ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Network Rutgers Football Classic: 2015 @Indiana

RUfromSoCal?

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2006
Just happened to catch it yesterday........

while fun, I was mostly sitting there in stunned anger........ sure the D got gashed a lot....

But, how the hell did we go from an Offense with a line that didn't run block great - but could at least give Laviano enough time to look like Patrick Manholes.... and receivers who knew how to get vertical and get separation.... and could catch passes in stride... and running backs who found holes and had breakaway speed.... and a team that could actually score more than 11 points?!!??????????

...to what we have now..........

They weren't 'that' big or 'that fast' or 'that elite' back then......... WTF.............

hard to express how bad we got 2016-2020....

I caught the latter part of that too yesterday. What stuck out to me as the play of the OL compared to the subsequent years. Laviano had time, and there was at least some modicum of a hole for the running backs to exploit.

Also, looking at how Robert Martin ran, what an absolute waste of talent by Ash not utilizing him.

But, how the hell did we go from an Offense with a line that didn't run block great - but could at least give Laviano enough time to look like Patrick Manholes....

2022 version. At least we have an offensive line that lets the RB get to the line of scrimmage before 1st contact but puts the QB in a 1,000-1, 1000-BAM situation. But let's blame the QB.

That was the great Kyle flood’s last BIG win. I believe he was just coming off the suspension . Good times.

But let's blame the QB.

Absolutely!!! We all know that Gavin Wimsatt Evan Simon Gavin Rupp is the best player on the team and is being held back because the coaches won't give him a chance!

That was the great Kyle flood’s last BIG win. I believe he was just coming off the suspension . Good times.
yup........ literally the last moment before the wheels came off....

To be fair, we followed that game with 3 consecutive games against Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan, a meat grinder of a schedule that our depth could not match up against.

Reactions: beaced
Was at that game in 2015
Me thinks the Offense comes alive tomorrow

Indiana stunk up their stadium with turnovers last year when we blew them out. I’m sure they want redemption and will be a tough opponent

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT