ADVERTISEMENT

B12 Expansion Is A GO

You let Texas into your conference at your own peril...they have 110+ years of dominance when it comes to conference business...And I can guarantee they don't want that to end. They ran the SWC and they run the B12...to their benefit...make absolutely no mistake about that.

When A&M managed to leave their side, the steers lost some of its power (just a little) but politics being what they are in Texas, they have been left in care-taker status. If UH joins the B12, you have, in essence, reconstituted 5/8 of the SWC, so I don't think the b12 is going anywhere. Texas will always make a shit ton of $$ and they relish plantation owner status. The problem is OU...they were not in the SWC so their association with Texas has been mostly OOC...except for the past 20 years. They'd be happy to go back to that model if they could GTFO.

It would be awesome if Texas could lose its third and big rival in OU...but I'm sure they'll make that work out...OU also needs its Texas presence. Arkansas and A&M, on the other hand, extend their middle digit in their direction and say "suck it"

All further conference change will be predicated on what the steers do...and how nosey the politicos get...

I'll say it again, if Texas and ou leave, the B12 will NOT be a P5 conference...
----
The big ten commish will make it very clear that Texas gets no special treatment, if they were to be invited..... Take it or leave it.

OU is not AAU; therefore, it won't be invited into the B1G. KU is eligible as is TX but I really don't want the Horns in the conference, despite the additional money they would likely bring in. Too much drama and that doesn't seem to be the B1G's style.

Jim Delany would jump at the chance of bringing Texas to the B1G.

Texas may be a Big Deal in the Big 12 but they would just be another Team (although important addition) in the B1G. Texas would not rule the roost.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT