ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 3/7......NEW UPDATE 3/12 1PM PAGE 37

by wins and loss evaluation and quality wins we wouldnt be there
I defer to you on what the committee would do with our wins/losses alone, but in my opinion we should be very borderline purely on wins and losses.
Ever been on a bs committee , like parish council etc ? That’s what these things do . They validate nonsense
That's an argument that they could do, but certainly not an argument that they must do. Why do they care about following the NET?
predictive metrics should play no part in tryng to sort and determine the ncaa tournament.
Agree 100%.

I defer to you on what the committee would do with our wins/losses alone, but in my opinion we should be very borderline purely on wins and losses.

That's an argument that they could do, but certainly not an argument that they must do. Why do they care about following the NET?

Agree 100%.

yeah but look at Wake and Notre Dame...solid record but geez they beat nobody....

RU is the typical bloated power 6 school without a lot of losses but outstanding wins. Its just this year the net ****ed us and unlike michigan we do not have a strong sos to save us

Rutgers wins the eye however the perception is where we loose out. Plus there is no recent tradition with Rutgers you need to be at least 50 to have any recollection when Rutgers was good for more than a couple of years

Bracket based on my W/L rankings (doesn't include the two games played today)

1 Seed

Arizona *
Gonzaga *
Kansas *
Baylor

2 Seed

Providence
Villanova*
Auburn
Texas Tech

3 Seed

Kentucky*
Tennessee
Purdue*
UCLA

4 Seed

Wisconsin
Duke*
Connecticut
Colorado St

5 Seed

Arkansas
Murray St*
St Mary's CA
Illinois

6 Seed

Creighton
Texas
USC
Houston*

7 Seed

Seton Hall
San Diego St
Michigan St
Marquette

8 Seed

Iowa
Iowa St
TCU
Boise St*

9 Seed

LSU
Alabama
Ohio St
Wyoming

10 Seed

North Carolina
Oklahoma
Xavier
Texas A&M

11 Seed

San Francisco
Davidson*
Michigan
Indiana / Colorado

12 Seed

Miami FL / SMU
South Dakota St*
Loyola Chicago*
New Mexico St*

13 Seed

UAB*
Chattanooga*
Vermont*
Princeton*

14 Seed

Montana St*
Kent St*
Long Beach St*
Delaware*

15 Seed

Longwood*
Georgia St*
St Peter's*
Jacksonville St*

16 Seed

Norfolk St*
Colgate*
Bryant / Wright St*
Texas Southern* / Southeastern Louisiana*

Last Four Byes

Xavier
Texas A&M
San Francisco
Michigan

Last Four In

Indiana
Colorado
Miami FL
SMU

First Four Out

Rutgers
West Virginia (yes I know, this is why extremely hard schedules are bad!)
S Dakota St
Notre Dame

Next Four Out

Memphis
Oklahoma St (see WVU comment)
Florida
St John's

• Sad
Reactions: Scangg
yeah but look at Wake and Notre Dame...solid record but geez they beat nobody....

RU is the typical bloated power 6 school without a lot of losses but outstanding wins. Its just this year the net ****ed us and unlike michigan we do not have a strong sos to save us
seems like you think we R OUT?

If Arkansas can just get to the half within striking distance think they’ll wake up in second half

1 SEEDS

• GONZAGA*
  • ARIZONA*
  • KANSAS*
  • BAYLOR
2 SEEDS

• AUBURN
  • KENTUCKY*
  • DUKE*
  • VILLANOVA
3 SEEDS

• PURDUE
  • TENNESSEE
  • TEXAS TECH
  • WISCONSIN
4 SEEDS

• ILLINOIS*
  • PROVIDENCE*
  • UCLA
  • ARKANSAS
5 SEEDS

• CONNECTICUT
  • IOWA
  • HOUSTON*
  • TEXAS
6 SEEDS

• ALABAMA
  • SAINT MARY'S
  • OHIO STATE
  • LSU
7 SEEDS

• USC
  • MICHIGAN STATE
  • COLORADO STATE
  • TCU
8 SEEDS

• BOISE STATE
  • MURRAY STATE
  • MARQUETTE
  • SAN DIEGO STATE
9 SEEDS

• SETON HALL
  • CREIGHTON
  • IOWA STATE
  • NORTH CAROLINA
10 SEEDS

• MEMPHIS
  • LOYOLA*
  • DAVIDSON*
  • MIAMI
11 SEEDS

• MICHIGAN
  • SAN FRANCISCO
  • RUTGERS
  • WYOMING
12 SEEDS

• UAB*
  • SOUTH DAKOTA STATE*
  • INDIANA/VIRGINIA TECH
  • XAVIER/SMU
13 SEEDS

• CHATTANOOGA*
  • NEW MEXICO STATE*
  • KENT STATE*
  • VERMONT*
14 SEEDS

• PRINCETON*
  • MONTANA STATE*
  • COLGATE*
  • LONG BEACH STATE*
15 SEEDS

• SAINT PETER'S*
  • LONGWOOD*
  • DELAWARE*
  • WRIGHT STATE*
16 SEEDS

• JACKSONVILLE STATE*
  • GEORGIA STATE*
  • BRYANT*/ALCORN STATE*
  • NORFOLK STATE*/SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA*

LAST 4 IN

VIRGINIA TECH
    SMU
    XAVIER
    INDIANA

LAST 4 OUT

TEXAS A&M
    NOTRE DAME
    BYU
    OKLAHOMA

NEXT FOUR OUT

WAKE FOREST
    VCU
    DAYTON
    NORTH TEXAS

Things can obviously change. Its very very close between Michigan on down through BYU. I think Oklahoma is out because of the 18-15 record. I think San Fran is safe but questionable on seeding. I think Michigan is likely in and seeding could be better because of their good metrics. I like Va Tech by a whisker of Texas A&M and Notre Dame but with two of them in action that could change. Everything can change with a full scrub tonight. RU could fall back into the first four games or not. I think RU is a couple of notches above the cut line currently if the committee is doing an honest evaluation.

Can I ask a question about our non conference SOS everyone says it is terrible and reason of concern.

what if we swapped Lehigh, laffeyette, umass, and Maine with Gonzaga, Baylor, Kentucky and Arizona. So now instead of 18-13 we are 16-15. Do we make ncaa tournament with the toughest schedule in basketball. If not then why play a tougher schedule?

our problem isn’t strength of schedule. Our problem is we lost to laffeyette and umass.

Seems like you feel RU is locked in even if bad upsets happen and TAM, VT, indiana, SMU etc all win. Let’s hope you are right.

not necessarily...wins by smu, texas am and vt is worse case scenario. RU is vulnerable at that point. Everything gets scrubbed and reevaluated.

We really need A&M to lose, that is more important than Va Tech I think..plus the bid stealer lingers in the A10

Can I ask a question about our non conference SOS everyone says it is terrible and reason of concern.

what if we swapped Lehigh, laffeyette, umass, and Maine with Gonzaga, Baylor, Kentucky and Arizona. So now instead of 18-13 we are 16-15. Do we make ncaa tournament with the toughest schedule in basketball. If not then why play a tougher schedule?

our problem isn’t strength of schedule. Our problem is we lost to laffeyette and umass.

our sos is problem at 300, because we failed to do enough other things so they will look at that as another red flag...

why are people defending a shitty schedule non conference...and we went 6-4 vs it, a double negative

Reactions: gregkoko
1 SEEDS

• GONZAGA*
  • ARIZONA*
  • KANSAS*
  • BAYLOR
2 SEEDS

• AUBURN
  • KENTUCKY*
  • DUKE*
  • VILLANOVA
3 SEEDS

• PURDUE
  • TENNESSEE
  • TEXAS TECH
  • WISCONSIN
4 SEEDS

• ILLINOIS*
  • PROVIDENCE*
  • UCLA
  • ARKANSAS
5 SEEDS

• CONNECTICUT
  • IOWA
  • HOUSTON*
  • TEXAS
6 SEEDS

• ALABAMA
  • SAINT MARY'S
  • OHIO STATE
  • LSU
7 SEEDS

• USC
  • MICHIGAN STATE
  • COLORADO STATE
  • TCU
8 SEEDS

• BOISE STATE
  • MURRAY STATE
  • MARQUETTE
  • SAN DIEGO STATE
9 SEEDS

• SETON HALL
  • CREIGHTON
  • IOWA STATE
  • NORTH CAROLINA
10 SEEDS

• MEMPHIS
  • LOYOLA*
  • DAVIDSON*
  • MIAMI
11 SEEDS

• MICHIGAN
  • SAN FRANCISCO
  • RUTGERS
  • WYOMING
12 SEEDS

• UAB*
  • SOUTH DAKOTA STATE*
  • INDIANA/VIRGINIA TECH
  • XAVIER/SMU
13 SEEDS

• CHATTANOOGA*
  • NEW MEXICO STATE*
  • KENT STATE*
  • VERMONT*
14 SEEDS

• PRINCETON*
  • MONTANA STATE*
  • COLGATE*
  • LONG BEACH STATE*
15 SEEDS

• SAINT PETER'S*
  • LONGWOOD*
  • DELAWARE*
  • WRIGHT STATE*
16 SEEDS

• JACKSONVILLE STATE*
  • GEORGIA STATE*
  • BRYANT*/ALCORN STATE*
  • NORFOLK STATE*/SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA*

LAST 4 IN

VIRGINIA TECH
    SMU
    XAVIER
    INDIANA

LAST 4 OUT

TEXAS A&M
    NOTRE DAME
    BYU
    OKLAHOMA

NEXT FOUR OUT

WAKE FOREST
    VCU
    DAYTON
    NORTH TEXAS

Things can obviously change. Its very very close between Michigan on down through BYU. I think Oklahoma is out because of the 18-15 record. I think San Fran is safe but questionable on seeding. I think Michigan is likely in and seeding could be better because of their good metrics. I like Va Tech by a whisker of Texas A&M and Notre Dame but with two of them in action that could change. Everything can change with a full scrub tonight. RU could fall back into the first four games or not. I think RU is a couple of notches above the cut line currently if the committee is doing an honest evaluation.

just curious why you say OU is out because of their 18-15 record..but RU has a bye with their 18-14 record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT