory. That happens a lot. Chapel had no idea. Riiiight.

The old assistant coach going rogue theory. That happens a lot. Chapel had no idea. Riiiight.
Except in this case after the investigation was concluded there was an acknowledgement that phone records linked Coach Taliaferro to a Florida financial adviser who paid for Tiny Gallon $3,000. There were also emails between the coach and the financial advisor. Capel was not
implicated in the violations.

This assistant was also trying to hook agents up with former OU basketball players and players on the roster who had NBA talent, as well as football player Antonio Gates.

So, lots was going on with that dude.

Russ, when Flood got caught intervening on grades for a player personally, my friend from Ohio said: doesn't he have people to do that for him? What kind of an operation are you running over there?

When
Except in this case after the investigation was concluded there was an acknowledgement that phone records linked Coach Taliaferro to a Florida financial adviser who paid for Tiny Gallon $3,000. There were also emails between the coach and the financial advisor. Capel was not
implicated in the violations.

This assistant was also trying to hook agents up with former OU basketball players and players on the roster who had NBA talent, as well as football player Antonio Gates.

So, lots was going on with that dude.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Russ, when Flood got caught intervening on grades for a player personally, my friend from Ohio said: doesn't he have people to do that for him? What kind of an operation are you running over there?

When
When that happened I thought it was odd too. At other programs assistant coaches, and support people (which football usually has tons of) usually take on that kind of thing so as to insulate the head coach when the investigation happens.

Look, do I know for a fact that Capel 100 percent did not know what Coach Taliaferro was doing? Nope.
Does anyone in this thread know for a fact that Capel 100 percent did know Coach Taliaferro was doing? Nope.

If people want to play the innuendo game that's fine. I'm just sticking to the facts. The facts are that there was an investigation, both by the school and the NCAA and Coach Capel was not implicated in what Coach Taliaferro did.

Not to mention that OU was on probation at the time for things Kelvin Sampson did before bouncing to Indiana. So it stands to reason that if the head basketball coach at OU had broken rules, or there was evidence/proof that he knew one of his assistants was breaking rules, things would have been much worse in Norman (with a repeat offender status). Plus, I don't think Coach K would have welcomed Capel back at Duke if he had been implicated.

Maybe it just burns some RU fans that head coaches at other schools sometimes aren't implicated in rule breaking when head coaches at RU not only were implicated but actually get caught breaking rules, or have their bad behavior caught on video and played on network morning shows, ESPN, local TV, etc. If that's what leads to snarky posts by some people about coaches, okay, I get it.

A decommit at ECCC the same afternoon Hyatt announces his final 3 with LSU, RU, and ECCC...oh boy.

When that happened I thought it was odd too. At other programs assistant coaches, and support people (which football usually has tons of) usually take on that kind of thing so as to insulate the head coach when the investigation happens.

Look, do I know for a fact that Capel 100 percent did not know what Coach Taliaferro was doing? Nope.
Does anyone in this thread know for a fact that Capel 100 percent did know Coach Taliaferro was doing? Nope.

If people want to play the innuendo game that's fine. I'm just sticking to the facts. The facts are that there was an investigation, both by the school and the NCAA and Coach Capel was not implicated in what Coach Taliaferro did.

Not to mention that OU was on probation at the time for things Kelvin Sampson did before bouncing to Indiana. So it stands to reason that if the head basketball coach at OU had broken rules, or there was evidence/proof that he knew one of his assistants was breaking rules, things would have been much worse in Norman (with a repeat offender status). Plus, I don't think Coach K would have welcomed Capel back at Duke if he had been implicated.

Maybe it just burns some RU fans that head coaches at other schools sometimes aren't implicated in rule breaking when head coaches at RU not only were implicated but actually get caught breaking rules, or have their bad behavior caught on video and played on network morning shows, ESPN, local TV, etc. If that's what leads to snarky posts by some people about coaches, okay, I get it.
That’s not it all. If you think the head coach doesn’t know EVERYTHING going on with his program at ALL times when it comes to things his assistants are doing then I am not sure what to tell you. They know.

That’s not it all. If you think the head coach doesn’t know EVERYTHING going on with his program at ALL times when it comes to things his assistants are doing then I am not sure what to tell you. They know.
Prove it.

Prove that every head coach knows EVERYTHING going on with his program at ALL times when it comes to things his assistants are doing.

Reactions: BLewis1968
if Hyatt were to commit to us, hopefully, would he play this year, provided he isn't injured? where would be project--I realize we have a lot of new players at the wing so may be hard at this point?

if Hyatt were to commit to us, hopefully, would he play this year, provided he isn't injured? where would be project--I realize we have a lot of new players at the wing so may be hard at this point?
His quotes make it sound like he wants to redshirt either way.

Not that it means much, but right now the "predictions" are 40% Rutgers, 40% LSU, 20% SHU. (5 "experts" predicting, 2-2-1)

Reactions: zebnatto
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT