ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 3/6 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS***RUTGERS PROJECTED 11 SEED***

All those reviews and they're not gonna put 1.2 seconds back on the clock for Boise?

Edit nevermind

wow what a shot. how do they not foul?
First guys got the shot off immediately.
Loose ball rebound and the Boise State player was off balance. By the time he was done stumbling, UNLV player was in his motion of shooting.

Exaxty …..That’s why I don’t get , why sone people put Penn state over us …both of us 11-10
In league , but Rutgers beat PSU twice

the difference is penn state worst loss is Wisconsin, so they are pretty clean with just 1 Q3 and RU has 4..thats the big thing with RU, hard to get around that 4 Q3 without penalizing them.

its tough with them, no bad losses, not a lot of wins, they probably still could lose here and not be in trouble unless Clemson gets to finals
Now State is getting destroyed by Clemson…it’s gonna hurt NET, right?

so my last team in this morning was Nevada, there is a chance they still could be the last team in despite losing. If ASU does not win the only other team I can consider putting in would be Clemson.

Clemson has 2 Q3 losses and 2 Q4 losses

Reactions: biker7766
Feels like this Boise game has spent more time on ref cam than the actual game the last 30 minutes of real time
This is terrible.
Again, another reminder that they couldn’t review the end of our OSU game. This is laughable

I will say this now. The blowout losses by North Carolina State and Pitt today were awful and they will hurt their profiles alot, enough to drop them out of the field, not so sure but enough to send both to Dayton quite possibly.

CAVEAT TO RUTGERS.....DO NOT GET BLOWN OUT TO PURDUE

We all know that the possibilty that RU could struggle and it could turn into a 65-45 type game quickly. RU has to show up and if they lose keep it in the respectable range. A RU victory would put RU on the 10 line.

the difference is penn state worst loss is Wisconsin, so they are pretty clean with just 1 Q3 and RU has 4..thats the big thing with RU, hard to get around that 4 Q3 without penalizing them.

Yeah…but at what point do they really look outside the metics to deuce the last couple of teams ?

I mean …NC stage is 13-9 in the ACC,, Clemson is.15-6 and beat c state three times

Rutgers may have four quad 3 losses, but how bad are they really ???

Seton hall is 17-16 in a powe confrence
Nebraska is 16-16 in power confrnce
Temple has a winning record in the American …

Not good losses , but nit awful

They ain’t unass , DePaul and Lauafete …they are bad losses …last year

I will say this now. The blowout losses by North Carolina State and Pitt today were awful and they will hurt their profiles alot, enough to drop them out of the field, not so sure but enough to send both to Dayton quite possibly.

CAVEAT TO RUTGERS.....DO NOT GET BLOWN OUT TO PURDUE

We all know that the possibilty that RU could struggle and it could turn into a 65-45 type game quickly. RU has to show up and if they lose keep it in the respectable range. A RU victory would put RU on the 10 line.
Question ...what is the worst team nationally we could have played theoretically and it still be considered Q1 tomorrow? Team and current ranking

Jay Bilas has no idea what he is talking about

Just like the idiots last night who locked Oklahoma State in the field

Now Bradley is in love with Clemson DESPITE 2 Q3 LOSSES AND 2 Q4 LOSSES.

Reactions: RUpop and biazza38
Yeah…but at what point do they really look outside the metics to deuce the last couple of teams ?

I mean …NC stage is 13-9 in the ACC,, Clemson is.15-6 and beat c state three times

SH after that screw job at OSU
Nebby as the start of the HOT streak
Temple without 2 starters.

But NONE of that matters if ROBOTS are now choosing the field.

Reactions: biazza38

agree there...Clemson has a loss to Louisville, their losses are bad.

What was looking like a pretty easy field to pick a week ago has suddenly turned very cloudy...not so easy this time because alot of these profiles hard to seperate...3 of them from the ACC with all 3 having totally different profiles

Jay Bilas has no idea what he is talking about

Just like the idiots last night who locked Oklahoma State in the field

Now Bradley is in love with Clemson DESPITE 2 Q3 LOSSES AND 2 Q4 LOSSES.
What did Bilas say?

SH after that screw job at OSU
Nebby as the start of the HOT streak
Temple without 2 starters.

But NONE of that matters if ROBOTS are now choosing the field.
you are looking way too deep..that is not objective.....most schools can point to circumstance they go through during the season.

the inury thing is not a big deal because its negated by the fact that RU isnt the same team with Mag so ru could be penalized that way...call it a wash with injuries

Reactions: gregkoko
What did Bilas say?
droning on and on that they were in before this and no question they are in how could you put other teams ahead of them. His usual condescending of course they are in, he is gaslighting the audience

wait they have worse losses than RU and dont have better wins....and they have a 336 ooc schedule which is worse than rutges

Sorry for being lazy, but does BAC say where he thinks Rutgers gets seeded after today's great victory?

Getting very tired of these comparisons.

NCST has two wins versus the projected field and 1-6 in Q1. No wins high Q1.

You can’t tell me that’s a better profile than RU with 5/6 Q1 wins and 7 wins v the projected field.

so we lost on a fluke buzzer beater to MN and three high end Q3 losses with injuries In two of them.

F THIS CLEAN PROFILE STUFF. Hope the committee values who you beat.

Going into today, Strength of Record
#62 Rutgers 19-13, 5-6 5-3 2-4
#61 Drake AQ
#60 VCU 25-7, 1-1 2-4 12-0, 2 Q4 losses
L #59 Mich 17-15, 3-12 5-2 5-1, 1 Q4 loss
#58 Clemson 22-9, 3-3 3-2 7-2, 2 Q4 losses
Out #57 Oklahoma 15-17,
#56 Kent St. 25-6. 0-3 0-1 11-1, 1 Q4 loss
#55 Utah Valley 24-7, 1-2 3-2 9-2, 1 Q4 loss
L #54 Pittsburgh 22-11, 4-4 3-5 5-1, 1 Q4 loss
#53 N Texas 25-6, 1-3 3-1 10-1, 1 Q4 loss
#52 Vanderbilt 18-13, 4-9 5-1 4-2, 1 Q4 loss
L #51 Wisconsin 17-14, 6-7 5-6 1-1,
L #50 UNC 20-13, 1-9 6-4 7-0,
#49 Arizona St 21-11, 4-5 4-5 5-0, 1 Q4 loss
#48 Sam Houston St, 1-3 1-1 10-1, 1 Q4 loss
#47 Miss St 21-11, 4-7 4-3 5-1
#46 Penn St 20-12, 6-6 4-5 4-1
L #45 Nevada 22-10, 4-5 4-3 10-2

We should pass at least Drake, VCU and Michigan, possibly OU, not sure if Pitt or UNC falls below us.

3 teams have no chance at large, Kent St, Utah Valley.and Sam Houston
VCU, N Texas might be considered for a first 4 at large only
A lot of mid major limited resume teams 41-61

How is NC State(23-9), who is getting demolished by Clemson, 36th, with soon to have loss #10 with 1-6 7-4, Q1/2 8-10, Q3 5-0, 10 Q4 wins

Reactions: biazza38
you are looking way too deep..that is not objective.....most schools can point to circumstance they go through during the season.

the inury thing is not a big deal because its negated by the fact that RU isnt the same team with Mag so ru could be penalized that way...call it a wash with injuries
I wasn't really being serious.
But If you are saying the NCAA will penalize a team because they HAVE an injured player that is crazy, I've heard this but I honestly thought they'd give them the benefit not say they're out because of missing a guy.

Getting very tired of these comparisons.

NCST has two wins versus the projected field and 1-6 in Q1. No wins high Q1.

You can’t tell me that’s a better profile than RU with 5/6 Q1 wins and 7 wins v the projected field.

so we lost on a fluke buzzer beater to MN and three high end Q3 losses with injuries In two of them.

F THIS CLEAN PROFILE STUFF. Hope the committee values who you beat.

I would rank RU higher than NC State and Pitt right now. Whether the committee does that is another story. I have seen profiles like NCState get left out...see Wake last year, SMU and South Carolina years back

I wasn't really being serious.
But If you are saying the NCAA will penalize a team because they HAVE an injured player that is crazy, I've heard this but I honestly thought they'd give them the benefit not say they're out because of missing a guy.
it works both ways..if a player isnt coming back yes it could impact especially if the teams level of play has dropped...thats why i dont take much consideration of the injury in the Temple loss and quite frankly we had one guy out for Miami and thats not a bad loss. Its a wash to me

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
New Mexico but probably by tomorrow Penn State is around 50
Thanks!! What I'm getting at and please weigh in but this is what QUANTITATIVELY drives me crazy unless you say there is a human factor here.

Rutgers playing and potentially losing/winning to #5 Purdue has the same Q1 factor as playing and losing/beating PSU or New Mexico, That is just not right here unless there are real humans putting this into perspective.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
it works both ways..if a player isnt coming back yes it could impact especially if the teams level of play has dropped...thats why i dont take much consideration of the injury in the Temple loss and quite frankly we had one guy out for Miami and thats not a bad loss. Its a wash to me
But this is an example of where it gets weird for me. They can manually discount a team for missing a key player but if the numerical value of playing that team without the player hasn't caught up yet in the NET then the team's value is over-stated at the time another team plays them. Its not real time.

Thanks!! What I'm getting at and please weigh in but this is what QUANTITATIVELY drives me crazy unless you say there is a human factor here.

Rutgers playing and potentially losing/winning to #5 Purdue has the same Q1 factor as playing and losing/beating PSU or New Mexico, That is just not right here unless there are real humans putting this into perspective.

not quite...so they seperate Q1 into tiers....upper and lower....RU is 2-5 in upper Q1 this year. Upper Q1 road wins are coveted and RU has 2...Purdue and NW although NW is barely qualifying as one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT