ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS UPDATE FOR 3/6 PAGE 23

numbers crunch tomorrow morning to see where Michigan fits after this loss...had them a 10 coming into tonight, probably back down to 11 but we shall see if they avoid first 4.

Recrunch the numbers on Indiana/SMU/Memphis very close on the cut line for that last spot. Memphis has big opportunity hosting Houston this weekend.

Oregon would not be out of contention with a loss tonight but it certainly worsens their at large hopes significantly

Big pressure on Michigan going to Columbus Sunday. Lose and they might be facing Indiana in a must-win scenario in Indy.

Looks like we cannot drop below the 6 seed regardless of our game, and can still be 4 with a win if Michigan and Illinois help us out on Sunday.

no that win doesnt do much for them, they are right on the cut line
Let’s say they beat Houston. What seed is Houston dropping to? What is the highest seed Houston can hope for? 5 or 6 seed? I’m having a hard time understand how 10 losses isn’t too many for a team that plays in a conference with only 2 other decent teams.

Have to think we move up off the last four line now and UM lands there

its close they have a cleaner profile, RU has better wins but Michigan has better metrics including sos and non conference sos and has a quality non conference win. That they are only 3 games above huge negative and one more loss and they may need two in the Big 10 tourney

numbers crunch tomorrow morning to see where Michigan fits after this loss...had them a 10 coming into tonight, probably back down to 11 but we shall see if they avoid first 4.

Recrunch the numbers on Indiana/SMU/Memphis very close on the cut line for that last spot. Memphis has big opportunity hosting Houston this weekend.

Oregon would not be out of contention with a loss tonight but it certainly worsens their at large hopes significantly
Can someone explain to me why Michigan is even in the conversation? They have no resume

Let’s say they beat Houston. What seed is Houston dropping to? What is the highest seed Houston can hope for? 5 or 6 seed? I’m having a hard time understand how 10 losses isn’t too many for a team that plays in a conference with only 2 other decent teams.
Houston is a 5 for most...small chance to move to a 4 but seriously doubt it....Houston would likely drop to 6. Ive never been high on either of the AAC bubbles but do fear one is going to get in.

Can someone explain to me why Michigan is even in the conversation? They have no resume
?????

wins over Purdue, at Iowa, San Diego State neutral, Michigan State and Rutgers...and you can add at Indiana. Only bad loss to Minnesota. SOS of 10, non conference sos 25

They enough quality wins, its the amount of losses the issue

its close they have a cleaner profile, RU has better wins but Michigan has better metrics including sos and non conference sos and has a quality non conference win. That they are only 3 games above huge negative and one more loss and they may need two in the Big 10 tourney
Of course there's no metric for Quality of Coach lol.

If we beat PSU I dont see how we lose. Either the 4 or the 5 or 6 against bottom 4 team winners. Works for me. Just best those scumbags from st. College.

?????

wins over Purdue, at Iowa, San Diego State neutral, Michigan State and Rutgers...and you can add at Indiana. Only bad loss to Minnesota. SOS of 10, non conference sos 25

What do they need to do in B1G T if they lose @OSU?

That would mean 2 more losses unless they win it all... 2 tournament wins and out would be 18-15... 1 more and it's only 17-15... 2 games over .500

Michigan is very much in the danger Zone at 10-9/16-13

At Ohio state on Sunday

A loss there has them 10-10/16-14 facing Indiana in the 8/9 game ….loser is going home to
The NIT

And even if Michigan beats Indiana there…a loss to Wisconsin makes them 11-11/17-15

They really need to beat Ohio state to be out of the “big trouble zone “…much like we need to beat PSU

Double overtime!

Yeah impressed with Bradley been watching their last 3-4 games

That was a terrible last shot.why a 3?

Why do they settle for outside shots

Fresno fails and the Aztecs survive and pretty much lock their bid in

Fresno travels to Wyoming Saturday in search of another upset

?????

The wins are pretty thin for a 14/15 loss team. SDSU, Indiana and RU are bubblers. Michigan St could end up with a bubbler seed too (they could fall to a 9ish seed?).

• Love
Reactions: FastMJ
The wins are pretty thin for a 14/15 loss team. SDSU, Indiana and RU are bubblers. Michigan St could end up with a bubbler seed too (they could fall to a 9ish seed?).

They arent thin for a bubble team..the issue is the sheer loss mark is becoming unmanageable

They arent thin for a bubble team..the issue is the sheer loss mark is becoming unmanageable
You may be right, particularly with the way Iowa has been playing. That road win is looking better than it once would have. Palm had them as a 9 seed in his recent bracket before the win yesterday. I’m thinking more like 6-7 seed with potential to be even better.

You may be right, particularly with the way Iowa has been playing. That road win is looking better than it once would have. Palm had them as a 9 seed in his recent bracket before the win yesterday. I’m thinking more like 6-7 seed with potential to be even better.

I am moving up Iowa to 6...going to be hard for them to getting higher than a 5

Iowa is an interesting team. If they get the right matchup, they can blow you out. In the wrong matchup, they will get beaten down.

Lunardi has us as a first four vs Loyola Chicago, winner gets UConn in Buffalo.

Seems like just about everyone updating their brackets has us in, most in the First Four, except Jerry Palm

Lunardi has us as a first four vs Loyola Chicago, winner gets UConn in Buffalo.

Seems like just about everyone updating their brackets has us in, most in the First Four, except Jerry Palm
I don’t really mind going to Dayton. Gives us a tune up game before the field of 64

in lunardi’s bracket he drops Michigan two spots after a double digit home loss. Can’t fathom why they would be above RU in the standings. games in common we are better.
They only have one more loss than us, and our losses are far worse. If they lose Sunday and we win, we should be ahead of them.

Reactions: biker7766 and kcg88
If we lose to Penn state , what does that do to our chances ? How much work needs to be done in the conference tournament?

If we lose to Penn state , what does that do to our chances ? How much work needs to be done in the conference tournament?

Depends on where they are with the majority of the committee right now because winning the first conference game will do nothing to improve their position. If they now have them as first four byes or better, which is where I have them, then one conference win should do it. If the majority has them as first four in right now then they would likely need two wins as a loss to Penn State puts them in first four out or worse.

So 50/50 or 60/40 with one tournament win. And they're in with two wins as the second win would be against a ranked team on a neutral court.

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT