ADVERTISEMENT

best thing the JH has done to date.

sailor41123

All Conference
Oct 30, 2003
She extended KF contract and it showing in the recruiting.... when we lost a lot of recruits it was partially because most did not think KF was coming back..

KF may turn out to be one of the best things that happened to RU football...

Hope this season is as good as last yr and even one win better.... if so we can say the sleeping giant has awakened...

KF has grown each yr. on the job.... it well be very interesting to see what his ceiling.... and I do not think he would ever leave to coach elsewhere...

go RU and KF

let the dream team happen....

Should've done it earlier before all the decommits.

You may very well be correct but I don't think that determination can be made until we see next season's results and next season's recruiting class.

I was impressed with her networking to help land us in the Quick Lane Bowl. While many on the boards were deriding her for not chasing after pie in the sky scenarios that had next to no chance of happening, she helped make our best, most realistic option happen and we ended up playing a P5 opponent in a domed NFL stadium in what turned out to be almost a 3.5-hour infomercial for Rutgers Football instead of ending up in an almost no-win situation on a sloppy grass field at 12 noon the day after Christmas (or worse).

Joe P.

I think getting into her personal life and discussing her social life is inappropriate, no ?

oh never mind..mis-understood your topic
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by sailor41123:
She extended KF contract and it showing in the recruiting.... when we lost a lot of recruits it was partially because most did not think KF was coming back..

KF may turn out to be one of the best things that happened to RU football...

Hope this season is as good as last yr and even one win better.... if so we can say the sleeping giant has awakened...

KF has grown each yr. on the job.... it well be very interesting to see what his ceiling.... and I do not think he would ever leave to coach elsewhere...

go RU and KF

let the dream team happen....
Let's not count our chickens before they hatch. As of today, we do not have a top recruiting class. Although I like the direction of the program today compared to 1.5 years ago.

I was impressed with her networking to help land us in the Quick Lane Bowl.
This is her greatest accomplishment in the last two years ? Yikes. Don't forget that she reorganized FB parking and built new coaches offices at the RAC as well. Hard to put a price tag on those accomplishments, eh ?

i get the impression that the rest of the B1G AD's are traveling at 65MPH down the road while RU is plodding along in the right lane at 35 MPH. We are not trying to catch up, merely trying to stay within eyesight of the rest of the conference.

This is her greatest accomplishment in the last two years ? Yikes. Don't forget that she reorganized FB parking and built new coaches offices at the RAC as well. Hard to put a price tag on those accomplishments, eh ?

i get the impression that the rest of the B1G AD's are traveling at 65MPH down the road while RU is plodding along in the right lane at 35 MPH. We are not trying to catch up, merely trying to stay within eyesight of the rest of the conference.

That 35 miles an hour are the three sea anchors called ALUMNI DONATIONS AND JERSEY POLITICS AND LOCAL PRESS

Originally posted by imbazza:

That 35 miles an hour are the three sea anchors called ALUMNI DONATIONS AND JERSEY POLITICS AND LOCAL PRESS
Outside of football, we are from view in facility and support compared to the rest of the B1G. Pick a sport and random B1G school and compare the facilities.

Yeah, what goon JH is; she should have reversed decades of apathy, ineptitude and lack of funding in 18 months...

Joe P.

Yeah honestly I did not know what to think of Julie Hermann when she was first hired, but I must admit she is slowly growing on me.

1. She did a great job getting Flood his new contract and extension even though it definitely would've been nice to have it done before the de-commits of 2014, but who knows what the situation was at that time.

2. She also got us into the Quick Lane Bowl against a Power 5 team when a lot of people were predicting us to be playing in the Heart of Dallas Bowl against Louisiana Tech (I think) which was a lose-lose situation because either we win like we should or we lose and would look terrible. Instead we got to put a BEAT DOWN on UNC who actually is more of a recruiting "rival" than most would think because it is one of a few schools that can compare to us academically and athletically (Even though their academics is now a mess and has a huge blemish on it after all of their scandals.) I still really wish Tommy Hatton had chosen us over UNC, but you can't win them all.

3. She seems to be working well with Flood and they both have the same goal in mind... a BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP!

Originally posted by Knightmoves....

yup things you claim are so basic yet the two previous ADs didnt address them or sprucing the RAC up or having to deal with how to upgrade the MAAC level infrastructure left by Tim and Bob

are you that naïve...entering the Big 10 isn't about changing stationary, if you have been around here more than a year you would realize how far behind just about EVERYTHING is at this school. Of course you have been so its just your anti Julie vendetta again. Julie spent much of the first year shoring up football because that's the bread and butter and then working on those deplorable offices at the RAC which any previous AD should have been embarrassed with.
This post was edited on 3/9 9:21 PM by bac2therac

Knightmoves not that I'd expect you to get it but the other ADs are running 65 mph because they have a lot of $$$$. Get it got it GOOD!!

Jeez, what a bunch of beaten down low expectations bunch we are! Another very good thing our Director of Athletics in the BIG conference has done is avoiding putting her foot in her mouth.

We really deserve all we get...

Originally posted by RUsojo:
If the faithless Barcalounger critics on the message boards rallied behind Flood and alma mater instead of wetting the bed in 2013, we might not have had the decommits in the first place.

bac never fails to come running to JH's rescue anytime her job performance is discussed. Anyone who doesn't lavish constant praise on her performance as AD is accused of having an anti Julie agenda, or worse. It's another example of the self appointed Board Police helping us to properly formulate our thoughts.

Originally posted by Knightmoves:
bac never fails to come running to JH's rescue anytime her job performance is discussed. Anyone who doesn't lavish constant praise on her performance as AD is accused of having an anti Julie agenda, or worse. It's another example of the self appointed Board Police helping us to properly formulate our thoughts.
While BAC does have a bit of a crush on our AD you are the exact opposite. You claim we are only traveling 35 MPH, well, if you have money for a Honda and everyone else a Ferrari, how do you keep up? She has made some good hires, she is raising or has raised the money for the baseball facility, while "small" in the grand scheme the improvements to HP stadium were big for actual games. Do I wish she had landed some whale that dropped 30 million in one donation, of course, unfortunately that doesn't seem to ever happen at RU. For the time being, we need to stay the course, make improvements where we can, and continue to raise money for the football/practice facility.

Originally posted by vkj91:

While BAC does have a bit of a crush on our AD you are the exact opposite. You claim we are only traveling 35 MPH, well, if you have money for a Honda and everyone else a Ferrari, how do you keep up? She has made some good hires, she is raising or has raised the money for the baseball facility, while "small" in the grand scheme the improvements to HP stadium were big for actual games. Do I wish she had landed some whale that dropped 30 million in one donation, of course, unfortunately that doesn't seem to ever happen at RU. For the time being, we need to stay the course, make improvements where we can, and continue to raise money for the football/practice facility.
75645d9c5810b7626ecedb8183b45605bfc37c175c0845f683e503b05d7ffd19.jpg

actually its more like I am here to clean up your bile and excrement concerning the subject

Not really a Julie fan, don't dislike her either. I'll let her do her job and decide later. How she was hired, however, is a joke. Her putting her foot in her mouth repeatedly? Another joke.

The former will matter if she does a good job. The latter will not matter if she has stopped doing it.

So I have no need to bash nor defend. I'll just take each thing as it comes and decide how I feel and not try to frame it in "I love Julie" or "Julie must go" packages.

As for Flood's contract ... the reason for the decommits was NOT doubt about Flood's future. It was his second year, for crying out loud. No reason to give him a big fat extension then. The reason for the decommits was an absolutely horrific second half of a season that no decent recruit could look at and not get scared. Many bolted. We get it. Looked like a friggin' mess.

Things look better now. We always knew Flood could recruit -- he did get those decommits to commit in the first place, right? -- and now with a firmer foundation -- regardless of his extension -- Rutgers looks like a safer bet than it did not so long ago. Then you add in the security of his extension and you've got something to build on.

But let's see him do it first.

Originally posted by SanFranRutgers:
If the faithless Barcalounger critics on the message boards rallied behind Flood and alma mater instead of wetting the bed in 2013, we might not have had the decommits in the first place.
You cant really believe this. Kids are making their college decision based on message board posters. Get real.

The best thing Julie did was to not resign in the face of pressure from the press.
This post was edited on 3/10 12:08 PM by derleider

thanks for the laugh

Didn't RU raise the most money ever this year. She has been very honest about the financial state of affairs and has laid out a plan to close the gaps, and what is needed. I have no idea how much her efforts helped, but it does feel like if a gazillionare said if I gave you 10M, or 40M, what would you do and in what order, she would pull out the plan.

Money makes the world go around, we still don't have enough.

Such low standards indeed! Let's not forget she was the one that exposed Flood's risky employment status in the first place by conducting the worst and most embarrassing "supposed" search for a new head coach in the history of college football. Complete ineptitude. She should have resigned after that fiasco.

Originally posted by cRURah:
Such low standards indeed! Let's not forget she was the one that exposed Flood's risky employment status in the first place by conducting the worst and most embarrassing "supposed" search for a new head coach in the history of college football. Complete ineptitude. She should have resigned after that fiasco.
Floods risky employment status was caused by his low buyout and blowing it to end each of his first two seasons. Whether the supposed job search had occurred or not, he would still have been seen as a lame duck.

agree with your assessment of Flood. Great move prior to the losses, and then the victories to cap off the year.

Also impressed with her in other areas like the quicklane, and other things we've heard. Hope she keeps it up.

Dream Team is one thing, Chicago Bulls were still good. 2016 will be a great haul, and the beginning of more to come.

Originally posted by bac2therac:
actually its more like I am here to clean up your bile and excrement concerning the subject
Pls re read my posts in this thread and tell me what bile and excrement you are describing. Or is it in your active imagination ? Your agenda is obvious. You set low standards for our AD yet complain about the performance of RU athletics. The rubber does not meet the road with your agenda. But you already know that.

Short answer is that the school wasnt ready for the move. Julie has alot of work to do so instead of criticizing why don't you support

Originally posted by derleider:
You cant really believe this. Kids are making their college decision based on message board posters. Get real.

The best thing Julie did was to not resign in the face of pressure from the press.
I believe that the 2013 climate of "Kyle Flood is on the hotseat" was fan-created, press-fueled. I really believe it.

Saying that she wishes that the Star Ledger would go out of business was the best thing she said all year.

Originally posted by BoroKnight:
Not really a Julie fan, don't dislike her either. I'll let her do her job and decide later. How she was hired, however, is a joke. Her putting her foot in her mouth repeatedly? Another joke.

The former will matter if she does a good job. The latter will not matter if she has stopped doing it.

So I have no need to bash nor defend. I'll just take each thing as it comes and decide how I feel and not try to frame it in "I love Julie" or "Julie must go" packages.

As for Flood's contract ... the reason for the decommits was NOT doubt about Flood's future. It was his second year, for crying out loud. No reason to give him a big fat extension then. The reason for the decommits was an absolutely horrific second half of a season that no decent recruit could look at and not get scared. Many bolted. We get it. Looked like a friggin' mess.

Things look better now. We always knew Flood could recruit -- he did get those decommits to commit in the first place, right? -- and now with a firmer foundation -- regardless of his extension -- Rutgers looks like a safer bet than it did not so long ago. Then you add in the security of his extension and you've got something to build on.

But let's see him do it first.
+100 except the part about "Flood could recruit". So far he hasn't done it in recrutiting. Lets see what he can do for 2016+.

I believe that the 2013 climate of "Kyle Flood is on the hotseat" was fan-created, press-fueled. I really believe it.
I do too. And I consider myself to be pretty level headed about these types of things. The fan cess pool that this board turned into absolutely could not have helped. Kids are all over the internet these days. They get ALL of their information from the internet. So at the absolute least, they knew the fans were disgusted with Flood, thought the was incompetent, and was going to be fired. Whether that rubbed off on them or impacted any of their decisions, I don't know. But it certainly could not have helped. I know if I was recruiting for another school and a kid said he was considering Rutgers I would have said "Are you crazy? they are going to lose every game when they get to the Big Ten. They can barely win in the AAC, their coach is terrible and he's going to be fired. If you don't believe me, check out all of their fan sites....every one says he is gonna get fired any day now."

It didn't help to have all of those manufactured crises: Ian Thomas quitting to play baseball, Jevon Tyree supposedly getting abused by the DC (of course it didn't matter that that happened 6 months prior and was dealt with), someone calling JH claiming to be Tyree's father only to find out that it wasn't (still think it was someone close to them, most likely their pastor from what I've heard), etc.

It also didn't help that there was dissension in the ranks of his assistant coaches. I still have to wonder what the hell Spence did other than collect a paycheck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT